Tylenol

Comment from: 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

Although the effects of a drug vary from person to person, Tylenol has had very little (if any) effect on pain in my experiences, and I've heard similar comments from friends, including some of whom are health professionals. Tylenol is nothing but a mere fever reducer.

Related Reading: tylenol | fever

Comment from: heine45200, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 28

this drug works well for my backpain and it seems to ease the pain for fibromyalgia that iam told i have.This might intrest you.I take one TYLENOL and one PROPOXY-N/APAP.The amazing thing is it does not matter when i take these 2 pills.If in early morning or midday the pain is 80% gone until the next day.I have had pain from broken bones so i would take 2TYLENOL 3s for pain every 3to4 hrs.But with the other 2 pills i need to take them once aday.I have asked several DRs why this is and all of them say they do not know why.If you could explain why tis combonation works i would sure like to hear it It makes no sense to me but all i know it works for me. THANKS

Related Reading: fibromyalgia | tylenol

Comment from: Barbara, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 25

Abnormal kidney function blood tests

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 25

I have used this medicene since it was first put on market for use, and been very happy with the results.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 22

I was told to use Tylenol for pain for the last 10 days preceding a surgery. I did only because it was the only thing I could take. It had little effect on the pain and I would have probably been just as well off without taking it.

Comment from: nano1028, 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: July 16

this does nothing for my pain weather it be toothache, backache, headache. I have to take it in such large doses for even a slight effect that I am afraid of overdose. 4000 mg a day is max a day for a person. I can do that easy. scared I could kill my self with overdose is that true?

Related Reading: toothache | headache

Comment from: 25-34 (Patient) Published: April 12

Tylenol does absolutely nothing for me. I am not sure why. I have never gotten any effect from it. IBuprofen works better but not a whole lot of relief from that either. I have tried with head aches, muscle pain, and back pain.

Related Reading: ibuprofen

Comment from: squeakiedeek, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 05

i used it as soon as i had pain in my back and it calmed it down long enough to go to sleep

Comment from: rad1921, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 30

Took Tyelenol-PM to help me get to sleep with headache,still didn't sleep well.

Comment from: Dee, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 12

Does not relieve pain while Aspirin does relieve the same pain.

Related Reading: aspirin

Comment from: Dee, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 12

Did not relieve pain, however aspirin was effective.

Related Reading: aspirin

Comment from: IKE, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 08

After having 2 knee replacement in 1996 I am still suffering from mild to severe muscle pain also in entire body. I have been averaging 4 tylenol per day and after reading warnings of possible liver damage am cutting back but miss the mediacation ????An opinion appreciated

Related Reading: tylenol | liver

Comment from: mindy, 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 14

it dont eas the pain!

Comment from: [email protected], 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 12

Lower back back pain .Will tylenol effect the liver ?

Comment from: stxdave, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 25

I may as well drink a glass of water as use this for pain relief. Is it a placebo ?

Comment from: rblakeley, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 18

No quite so good on pain caused by inflamation as some, but you can take it more often.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 01

I have,Rheumatoid Arthritis plus systemic lupus and am rarely without pain I have found taking 2 Tylenol 3 times a day helps to keep me mobile without the pain getting severe

Related Reading: rheumatoid arthritis | lupus | tylenol

Comment from: disappointedRN, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 04

This doesn't even work as a placebo, and as a nurse, I should know. What a waste of time, money and possible liver damage!

Comment from: (Patient) Published: April 13

I'm 21 and i had an ovarian cyst that ruptured a couple months ago. I took tylenol it helped keep my fever down and it helped with my hip pain. It was hard for me to eat a lot and i was able to take it without having to eat something with it. I was given tylenol in the hospital as well. I don't know what i would have done without it.

Related Reading: cyst | ruptured | fever

Comment from: chronic girl, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 30

I take it like candy. I'm never out of pain.

Comment from: dolfindoll, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 26

I suffered a knee injury and this drug was prescribed. It helps keep the swelling down

Related Reading: knee injury

Comment from: Dr Mom, 3-6 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: September 18

Clear winner in my family for fever reduction and no stomach upset without a doubt.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 18

Tylenol got me through pregnancy...when I couldn't take anything else for my frequent headaches. I did yoga and massage which worked some of the time but my ob said it was fine to also take Tylenol. Kept using as needed during breastfeeding and even now I find that it still works if I catch my headache early enough. My primary doc is happy that I've stopped taking nsaids for every little headache since it was killing my stomach.

Related Reading: pregnancy | headache | nsaids

Back Pain: 16 Back Pain Truths and Myths See Slideshow
Comment from: Bill, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 19

I have never felt pain relief using Tylenol.

Related Reading: tylenol

Comment from: goldie/ns, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 18

This Tylenol for Arthritis was being used with Ferromax at the same time, but had to be discontinued due to severe diarrhea. No one ( and I asked 3 doctors, and 5 pharmacists if they had heard of this) I had to decide whether to be in pain or keep my blood count up.

Related Reading: arthritis | diarrhea