Vagistat-1

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 25

i used the medication last night and i woke up at 2am with my entire labia and vulva swollen. i am also experiencing burning during urination, with blood in my urine.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 20

Upon application I initially felt burning and tingling (which I expected based on the packaging, though it seemed pretty sever). By morning, my entire vaginal area was extremely swollen and painful, beyond anything I have ever imagined. Two days later and lots of showers, I'm still suffering. I can barely walk or sit and will never use this product again. Perhaps it’s an allergy, but I have taken an oral cousin (Diflucan) of this drug without problems.

Related Reading: diflucan

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 15

I too experienced intense burning and swelling. I am calling my doctor because it seems like my symptons got worse after using this product. DO NOT USE EVER!!!!

Comment from: julie, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 02

I used Vagistat-1 at bedtime as suggested. Within a couple hours i had an intense burning pain in my vagina. I had to take a sleeping pill in order to stand pain. This morning i am still burning and i'm having a difficult time sitting. Calling my dr. and will never use this product again.

Related Reading: vagistat-1

Comment from: Ames98, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 19

I'm a little surprised at the harsh reviews. I believe the reviews but I wonder if the extreme onset burning after applying Vagistat 1 had anything to do with how advanced the yeast infection was. Obviously the more irritated ( itching/ burning) the vagina is, the more sensitive the lining and the skin is going to be. I knew by the 2nd day I had a yeast infection. I did not wait to see if it would go away so I used the Vagistat 1 and I felt relief in about 1-2 hours. By the next morning, all symptoms of a yeast infection were gone. I did use a cortisone cream on the exterior to get instant relief from the itching. So yes, you should be cautious if your yeast infection is on the extreme side, as I think this is a potent treatment that may cause burning. If you've only had mild to moderate symptoms and use Vagistat, I don't think you'll experience the burning the way others have.

Related Reading: yeast infection | cortisone

Comment from: Wasntthatbad, Published: July 03

So... update! I posted the review right under this one about a month ago. It cured my yeast infection. I had no side effects. The only sucky thing was it leaked out a little at night but that's to be expected! Sooo glad I was spared the stuff I read on here -- here is one thing to remember when reading this scary reviews... People only review when they need to complain or dissatisfied. The happy users of this product used the product and went on their way... but the ones with the crazy side effects have more motivation to share the horror! Anyway, I'm a satisfied user of this, so keep in mind it ain't all bad.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 03

OMG- DO NOT USE...I wished I had read this before taking this medicine. All the same awful things you have just been reading about- burning, swelling, and pain! I ended up sitting in a warm bath and taking a mixture of Benadryl and Advil so that I could stop crying. Awful!

Related Reading: benadryl

Comment from: Mima, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 28

I'm so surprised by the negative reviews. I thought this was the best product ever. I had tried Monistat 1 in the past and that drug created all the symptoms the reviewers are writing about. This one was fantastic and it will be the only one I use from now on.

Comment from: prideofalexis1, 35-44 (Patient) Published: February 13

As like the other women whom have posted here, I too am experiencing the swelling of the vulva area and having a differcult time sitting down. Although the itching is gone, it is now replaced with swelling and pain. DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT.

Comment from: cherrybery545, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 08

Not only did this product not work, but it made my symptoms worse. It says that symptoms should improve after a few days, but instead the "yeast" smell grew more intense as the days progressed. If I had used a three day treatment it would already be gone by now. But alas, I tried to save time and instead wasted time AND money. Please ladies... do not use this or any other one day yeast infection treatment. They do not work and, therefore, make the situation worse.

Related Reading: yeast infection

Comment from: Amy, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 26

I have intense burning of my vagina and my labia is so swollen it looks like a pair of lips. I mhave never had this happen before in my life I am scared to death. Going back to doctors in the morning. I wish I hqd read the other reviews before using.

Comment from: (Patient) Published: November 15

I only experienced slight burning, was lucky enought to avoid major side effects. But did not cure my yeast infection, I will have to try something else. In all: waste of money.

Comment from: screwthis, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 26

I wish there was some way to warn everyone about this damn thing. I've been to the doctor so much lately, I didn't want to go for what I was pretty sure was a yeast infection, since it was similar to the last one I had. "Oh," I thought, "I can manage on my own!" HELL NO. I experienced INTENSE itching almost immediately, and then woke up in the middle of the night in SO MUCH PAIN. I'm limping around today, and my labia look like miniature testicles. I don't know what to do and amy trying to get an appointment with the doctor to fix this damn mess I've made... A curse on this product!

