Triamcinolone Cream

Comment from: Nate, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 14

Itchy, discolored, flaky, dry rash started during puberty, and got progressively worse. Started on neck thighs, moved to trunk, buttocks, arms, back, and everywhere except my face. Tens of doctors, tests, possible diagnoses, and ineffective treatments. I've tried it all. It's affected my confidence, my clothes (never shorts or t-shirts outside), vacations, etc. I thought this was just my skin for life. After 25 years, was finally prescribed this medication and within 2 days, noticed a positive change. After 4 days, it had cleared up more than 50%! To me, it is the miracle cream I've looked for all my life. I'm excited about this journey!

Related Reading: rash | puberty

Comment from: 13-18 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 26

I've had eczema since I was 12 yrs old and was never able to get rid of it. I tried many creams and even slept covered with things such as diaper ointment, spam and aquaphor. Finally, I was prescribed this cream and began using it as directed. Within 2 days, my eczema was gone! It sometimes flares up but as long as I have my cream, it's resolved within days! So grateful for this cream!

Related Reading: eczema

Comment from: Dee Liss, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 29

I have a eczema for 8 months.I tried every over the counter eczema products. It didnt work for me. Went to the doctor recently and ask for prescription cream. It looks way worst since the first year i have it. So the doctor prescribe me with this medication cream. I see results in 2 days , 3 times a day application. Thank you.

Comment from: kjwike, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: May 13

I have severe eczema - starting in childhood and I am now 25 and still suffer from it. I was put on triamcinolone steroid cream when I was a child which worked, what I thought was, wonders. The itching red spots disappeared within days, and my mother and I were very excited. My mother specifically asked if there were any side effects to be worried about from a steroid especially thinning of the skin - and we were told not to worry. I have always been fit and never over weight, but my sophomore year of high school I began showing stretch marks on my inner thighs...the only explanation I have is the steroid cream did indeed thin my skin so much over the years that when I grew my skin didn't have enough elasticity left to stretch without stretch marks. The problem with steroid cream is that it works, and it works very well, but there are consequences. I would not recommend using it in children unless it is only for a short period of time, or on a small area of skin. (I was applying cream over basically all of my body) I hope this helps, and good luck to everyone!

Related Reading: triamcinolone | stretch marks

Comment from: Mariachiflute, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 19

After trying OTC hydrocortisone cream, oral prednisone (helped somewhat-1st thing that did), betamethasone cream, clobetasol ointment, all of which helped a little for my terrible itching rash, I was put on triamcinolone cream twice a day. The extremely itchy rash, which started on my stomach and buttocks, spread to my entire body except my face. It was supremely itchy (resistant to oral Benadryl, Hydroxyzine and anti-itching sprays) had open sores and kept spreading. It became difficult to dress due to my appearance. A biopsy came back negative as did a culture for any known infectious or malignant cause, so I was diagnosed with a "neurodermatitis". The itching was so bad I could not sleep at night. Tried everything- non-allergenic soaps, change of sheets and clothes, everything. Finally within days of starting this cream my symptoms became manageable and have decreased very significantly. If I do stop for even a day it returns with a vengeance (has not yet completely cleared up) but the itching is also much better. Even though it hasn't completely eliminated the rash it has given me my life back and I get it in a 1 lb tub. I am willing to tolerate side effects such as thinning skin given what my alternatives are. Finally something that really helps!

Related Reading: hydrocortisone | prednisone | betamethasone

Comment from: LWD01915, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 30

Honestly, I don't know what skin condition I have I only get it when first exposed to the sun and only on my hands. It's probably some form of eczema but by the time I get to the doctor's, it "looks" different. The little bumps that are filled with liquid have been scratched off. But this year, I got it and it was horrible, Skin cracked and bled, hands and fingers were swollen so I went in and was prescribed this and within 4 days, it completely cleared.

Comment from: angluvcats, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 26

All my life I have had Eczema I always looked like chopped liver and would get made fun of or asked what happened are you OK? I was sick of it. One time I went to the Dr. I had, had an allergic reaction to something that gave me hives. He prescribed this medication. I Used it and the itching stopped I started using it on my eczema and the itching stopped and it went away. I use it once a day after shower where I itch. Haven't had a break out in years.

Related Reading: eczema | liver | hives

Comment from: gemgal604, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: July 09

Extremely pleased with Triamcinolone cream. We prefer it in cream, and not in the vasaline like ointment. I was finally prescribed this for my son's eczema. He had a red dry spot on his chin for months on end. He then started to get a few spots behind his knees.After several doctor appointments and other time wasting remedies the doctor prescribed this cream. It worked wonders. I was told not to use it on his face but I gave in and that spot on his face immediately disappeared! I was relieved. Who wants thier kid with a mysterious sore on his face! I know it has a steroid, but we were desperate. Use sparingly and it does the job. I now seem to get a few spots of itchy eczema and it works like a charm. Takes the itch away immediately and rash away within a short time.

