Urso

Comment from: panamagirl2214, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 13

I was diagnosed with PBC and was put on URSO 250. I've been taking it for seven year, religously. It is keeping me alive. Wanderful drug. Thanks GOD for polar bears.

Related Reading: urso

Published: August 15

Better than steriods!!! and it's working

Comment from: rlpl1965, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 17

it is working!!

Comment from: connie, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: August 01

i have been on urso for 9 years, last month they switched me to ursodol generic for urso, about four days into the generic i have had alot of heartburn, could this be a factor of the generic ?

Related Reading: urso | heartburn

Comment from: Paola, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 04

I have been taking Ursodiol 300mg by Watson for six months at 1200mg/day. I am 68 year old female that was diagnosed with PBC then. I have had no side effects, still feel energetic, and am blessed to find doctors that keep me informed and tested. ALTs and ASTs have gone back to normal after being over 200. I'm told I need to take this med for the rest of my life. I had gallbladder attacks 20years ago that went undiagnosed for several years until an ultrasound confirmed the gallbladder was full of rocks, not pebbles. Obviously this contributed to the PBC today but only manifested in blood tests now. I wonder if this is a common occurence.

Related Reading: ursodiol

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: May 17

I use this for Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis. I've been taking it for 10 years, and my currebt dosage is 2000mg a day. Never once have I had type of side effect reaction to this medication, and I always see an improvement in my liver functions whenever my doctor increases my dosage. It seems to be a very safe drug.

Comment from: kitty28, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 27

I have been on URSO since 2001 A couple of years ago the pharmacist gave me a generic brand With a few days I was having severe headaches then progressed to nausea & could not get out of bed Had suicidal thoughts & depression I stopped taking them on week 3 & within 12 hours I was feeling a lot better within 24 hrs I was back to old myself Now I only take the Brand name URSO

Comment from: MMarino, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 12

My experience has be jaded by finding a doctor to treat my PBC in the Palm Beach County, Florida area. My URSO therapy of 1500 mg per day leads to diarreha and abdominal pain. I just want take the URSO and get on with my life, but being housebound and lack of a proactive doctor has me at a loss. Any suggestions

Related Reading: abdominal pain

Comment from: El, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 10

I had anti-mitochondrial antibodies, which was determined to be a possible false positive, (which is present if one has PBC- primary Biliary cirrhosis), and have had Hepatitis C. Since taking the (Urso)Ursodiol, my blood tests showing my liver enzymes always come back within the normal range, which is fabulous! The only side effects I can notice is the tendency to have to urinate, and I find my eyes get dry.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 01

I am taking this as a preventive med for gallstones. i had RnY Gastric Bypass surgery and massive quick weight loss can cause gall stones and gallbladder trouble. so far so good and no side effects- i take the generic form.

Related Reading: gallstones