Venofer

Comment from: Js1747iyoyfn35-44on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: October 25

I am currently receiving a series of five infusions. This is the third time I have had to receive these infusions. Venofer has worked in that it has raised my blood iron levels and the results have lasted a long time. It has been well over a year since the last time I had to receive it. That said, it is difficult for me not only because I have poor veins and every week they must establish a new IV line but I have side effects for about 24 hours following each infusion. I get horrible joint and muscle pains and this time I am experiencing persistent nausea. I am disabled now so it doesn't matter when I get them but in the past I used to receive the infusion at the end of my work day on a Friday so that I wouldn't feel well on Saturday and it wouldn't affect my work. I am told that most people don't have such severe side effects but that having some joint pain is common.

Comment from: Sheshawoo25-34on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: October 15

This drug helped my daughter for many years now she is beginning to have hives, and her legs swell, she is beginning to have reactions, they have changed her timing on her infusion to keep from giving more benedryl, but added another allergy drug. Who has had these reactions?

Comment from: Taracab25-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 29

I have received venofur by push injection through an IV port twice and have four treatments left. Within two weeks of my first treatment I saw an improvement in symptoms. By week four I began getting back normal color. The medication does cause me to get severe migraine headaches and therefore I make sure that I don't schedule anything else on infusion days. It also has to be adminstered in a hospital setting which is why I only gave it three stars for ease. Like someone else posted my first urine after infusion is typically very dark, looks like iced tea. As opposed to listed side effects of constipation it causes me to have loose stool typically once a week the day after infusion but for me the gain is so high it does out weigh the side effects which is why I gave five star satisfaction. I am currently 32 weeks pregnant and have had no pregnancy related complications due to the medication itself, and once again the benefit of taking the medication for my baby out weighs the risks. I have iron defiency anemia, with poor red blood cell production. After one use my crit and hemoglobin levels had doubled from starting numbers which were extremely low and put me at high risk of heart attack, and stroke.

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 03

It does not work!! Causes constipation!!

Comment from: Ezmerelda45-54on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: August 25

Problems with IV injection sites both before and after treatment... bruising (long lasting), swelling and lumps.