Ventolin HFA

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 07

I have used several inhilor and this is is so far the best one. With other inhilor, I get heart palpitaion but with this one is not the case and also I feel that work fast.

Comment from: Raissa C., 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 22

Since I've been using it, I've felt weird. It does something to my lungs and every morning I wake up coughing too much like if my lungs are trying to kick out the medicine. The side effects are terrible. I am scared to use it!

Comment from: 45-54 (Patient) Published: March 14

The new inhalers do not seem to work as well as the old ones. After talking to my pharmasist (been one for 20 years) he said many people have complained about the effectiveness of the new inhalers and I agree they don't work! My neubulizer works much better but can't exactly take it to my job to use.

Comment from: [email protected], 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 19

It works, for having it 25 years. I'm 35 now and scared of the possible long term effects. Nobody doesn't know what it will do for long term. Am I going to need heart and lung transplant @ 50?

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 17

i had a severe rash after using this product. it did not help me breath any better.

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: 13-18 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: August 26

liklyness to get dizzy and light headed

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 04

I find that this product is one of the better new HFA. It still has a little more force to it then some of the other products. The cost is the only downside to this product.

Comment from: RFL43, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 26

For about 30 years, a Ventolin inhaler was very effective for me. It became totally ineffective when the chemical composition was changed from Albuterol USP to Albuterol Sulfate. The Sulfate derivative simply did not work. That chemical change occurred when the propellant was changed from CFC to HFA. Fortunately, I found Xopenex (levalbuterol) as an effective alternative.

Related Reading: albuterol | albuterol sulfate | xopenex

Comment from: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 08

Taken for chronic asthma and exercise induced breathing troubles. No known or noticeable side effects. Works great for me.

Related Reading: asthma

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 10

This is my first time using this medication and I have used several different ones in the past and this on is by far the best. I also like the meter it lets me know when I'm getting close to running out. I also found that the cost is much better than other inhalers I've used.

Comment from: julie, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 16

asthma symptoms worsened after taking this inhaler.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 05

much cheaper than Xopenex, the dosage counter is helpful

Comment from: Ben Dover, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 28

Used it for several months with no problems. Then I started getting terrible muscle spasms at night and in the day as well. Cramping neck and throat muscles during the day. At night severe muscle spasms of random muscles but not the charlie horse type. Feet twisting at odd angles, toes sticking straight up. Two groups of muscles at the same time pulling in opposite directions. Voice got real hoarse and I couldn't sing anymore. Things got better but then the dr. changed me to Qvar. Now it's sore throat, heavy coughing, bad wheezing at night. Going to have to try something else I guess.

Related Reading: muscle spasms | qvar | sore throat

Comment from: mom, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 09

I have been very please so far with my inhaler. However, I do need to know if this inhaler contains alcohol?

Comment from: arnellespice, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 23

it opens up your airway right away

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 08

not much change

Comment from: bill huff sr, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 14

used this medicine for 16 years. less effective now and side effects worsening daily.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 12

It makes my heart beat pretty fast and I have to lay down until I come off of it, but for right now it's the only thing that relieves my shortness of breath. I do, however, feel that it makes me more light-headed than my shortness of breath does, which sometimes worries me.

Comment from: txwojo46, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 15

Within two day's of treatment I noticed a big change in my ability to breath again. This has made a big differnce in my recovery.

Comment from: pararex, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 04

No Side Effects. Better Than The Others. Helps Cough Up Mucus & Clear Airways. Does Not Provide Dizziness Like Others Described But, Everyone Is Different I Guess. Happy Breathing.

Related Reading: cough | dizziness

Comment from: Willow, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: August 14

I have been using Ventolin for 5 years. I don't feel any side effects. It works for me.

Comment from: rustylwb, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 01

Maybe I could have given a higher rating But I do Not have anything to compare with. I use it before riding my bicycle (inside) 2 puffs. It does help and I can ride longer. I have not noticed any bad side effect.Atena does not PAY THERE PART. The counter is a real nice extra.

Comment from: JJohnson, 25-34 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 22

i have Asthma, Ventolin is by far the best medication out there to stop sudden Asthma attacks and as a asthmatic you can bet you life on it, because I do all the time. it will stop Asthma attacks.

Related Reading: asthma

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 05

Just tried the new Ventolin HFA inhaler, andit simply DOESN'T WORK! Still had some left in my ProAir HFA inhaler, so, in desperation, I used it, and experienced IMMEDIATE RELIEF. I've been experiencing pretty bad asthma all week, and I think using the Ventolin has only increased my suffering! If u read the labels, there are some seemingly subtle differences, but, at least for ME, the difference is anything but subtle! Don't assume that it'sa good drug 4u, just becuz tha dr. Prescribed it!

Related Reading: ventolin hfa | proair | asthma

Comment from: Dawn, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 27

During the winter months I get severe "wheezing" especially lying down in bed...My doctor had a chest X-ray done before prescribing me this, chest X-ray ( Thank God) was "clean". This is the 1st winter I have been on it and it's helped substantially.

QUESTION