Vicoprofen

Comment from: CeeCee, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 14

Multiple tooth extractions, 18 in all over three trips.Most people don't know the strength of vicoprofen, I found that it is 7.5mg hydrocodone and 200 mg of Ibprofen. This medication greatly reduced pain in a short amount of time when taken on an empty stomach. Did not do much for inflammation so I took an additional 200mg Ibprofen. Only needed to take two doses daily. Remember effectiveness also has to do with your weight, tolerance to narcotics and nsaids in addition to how much food and type of food you eat.

Related Reading: vicoprofen | hydrocodone | nsaids

Comment from: EMTERT27PA, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 03

I asked my md to switch me to it from lorcet or norco. I have had to over time, take a GREAT deal of narcotic meds with tylenol in it. We first went from lortab/lorcet to norco to help it out. Then I found Vicoprofen. It makes just much more good sense to me to save the liver the damage for sure if you have to take it in large amounts on a regular basis over an exntended period of time. Plus, the ibuprofen in it has very very good anti-inflam. properties in it too.......so it makes much more sense for a pain killer in my opinion! Wish I had found it sooner. Once I get through with school, I will be prescribing it to my patients across the board over the other narcotics out there of the same strenght (7.5mg hydro).

Related Reading: lorcet | norco | tylenol

Comment from: Alli, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 23

My use of this particular medication provided relief from chronic pelvic pain associated with endometriosis and adenomyosis. The medication is very effective in treating my aches and throbbing type pain but did not have much effect on the sharp shooting pains I experienced periodically when sitting or bending. The side effects experienced were quite limited. It causes constipation which ultimately needs to be treated with some OTC type product to relieve it. The other was a feeling of light-headedness coupled with trouble holding attention on a given task or mental exercise. This product has, over time, created two issues for me. One is that of dependency and the other is of tolerance. I had a brief period of time when I had no medication. Within two days, I experienced severe muscle tightening, sinus drainage and an inability to sleep. The anxiety associated with the onset of these symptoms increased a feeling of what I'll call a "tuning fork" effect or "buzz" throughout my body. Not a good feeling whatsoever. The tolerance issue is that it now takes more medication to achieve the same level of pain relief. This is of great concern as the medication contains ibuprofen. Too much of this and other body functions become affected. Overall, the benefit outweighs the risks and side-effects for my situation.

Related Reading: pelvic pain | endometriosis | constipation

Published: December 05

I had fallen and suffered from a Lumbar Sprain and underwent physical therapy, and my doctor had put me on Hydrocodone accompanied with Tylenol, the dosage was 10mg/325mg, they made me deathly ill, so my doctor prescribed the Vicoprofen(vicodon and ibuprofen) 7.5/200mg and what a relief, the pills do not make me sick and it actually helps the pain and swelling. I would recommend this particular medicine to anyone who has a reaction to Hydrocodone and Acetametaphine.

Related Reading: hydrocodone | tylenol | vicoprofen

Comment from: Mike, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 22

My pain is from two herniated discs in the lumbar region of the back along with sciatica on both sides, degenerative disc disease and spinal arthritis. This medication provides relief in 45 minutes and I am able to work with no ill affects.

Related Reading: sciatica | arthritis

Comment from: Bailey, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 04

I have severe arthritis in my hip, lower back and hands. I took this drug for a rib injury and it worked great. As for the arthritis, Celebrex and Vioxx did not do the trick that Vicoprofen has done. I take 1 or 1 and a half, starting in the morning. I take this pill after I cut it in half and it lasts for several hour. Three halves a day and I can continue with my normal routine. I now walk as much as possible during the day. This drug works wonders for me. I have blood work done every 6 months to insure no internal problems. If you can handle this drug, it works great for arthritis. I also can bowl 2 times a week now.

Related Reading: celebrex | vioxx

Comment from: justme, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 19

I have had chronic back pain for years. This is the first drug to give me relief. I have tried many.

Comment from: j, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 15

I was origianly perscribed vicodin for ra pain. I had some relief for about 1-2 hours. I did the research and found vicoprofen and asked for that instead. I find the pain relief to last about 3-5 hours. The only bad part is I have to pay out of pocket for all RXs and this med costs 3 times as much as vicodin. This great countrys medical system sucks.

Related Reading: vicodin | vicoprofen

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 11

After my second back surgery I was told I might not walk again and would not work. This med. relieves my pain enough that I walk and still work every day. I have tried it without it and unable to work or walk much due to the pain. For me it is a blessing.

Comment from: helpful40, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 17

I was in a car accident back in April. I have severe whiplash, back spasms, and knee arthritis. Vicoprofen has helped me greatly. It works much better than regular Vicodin in my opinion. And you dont get that sick nauseated feeling from it at all. 2 thumbs up!

