Vimovo

Comment from: budget watcher, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 22

Very expensive prescription....but when you check out the ingredients it is actually Aleve along with Nexium which you can substitute a variety of OTC medications which are much less expensive. Overall, I returned to taking Aleve and Previcid. Actually worked better and just as east to take. I just watch the dosage.

Related Reading: nexium

Comment from: Hopeful, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 19

Vimovo was initially prescribed and heavily endorsed by my Rheumatologist, almost like a sales pitch. After taking 500 mg twice daily for almost six months, I had my blood work done by my family dr. Discovered my kidneys have significantly reduced in function. I slowly came off over a week period and will NEVER take this medication again. I suffered stomach pain, severe constipation, and minimal relief from my osteoarthritis. I DO NOT recommend.

Related Reading: vimovo | constipation | osteoarthritis

Comment from: Edna, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 15

I had back surgery almost three years ago. I was on vicodin for a long time. Only by taking vimovo was I able to get away from vicodin. I only take one a day as it has really helped me. If I don't take them my pain comes back.

Related Reading: vicodin | vimovo

Comment from: Heidi, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 12

I have an infection in my jaws (a long story) which make my jaws klick when I open my mouth.It is just annoying, no actual pain. I was prescribed 2 bills a day. On fourth day I was so sleepy, slept almost the whole day, I didn't feel like eating, severe muscle painpain,headache and neck pain,I was drinking litres of juice, heartburn,no strenght at all and depressive thoughts. Quite soon after the evening med I vomited six times. This will be the end of my experiment with Vimovo.

Related Reading: neck pain | heartburn

Comment from: Lmort53, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 10

The arthritis pain in my knee has almost completely been relieved which I am extremely pleased with - but the numbness in my hand & possible muscle weakness in my arms may cause me to cease taking the drug. I have been blaming these side effects on the arthritis in my neck, but sleeping has become almost impossible, which I read could also be a side effect as well. It seems that I was putting off going back to my physician that prescribed it for a bunch of silly excuses, but now that I will be out of town for a week, I wonder if I should stop using it? At first I thought it was the miracle I was hoping for relief for the pain in my knee, but I have to think twice now about it. Disappointed, but considering taking only one? I know that I need to consult with physician - but wanted to share that I thought it did a fantastic job for my knee arthritis..but worried about the increasingly possible side effects :(

Related Reading: arthritis

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 03

I was given samples 2 different times, & was great no problems at all. Am trying to get my Ins. to approve it. Since been off my feet, ankles well from hips down feels like walking on toothpicks. My back wow hurts, spine area. Can not live on samples.

Comment from: MARYLIN, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 04

I WAS HAVING PAIN EVERYWHERE, LEGS, JOINTS, AND HEADACHES. EVERYTHING STOPPED HURTING! I HAD MORE ENERGY, I THINK THE PAIN WAS MAKING ME TIRED. THIS IS A MAGIC PILL. I DID HAVE BURNING IN MY STOMACHE AT FIRST,,,I WAS TAKING AN ALLERGY PILL AT THE SAME TIME, I STOPPED THAT AND THE BURNING STOPPED!

Related Reading: allergy

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 13

started taking due to extreme inflammation in my back causing sciatica from ankylosing spondylitis working great for the inflammation still have some aching but not any extreme pain like i did before

Related Reading: sciatica | ankylosing spondylitis

Comment from: 4evryoung, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 03

I was prescribed this medication for a shoulder injury w/nerve impingement. It is the only medication that has given me relief and has added some range of motion to the shoulder. It did take a few days to notice relief but now that I've been on it for about a week, I notice a big difference. The only disappointment is that it does not help me to sleep through the pain but does help tremendously to function through the day.

Comment from: seraphim56, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 24

I was prescribed this medicine for elbow pain and to reduce swelling due to minor gout. It did reduce swelling and the pain was minimized in my elbow and knee(side issue). It did not stop all of the pain but it did reduce the level. After taking this medicine for approximately six (6) weeks, I noticed severe swelling in my right ankle/foot and some in my left ankle/foot. I took the medicine for about two (2) more weeks and it just got worse. I also begin to notice that I was gaining weight. I completely stopped taking the medicine and the swelling started to go down immediately. After about a week my ankles/foot looked normal. I also begin to urinate more frequently and I lost a bloated look that I was beginning to get. After I stopped taking the medicine for the first several days my whole body ached with pain. I have been off the medicine about a week and the pain has subsided. When I go to my Dr. next week we'll see what's next. But no more VIMOVO for me. The swelling and pain in ankles/feet was scary.