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 02

Actually my experience was good. I'm not going to lie, I came across this website because when I first applied it yes I felt burning, tingling and intense itching so it made me panic BUT within a few hours my yeast infection was gone. ALSO there is a difference I notice between myself and alot of other women who took it. I did NOT apply it at bedtime. I actually applied it in the morning so I was up and about walking throughout the day. That may have something to do with it. Maybe its not good to use it and go to sleep. I put on a pad and went about my day. Another thing I did was used anti itch cream. That helped with the itching. Soooo I wouldn't say it's horrible. I'm only writing this because someone may be like I was earlier in a pinic thinking they are going to experience it get worse. My advice is don't take it and go to sleep. Take it in the morning. I took it at 7:30am and by almost 4 felt soooo much better. Good luck ladies.

Related Reading: itch

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 11

This is by far the worst medication on the market. With all the pain, burning, itching, and swelling, there should be something someone could do to get this product off the market. Buyer beware!!!!!

Comment from: 35-44 (Patient) Published: February 07

I totally agree I wasted 20 hard earned dollars and it didn't work just made it worse I should get my money back

Published: February 06

Horrible! Pain...swelling....why did I use this product!

Comment from: Tashe65, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 22

I used this product last night at about 10:30 and woke up at 2:00 am with extreme pain and swelling. I do not recommend this product at - it needs to be taken off the market. I had to go see my doctor because the side effects are so bad. PLEASE DO USE THIS MEDICATION AND PLEASE TELL ALL YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS NOT TO USE IT.

Comment from: tanisha, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 02

I like the others dont know why i didnt learn before. i used vagistat when it first came out and the next day i was done. the itching and the swollen clitoris was too much for me. i was completely irritated. now as some hours have gone by i feel a litle better but not like i do when i used monistat one. that by far was the best treatment ever for one day use. i feel itchy still and very uncomfortable. if this doesn not improve in 3-4 days i am going to use my monistat 1 day and hopefully that will work. this product is terrible. stick to whats best and first. monistat.

Comment from: Izzy, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 12

I also used this product without looking at the reviews. I am nearing the end of day 1 and things got so bad that I went to the doctor to make sure I didn't have some kind of other infection besides yeast. They did tests and I was told I am clear (no yeast either) but I am totally swollen and the itching has pretty much been replaced by burning. From what I have read here I only have another day or two left of this but.... I will not be using this product again. I'll stick to the 3 to 5 day treatments. As previously described, within a couple of hours of using the product (at bedtime) I felt intense burning that lasted for quite some time.. .and then the swelling started. It's been a pretty crappy experience overall.

Pelvic Pain: What's Causing Your Pelvic Pain? See Slideshow
Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 06

I chose Vagistat-1 to treat my vaginal yeast infection because of the ease of use and 1 day application. It did take care of my infection, however it inflamed my vaginal area so much that I could hardly walk the following day. It was exquisitly painful to the touch. It was still painful on day 2 but much better. I've used other brands 3 and 7 day preparations without incident and I will use them again when needed. I don't know if it's the 1 day dose or if I'm allergic to the active ingredient but I will never use this product again.

Related Reading: vagistat-1 | yeast infection

Comment from: M, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 25

When I got this product I felt it would work because my symptoms were not bad. After inserting the ointment I had a large amount of yeasty discharge. I thought it was the ointment coming out until about a day later when my symptoms worsened. It should be against the law to sell this product. I am now trying aloe gel from the plant.

Related Reading: aloe

Comment from: Burning, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 02

I cannot believe I didn't read these reviews before I bought this product. One day treatment? On sale at drugstore? I was sold. What a mistake! My symptoms got so much worse immediately upon taking it that I began to Google around to see if I was having an unusual reaction. Voila -- tons of reviews like these about how bad the product is. Honestly, if I could rewind and do it again, I wouldn't take this product in a million years. The burning and pain after taking was not at all worth the convenience of a one day "treatment".

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 16

I have used this product twice and both times I had the same result with the symptoms getting worse: increased itching, pain and swelling, but no cure. Why didn't I learn my lesson after the first time I don't know. This product should be taken off the market and NEVER SOLD TO ANYONE!!!!!!

Comment from: Warning78, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 04

I have experienced the same reactions as the other reviews. It has made my symptoms worse; burning, pain, itching. I haven't been able to sleep through the night since the initial application. If I could go back in time, I would have gone with a 3 day.