Related Reading: whiplash | arthritis | vicoprofen

Comment from: BusyBee, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 09

Vicoprofen is a lifesaver for some. My guess is that most of the people who say it isn't as strong are used to hydro/APAP products. Because APAP potentiates the effects of hydrocodone, it will seem a little stronger in equipotent doses. That being said, some people (like myself) have never been helped by APAP, it simply does nothing for my pain. Ibuprofen, on the other hand, is very helpful. The effects of vicoprofen also last a bit longer than other formulations, therefore you can go longer between doses. Good luck to everyone.

Related Reading: hydrocodone | ibuprofen

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 06

I needed a root canal done and other OTC medications were not helping. My dentist provided this to me and I felt much better quickly. I did have some minor upset stomach but I took it with food and didn't have a problem after.

Comment from: Dixieland1014, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 25

I have an infected wisdom tooth and my dentist prescribed this for pain.. It worked wonders for the pain but made me really loopy.. obviously I couldn't take it and go to work

Comment from: [email protected], 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 29

I have taken this medication, it was new to me, after taken regular Vicodin ES 750 mg. And it seems to me that it is not stronger.. (VICOPROFEN).. The doctor told me it was better cause it had Ibrophen, in it.. but is seems weak to me.. do they make another one stronger perhaps. please let me know. thanks KIMBERLY

Related Reading: vicodin es | vicoprofen

Comment from: RichAZ, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 13

The combination of the anti-inflammatory and codiene like medication, allowed me to use less of each and get better relief. I didn't notice drowsiness. And no stomach upset when taken with food.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 05

I had this medication when I had my wisdom teeth removed and it worked. Most recently I had suffered a pretty bad shoulder injury. My doctor prescribed me this to get me through until I could seen an orthopedic shoulder specialist. No withdrawl issues, very minimal side effects when taken with food.

Related Reading: wisdom teeth

Back Pain: 16 Back Pain Truths and Myths See Slideshow
Comment from: seantodmcc, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 05

Taking for bulged dics with sciatica. i have been taking vicoprofen for three years 120 per month. i have found that the best generic is watson, the teva brand and amneal just give you a buzz does not help pain that well. i take 3 or per day of watson and have no little pain with no drowsiness or headache. The name brand works good but cost too much ( 120 pills $180 with good insurance ) I recommend for back pain over norco or vicodin i have been on all of them.

Related Reading: sciatica | vicoprofen | headache

Comment from: trishacat, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 30

I take this medication daily to help me through my daily activities. It helps eleviate my back pain and other various pains stemming from my back injury. I have had to increase the dosage to two pills every four hours. The only drawback is the weary feeling I get in the middle of the day and constipation (fiber cereal helps).

Related Reading: constipation

Comment from: tdc923, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 03

My doctor prescribed this for me because of severe cramps every single month when I have my period. This medicine works wonders each and every month. A word of advice to some ppl who say it makes them loopy, buy one of those pill splitters, take half and you will see it still helps with pain but doesn't make you as loopy. I take half if I happen to be working and experience cramps, or a whole if I am home resting. It doesn't make me so loopy I can't function but eases the pain and I feel relaxed. I have never taken just vicodin but I have taken hydrocodone in the Lorcet form and it makes my nose itch off my face, this does not do that as well. I am very satisfied with this medication for the reason I take it.

Related Reading: vicodin | hydrocodone | lorcet

Comment from: Harrlee4, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 17

I have a torn lig in my left leg and the best that I can say about the medication is YAAAAAHOOOOOO! It works well for now, but I do anticipate a drug change before long

Comment from: vicoprofen oral, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 25

fell, ribs cracked was in bad pain and doc. subscribed them for me helped me deal with my pain oh what a releif

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 04

I was prescribed this medication to relieve my lower back pain. It seems weak because I need to take at least 2 to start feeling any relief. It takes 3 or 4 for me to get rid of it completely.

Related Reading: lower back pain

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 05

This is the only meds that help my back pain.

Comment from: Beejonhd, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 25

This is great stuff. Helps with inflammation based pain greatly. Take an additional 200-400mg of ibuprofen on top of it for maximum relief. Good luck everyone.

Related Reading: ibuprofen

Comment from: cdeec, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 13

I was given Vicoprofen for an infected tooth causing severe jaw pain and it had no impact on reducing pain at prescribed dose of one tab every 4 hours. I needed to supplement 400 mg of Ibuprofen with each dose to receive only minor relief.

Related Reading: vicoprofen | ibuprofen