Ventolin Solution

Comment from: AC, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: April 30

I've been using it since I was 8. Mainly before exercise (long distance running) to prevent a flair up, but I find the better in shape I am the less I need it. I also need it when i get a cold. I recently started looking at the side effects and I have experienced many of them without ever knowing they could be caused by the inhaler. The side effects I have experienced include: ringing in ears, fainting, trouble sleeping, heart palpitations, nervousness. I am going to consult now with a naturopath and see what some plant based alternatives could be and try and get in even better shape to reduce my use. However, i don't know if i will ever be able to completely stop using the drug for when i get sick or run a long time the bronchial constriction can get fairly bad.

Related Reading: fainting | palpitations

Comment from: ASTHMATIC, Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: August 06

This drug and Proventil both made my ears ring, and almost immediately caused a very nervous sensation. Repeated usage caused me to have Panic Attacks which required a 5mg of Buspirone to settle me down. A second 5 mg of Buspirone was needed to stop the nervousness and ear ringing let up drastically after the second dose about 6 hours later. Please be careful taking this drug or any with Albuterol Sulfate base as you might get the same reaction. I have used Primatene Mist and others since I was a child and am 70 years old now. They never gave me anything worse than a "racy pulse" sensation. If one puff was inhaled, usually no reaction was had and the relief was almost immediate.

Comment from: hufferberry, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 17

The inhaler itself worked very well as a rescue inhaler, however, the dosage counter on mine was inaccurate. It stopped dispensing medication when the counter said I still had 14 doses left, which resulted in a very unpleasant attack in the middle of the night. Do not rely on the dose counter, and make sure you refill your prescription long before you run out of doses.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 04

Ventolin HFA seems to be more effective than ProAir HFA. Also, it has a built-in dose counter so I can know when I need to order a refill.

Related Reading: ventolin hfa | proair

Comment from: ventolin, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 13

had all major side effects, very frightening the problems especially the chest pains and worse breathing problems

Comment from: Wheezy, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 29

i need to know if the delivery vehicle "oilec acid" is peanut oil? I am alergic to peanuts and found that Combivent contains "oilec acid" and turned out to be actually a cryptic name for PEANUT OIL.

Related Reading: combivent

Comment from: 13-18 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 05

I have has asthma since I was 8. Since I started using this medication I have had no problems with my asthma. It's prevented asthma attacks that I was at risk of getting during my horseback riding and karate lessons.

Related Reading: asthma

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 02

Ventolin has worked very well... BUT... Has anyone else had vision problems? Since going on ventolin, macular degeneration has gotten MUCH worse. I don't know if the problem is related to the medication, but the timing is right on... started the meds, eyes got worse (got worse VERY quickly, and are continuing to do so).

Related Reading: macular degeneration

Comment from: demi, 25-34 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 09

it makes it easier to breathe it works for me

Comment from: Jake, 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 15

I've used this on and off since I was a kid, needed it recently for a bad attack and found that it caused a racy pulse, jitters, nervousness, tingly/numbness in hands and face, inability to focus mentally. Works great to control bronchospasm but side effects are very pronounced for long term use. Most of these drugs seem to work this way.

Comment from: J, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 02

breathing got worse. causing heavier cough.

Related Reading: cough

Comment from: Daisy, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 15

Ventolin really helped with emphysema; and I did not have side effects. My insurance wouldn't pay for it so my pulmonologist prescribed Pro Air --which I despise! It has no counter; the container as well as the mouth piece are too short.

Related Reading: emphysema

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 29

It does what it's supposed to do when it has to do it, but it's hard to inhale and hold in when I'm coughing, and makes me want to cough more until it starts working. I find it hits the back of my throat a lot too. Also, I have pretty shakey hands to begin with and it make me even more jittery.

Comment from: missjane, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 06

I am using this medication for acute bronchitis and it has really helped. This is my second week to use it and it has made a huge difference. I will not have to use this medication for much longer, I am very happy about this.

Related Reading: bronchitis