Truvada

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 19

I have been taking this medication for 5 years along with reyataz and norivir. Viral load undetectable and cd4 count 1500. Works very well for me.

Related Reading: reyataz

Comment from: DD, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 15

I just finished one month on this drug after exposure to the blood of an HIV infected person. I hope it worked but will need further blood tests. I felt mild nausea while taking the drug and these symptoms seemed to get a little worse after I finished treatment. HIV is not just a disease of drug users and gays. If a 57 year-old, married, hetrosexual, managomous person can be exposed, anyone can! And thank God for the researchers who have created these drugs.

Comment from: Rino, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 30

I have been on combination Truvada and Reyataz for almost three years now. This combination has been much much easier for me to tolerate than my previous with virtually no side effects from it! Regained my undetectable level after three months. Have nothing to say but great things about Truvada and Reyataz combination therapy! This once a day regiment also makes it much easier to handle.

Related Reading: truvada | reyataz

Comment from: Xabia, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 25

I have been taking Truvada with Viramune (neviripine) since 2005. Viral load undetectable since then. However there are now concerns re phosphate levels in kidneys and will have to have it monitored closely (RPB test).

Related Reading: viramune

Comment from: tony, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: June 07

have went six months without the use of truvada and sustiva and has suffered no reprocution from doing so my cd4 remains undetected and i feel fine...however i do still experience slight swelling in lymphnoe

Related Reading: truvada | sustiva

Comment from: tink, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 14

i have been on this med for about 6 months haveing problems with vomiting and loos of appite also made anxity go up but so far so good only thing is that it and tivicay dont like the pills i take for epilepsy

Related Reading: tivicay

Comment from: Kallith, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 02

I take this with raltegravir. Been on thesse two for 5 years. I gained 90lbs in the first 6 months as well as serious nausea and vomiting problem. The weight gain stopped but I still get nausea very easily and have lost most of my appetite. Medical marijuana has helped immensely but hasn't stopped it completely. Also my weight gain was weird. I gained under the arms, my upper arms and upper back as well as my stomach, but mostly in almost a band around my chest. really noticable under the arms. Had very vivid, extremely realistic dreams that were hard to te from memories sometimes. I kinda enjoyed them but they were also disconcerting.

Comment from: Charles, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: August 15

I have been taking Truvada since 2004. Issentress was added in 2011. I have taken AIDS meds since 1994. My viral load has ranged from 1200 to 3M, but recently has been at 27K. My CD4 is between 325 and 625. My CD4 % is usually 14%. I have numerous side effects including a hospitalization for pancreatitis, nightmares,kidney disease, gas, drowsiness, fatty liver, excessive sweating and accumulation of fat on my belly. I am Bi-polar, but recently my level of depression has increased due to Truvada. I take D3 to counter the bone loss as I have a moderately low bone density, maybe due to taking Truvada.

Related Reading: pancreatitis | nightmares | liver

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 02

I started taking Truvada and Isentress 4 days ago and have zero side affects. These are the first HIV meds I have ever taken. I do not notice any changes in energy, ability to sleep , mood etc... I hope this keeps up and will update when my levels are rechecked. I am a 49 yr old male HIV+.

Related Reading: truvada | isentress

Comment from: rigo, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 30

Truvada is a great medicine except in my very special case it gives me a lot of gas in my stomach and also I have developed a hughe belly full of grease (lypodistrophia), it seems most of my body grease accumulates around my abdominal area, which is uncomfortable.

Comment from: Childe, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 03

I have been taking this in conjunction with Isentress, for a little over a month & already my viral load is undectecable and my T-cell count is up by 100! A life saver. I am so thankful for this medicine and the wonderful scientists and doctors who care enough to help with this terrible disease!

Comment from: Mplsguy, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 14

I take this drug with isentress. This was my original regimen that I began in Oct 2009. No side effects or problems. Undetectable VL since starting.

Related Reading: isentress

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 06

I've been on truvada and isentress for just over a year and have had great results. My viral load is undetectable and my cd4 count has gone from 50 to 326. Never had any side effects. Easy to take. I have a great Dr.

Related Reading: truvada

Comment from: BeyondBlessed, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 01

Have been using this drug along w/isentriss..combination appears great..Horrible stomach cramps..unsure of why..dr. advised to take w/mylanta. Tried that, to no avail..pain is unbearable at times. N e one having suggestions based on experience, please post. Thanks..Overall, n e medication is the fruit of life. I would reccommend this to everyone.

Comment from: yvonne, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 06

the medicine is okay for now.Ilike the fact that it is once a day.

Comment from: Abdi Warsame, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 22

I started use the generic Truvada(Tenvir-EM) from bonhoa.com in 2017, when Intelence affected my liver. Great combination. I stopped use sleeping pills. Take Truvada before bed. Great medicine.

Related Reading: intelence | liver

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 22

Just started on Truvada for PrEP. So far, I've seen no obvious complications or side effects. My body seems to be adjusting to it okay. I can't comment on the effectiveness unless I get HIV.

Comment from: hope, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 28

Great meds in combo with intresses no side effects yet though have few issues with motions and itchiness, but not sure if they are due to meds.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: May 17

Take Truvada with Kaletra to control HIV and chronic HepB. Viral load undetectable and cd4 count up from 65 to 165. Wish it had more of an effect on my cd4 count.

Comment from: Newbie, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 29

Take TRUVADA at bedtime. If you are taking with ISENTRESS you may experience insomnia. Tylenol PM worked for me. First three weeks were the worst and side effects subsided one at a time. I take it at night cause I get BAD DEPRESSION side effects for about 6 or 7 hours after taking. I try to sleep through those first 6 or 7 hours. It see,ms to work. I have no other drugs to comapre this to.

Related Reading: truvada | isentress | insomnia

A Timeline of the HIV/AIDS Pandemic See Slideshow
Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 19

virus load undectable cd4 count 500. once a day with prezista and norvir. no side effects

Related Reading: prezista | norvir

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 28

Take this drug with Isentress and had great results. Best drug combination out there.

Related Reading: isentress

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 27

I had all the side effects of this drug in the first week. I stopped using it after I called me doctor in about 5 days.

Comment from: jenn, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 09

Horrible gastro-intestenal problems at first. After twoo weeks, much easier to tolerate. I take asap in the am and 2 hours later, I'm go to go.

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 29

I believe this medication has helped me

From WebMD Logo