Related Reading: elbow pain | gout | vimovo

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 10

I took vimovo for only 2 days. It did reduce my back, knee, and hip pain. However, during the second day, noticed a redness and sweeling in my lower right leg. I went to my Doctor and he said it was vasculitus and to take only one pill a day rather than twice a day. I said I will stop taking vimovo and rely on aleve which had worked in the past.

Related Reading: vimovo | hip pain

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 07

I have been taking this Vimovo to treat bursitis in the hip for two weeks now and although it did help somewhat with the pain, I gained weight even though I have been exercising and watching what I eat, I also felt like I was swollen and bloated.

Related Reading: vimovo | bursitis

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 27

I have been bothered with left upper rib pain for a few months. I just started this med a few days ago. I have taken one pill and have noted a difference. I have just in the last few hours noted the pain is back. So it has been two days since I have taken one and will now take another. It is nice to have relief after months of discomfort.

Comment from: Milt, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 06

I noticed that I was becoming more and more agitated. My heart stated racing after being on it 2 weeks. Plus I gain 12 lbs. Stopped before calling doctor. Do not take.

Comment from: slibi, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 30

I was given this medication for pain relief from Sciatica...did not help that at all and in fact caused such horrible and painful muscke cramping in my abdomen, it is two days lated and i am still sore. I would NEVER take this again.

Related Reading: sciatica

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 22

My doctor prescribed it to reduce pain from a knee injury until I can see an orthopedic specialist. Took the first one at 7pm with dinner - it's 2:42am - still awake from the pain. Not comfortable taking anything else. Aleve was at least giving me some relief.

Related Reading: knee injury

Comment from: Meghan, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 30

I was given Vimovo after a steroid injection for inflammation and the pain i had everywhere else. It has done absolutely nothing except make my stomach hurt.

Related Reading: vimovo

Comment from: Bertha, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 04

I am taking Vimovo for Osteoarthritis (knees, elbows, back) and its worked great for me. Better at the start, but still working.

Related Reading: osteoarthritis

Comment from: pjs, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 23

I have been taking Vimovo for about 3 weeks for pain in my foot,golfers elbow,and pain in my hand from an impact injury in addition to shin pain.For the first 2.5 weeks in worked wonderfully relieving the pain and over body stiffness.I continue to use my prescription but for some reason the pain is beginning to reappear and creep back in.

Comment from: Lynda, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 28

Saw specialist for a swollen, painful baby finger. He told me to take it for 10 days. There was NO change. I've continued to take it since I had a prescription. I have bloating and stomach pain but thought it was something I ate in spite of dieting and juicing daily. Now that I've read other reviews, I'll discontinue it.

Comment from: Feo, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 25

Dr prescribed this due to my chronic neck pain from bulging discs with inflammation and recommended therapy. After a few days of taking this it has pretty much eliminated my chronic neck pain. My only issue is it bothers my stomach even with the PPI. Been on for 2 weeks but will take a break to see if stomach issues clear up.

Related Reading: neck pain

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 21

I liked the fact that i can take the medicine without eating, but i still had to take Tylenol for the pain.

Related Reading: tylenol

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 05

I have been please with the medication, but concerned about ease in bleeding and persistant cough.

Related Reading: cough

Comment from: CupCaked, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 27

After three lumbar fusions in ten years' time and lots of Vicodin, Percocet, etc, my P.M. doctor decided to try me on Vimovo. I had taken naproxyn (Aleve, naprosyn, Anaprox) in the past, it worked very well to get rid of back pain, but I wound up with a stomach ulcer. This is supposed to help with that because of the added acid reducer. We'll see, but in the meantime, it's cut my opiate pain med use almost in half - and that's a good thing.

Related Reading: vicodin | percocet | naprosyn

Comment from: Rockaway Mom, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 23

I took Vimovo for four days and noticed blood in my stool, accompanied with diarhea. I have GI problems and according to the the risks and side effects, I should not have been taking this drug to begin with. My internist didn't do his "homework"