Vaniqa

Comment from: hall378025-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 17

I have used this as directed for 4 months and don't really see a change.

Comment from: MommaK55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 24

I was at the end of my rope with facial hair increasing and I was becoming depressed by it. I remembered that I had heard about Vanilqa and thought it was time to give it a try.Nothing else gave me relief. My skin was even becoming distorted from tweezing and shaving. I looked horrible! I have my first tube of Vaniqa and have been using it for about 2 months. I am AMAZED. It has slowed down facial hair growth about 90% and has affected the density of hair about 99%. The few hairs now that grow are so thin and almost not visible that I am a happy woman now! It truly is life-changing and I can be social again. I regret my inherited genetics but now Vaniqa allows me to deal with it so easily. I will gladly cut out some other expenses to afford this purchase every 6-8 months or so! I wish everyone good luck with this product!

Comment from: 65-71on Treatment for 10+ years Published: November 29

I started using Vaniqa in 2005, only using around my mouth. I have been without it from time to time, mainly because of the cost. Always so glad to start using it again as I can really tell the difference without it. Vaniqa saves me time everyday as I don't always have to puck and when I do there are only a few sparce hairs.

Comment from: zelda65-71on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 10

This drug did what it was intended to do. After 5-6 weeks of twice daily applications, my unwanted chin hair had turned to slow growing peach fuzz, barely visible. Unfortunately, I was also sprouting big, ugly, painful red bumps along my jaw line and under my lower lip. I stopped using the Vaniqa, but the bumps persisted for several weeks afterwards. I'm a senior with no prior history of acne or other facial skin disturbance. Now my skin is back to its normal state, but so is the unwanted hair. So I've gone back to tweezing. if your skin doesn't break out, great; otherwise, forget it.

Related Reading: vaniqa | acne

Comment from: Hair today Gone tomorrow65-71on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 04

I've been using Vaniqa cream for 5 months. In Australia, my health insurance gives a rebate of 35% of the $110 cost. One tube lasts 5 months. It works after 3 wks. Facial hair almost disappears

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: June 22

This product has worked like a charm for me. Completely controls hair growth with no side effects. I've had no skin rashes or other issues whatsoever.

Comment from: Heyzel55-64on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: October 17

I have used Vaniqua for over 5 years. It is expensive and not covered by insurance. It doesn't seem to work for me, but I'm afraid to stop using it it case it is having some minimal effect. It may work for some. It is a big, expensive disappointment for me.

Comment from: hairybride2b45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 12

Hi everyone, I just started using this cream. I can't really give a full review, as of yet. I am hoping I can give a great review in a few weeks/months. I do however have a question for the other women who have used this. Did you shave the area prior to using the cream? If so, did you start getting little white "bumps" on the area? I am getting married in October and need this hairy chin and neck GONE!! Any hope? Thank you,

Comment from: 0000065-71 Published: March 06

Price of this drug is now out of my reach.

Comment from: Jen25-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: July 27

I have dark, coarse hair on my upper lip, chin, and neck area due to PCOS. I was prescribed Vaniqa by my dermatologist and have been using it for just over 4 weeks now. I was plucking and/or shaving these areas every single day, for at least 20 minutes a day, as waxing is not an option for me (I'm not willing to let the hair grow out enough to do it). This was causing my skin in these areas to be red, irritated, as well as covered with follicle bumps, and Post-Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation on my upper lip, resulting in a mustache-like shadow. As you can imagine, my self esteem was affected very negatively because of this. I can honestly say in the 4 weeks since starting Vaniqa, I can see a major difference in not only the frequency of having to remove hair, but the hair itself. I feel the hair comes in finer, lighter, and easier to remove. I now only have to pluck once every 1-2 weeks, and it now takes less than 5 minutes. This has helped with the redness and skin irritation in these areas significantly, and my skin in these areas has never looked better. I use it in conjunction with Meladerm on my upper lip for the hyperpigmentation and have had no issues with that. The Meladerm continues to fade the hyperpigmentation while the Vaniqa gets rid of the hair. I have not noticed any scalp hair loss like some have said - the only side effect I have experienced is small, acne like bumps in the area where I apply the Vaniqa cream, but that was only in the beginning when first starting it and I don't really have issues with that now. I would absolutely recommend this medicine for any woman experiencing excess facial hair, as it does work, you just have to be patient and keep applying twice a day as it says. The only reason I give it 8 stars is because of the price. Personally, it's not covered with my insurance as it is deemed to be a cosmetic medicine, and from what I've seen that seems to be the case for most people. It's a shame that this company charges so much.

Related Reading: vaniqa | hair loss | acne

Comment from: Mary45-54on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: May 16

I have used this for 5 years now and I’m quite happy. I’m also wondering about the side affects. I have a bump on the sole of my foot (Plantar Fibroma) and I wonder if this is from the cream. Probably not but I will stop for awhile to check my symptoms.

Skin & Beauty: Anti-Aging Tips & Secrets to Look Younger See Slideshow