Vimovo

Comment from: Denise45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 13

This drug caused heavy and unexpected bleeding. Will not take this again. Bleeding lasted for over 3 weeks only after being on this for 14 days. Heart rate spiked too - not worth the side effects

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 09

Comment from: JBoyd45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 04

I was prescribed this medication after having foot surgery. I took it for 5 days and noticed feeling like my blood pressure was high. Went to post op appointment and BP was 173/103. I had decided the night before not to take Vimovo anymore. The doctor agreed to stop the meds. If you have hypertension (high blood pressure) DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICINE. I have been in the hospital for 2 days trying to get my pressure down and relieve the pressure in my chest.

Related Reading: vimovo | high blood pressure

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 07

I have been suffering from Achilles tendinitis since October 2017. I have tried physical therapy, deep tissue massages, stretching, ice and heat treatments. I called my dr. and he prescribed the Vimovo. I started taking it on Saturday, but Sunday night I couldn't sleep because of pain in my gut. I have not taken anymore. I'll go back to Advil and Turmeric.

Related Reading: vimovo | turmeric

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 28

Severe vomiting and diarrhea while taking this medicine. Numbness to hands and feet also occurred. Pretty sure it was causing issues with either my live or gallbladder, as I was vomiting green bile.

Comment from: Eastshield65-71on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 12

Although this medication worked well for my arthritis and was seemingly tolerable because of the Nexium in the formula, after 6 months it caused severe and irreparable damage to the lining of my stomach. I ended up being hospitalized and was diagnosed with chronic, permanent microscopic colitis. I will have this condition for the rest of my life. If I could sue the manufacturer of this drug, I would.

Related Reading: arthritis | nexium | microscopic colitis

Comment from: RazzleDeb55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 09

Massive diarrhea and stomach pain. Affected my appetite. Had to stop treatment after a month

Comment from: MamaDee55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 20

Worked great until I developed diarrhea!!!!

Comment from: Mppadilla345-54on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: April 17

I started taking Vimovo due to ulcers i develpoed from Naproxin. Been on it for over a year. It wasnt till I stopped that I noticed my severe agitation stopped too. I had horrible mood swings. Yes it worked for my Fibro and multiple back issues but made me miserable in other ways. Not to mention I still had ulcers.

Related Reading: vimovo

Comment from: SchefflerHusker45-54on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: January 12

I started taking Vimovo 6 months ago and was taking 500 mg twice a day. It really did make a difference in my knees, but then I noticed that I was having a lot of stomach pain, constipation and not sleeping great. My doctor took me down to 1 a day and my knee went back to hurting like crazy. I decided to try 2 a day again and now I am having terrible stomach issues. I'm frustrated. At 50, I am not ready to have my knees replaced. I have lost 70 pounds and am trying to work out, but finding it impossible w/my knee pain. I just want something that will relief the knee pain for at least 10 years. UGH

Related Reading: vimovo | constipation | knee pain

Comment from: Kcc55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 02

Vimovo is a bit scary to me, but it has been very helpful. Naproxen is known to raise bp and risk of stroke, while the proton pump inhibitor may raise issues with kidney function. However, I was gulping 1500 mg of aspirin OR 600 of naproxen per day anyway. That's scary, too. I found out that Vimovo has a long lasting effect for me. It keeps me relatively free of pain for 3 days. So, I take an a.m/p.m./a.m. dose and then run for 3 days without anything. Nothing. Just my own observations. Hope I haven't increased any side effects risks.

Related Reading: vimovo | naproxen | stroke