Related Reading: triamcinolone cream | eczema | itch

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 09

After eight years of itching and not sleeping well I went back to my dermatolog who prescribed this triamcinolone cream. My dog was also plagued with bio spot that would stay on for month. Cortisone cream did not worked for us but the steroid cream cleared us within two weeks. Now we both sleep like a log no more itching.

Related Reading: triamcinolone cream | cortisone

Comment from: golfer guy, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 06

Prescription oral steroids had not worked for this unknown rash which appears on torso, arms, legs and comes and goes. It had come back for some three months. My doctor prescribed this cream and it is the only thing which has immediately caused healing of the rashes.

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: js in MN, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 12

For 8 - 10 years I have tried all kinds of treatments for two dry itchy patches on my face. I used this cream twice daily for about 2 weeks and it has cleared it up. I am extremely pleased with the results.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 21

I was told by two dr.s that the problem with my eyes were due to allergies. My eyes were flaky, dry, very itchy, and swollen. Put my foot down and they prescribed this for me. It has done wonders. It was eczema around my eyes. It healed

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 06

I have been using this cream for my eczema and it works every time I don't have many flare ups but when I do just put this on it twice a day it gone

Comment from: 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 26

I've been using Triamcinolone Acetonide to treat the redness of the skin on my lower legs and ankles. The cream works wonders alleviating itching, pain, the redness expanding.

Related Reading: triamcinolone

Comment from: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: February 13

I had a really bad break out of Eczema covering my arms sholders and forarms It got so bad my work was asking me to not work untill it was better. being a cook people dont like open sores and peeling around their food. This took it away in a week It was 50% better after the first 2 days of use. ONLY thing bad is it is a tad oily so to use then get dressed is a tad annoying. other then that 10/10

Types of Psoriasis: Medical Pictures and Treatments See Slideshow
Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 24

Used for skin condition in my groin - used for 7 days woke up yesterday with a rash all over my face - getting worse today??

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 23

I have used this as an ointment for skin rashes for over 10 years. Works well to get rid of immediate flare up but never seems to completely eliminate the rash. Wondering about the long term consequences of using this product. I have had several unusual eye conditions in the past year and am wondering if it could be linked in any way to long term use of this product?

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 04

Nothing else over the counter worked. and some even seem to inflame the rash worse. this stuff works immediatly and sparingly.

Comment from: smooth as silk, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 14

I was prescribed this medication in lotion form since it was for a rash on my neck. It works very well. The rash cleared up in 48 hours. I continued using it on my neck where I get hair bumps from ingrown hairs. There are no more bumps and it seems as though it slows down the hair growth in my neck and chin area overall. My neck is smooth and soft and seems to also be tightening up some. I love this medication. It is very effective on acne as well!

Related Reading: acne

Comment from: Leesha, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 09

i have had eczema for a while and i finally went to thedoctor and they perscribed me this it works so well with my skin as long as you bathe daily and apply the cream as directed your eczema will go away within a week.But now my only problem is the dark marks that the eczema has left on my skin how can i get rid of that? coca butter doesnt seem to work for me.

Related Reading: eczema

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 02

i have a unknown skin problem that ive had for years, i get these bumps on my skin all over my body that itch and eventually turn into red scabs that will not go away, they just itch but wont heal. finally at a urgent care visit i mentioned this problem and they gave me this cream. The cream works great it stopped the itch and the next day the spots were almost gone, but if i dont use it they come back

Related Reading: itch

Comment from: kasara, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 10

I have been using this for 1 month, and it really helps the itching. I have recently noticed the arm I am using this on has been growing hair. The other arm has none. It is very noticeable. Therefore I am going to quit using it.

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 01

I returned from Iraq with a skin rash in my ears. VA doctors perscribed two different types of drops which did not work. After a 22 months and a new doctor, I was prescribed Triamcinolone Acetonide Ointment. Within 24 hours the itching was gone and within 2 days it was like I had never had any skin condition at all.

Related Reading: triamcinolone

Comment from: JSR014, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 29

I had a small patch of extremely dry, itchy, flaky skin that developed on my wrist after swimming in the ocean. I put hydorcoridisone cream on it occassionally. After 2 months it was still there. This medicine cleared it up in about two weeks. My doctor also told me to use it on my nuckles in the winter, because the get really dry, crack, and itch even if I use lotion. It has worked wonders there too!!!

Comment from: jo, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 15

Apparently I'm one of those that had what Web MD says is a "rare" reaction to this. I broke out in hives, and developed dizziness and breathing. First time I've used a steroidal cream, and probably will find something else to treat eczema.

Related Reading: hives | dizziness