Vimpat

Comment from: fmon Treatment for 1-2 years Published: November 20

HATE this drug. gained 20 lbs, depressed, miserable. dizzy, spinning sensation, hard to walk and see sometimes. libido gone, this is awful

Comment from: Cr910725-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 24

It help better control seizures. It created low BP. I can't think freely. I'm not able to live anymore. Too busy trying to remember thing. Or not able observe and be part of environment. I'd rather have seizures, than be on this medication.

Comment from: mkdeli45-54on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: January 09

Some days I'm fine, other days I get severely dizzy, severe vomiting, stumble and can hardly walk a straight line, trouble finding words/expressing myself. Doctor related it to blood sugar issues but I can't find a constant connection. I continue to have episodes but no more than previous.u.

Comment from: bhanson55-64on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: January 06

I had auras for about a year, but no migraines. I had a grand mal seizure and was prescribed Vimpat 2x a day. Auras are gone and no side effects. I actually sleep better and lost some weight but that might be because I stopped driving and walk more. I missed one dose and had my first aura in months so I guess the stuff really works for me.

Related Reading: seizure | vimpat

Comment from: Robert 65-71on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: August 21

I am taking 400mg of VimPat daily along with Lamital (600 mg daily). When first being put on VimPat (replacing Tegretol) approximately 3 years ago I experience dizziness and loss of balance very often but improved over time. The issue I have now is I cannot sleep more than two to four hours a night and the dizziness and loss of balance has returned plus feeling miserable all day. The doctor put me on Briviatt (100 mg daily) along with Lamictal and VimPat but conditions have gotten worse. I am going to ask the doctor if he can cut the dosage down of either Lamictal or VimPat and no longer take Briviatt. Hopefully the doctor will do such. As for VimPat I am still skeptical as the doctor increases or lowers dosage but still encounter side affects. I am retiring soon and will have less stress in my life. Hopefully, this will help.

Related Reading: vimpat | tegretol | dizziness

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: April 04

Comment from: David35-44 Published: January 11

I've been on this drug for a little over a year. For most part had stopped seizures, yet I had a seizure last week. I still get aura's, and I feel like I have early onset Alzheimer's. I forget people's names, and these are people I've been working with for 3+ years, the shakes we're really bad at first, but still don't have the steady hand I used to have. I do stumble more, I have to think hard to choose my words when speaking sometimes. And the weird one, that I haven't found anyone else to have is the sensitivity to temperature, particularly the heat. I used to love the hot humid summers of SE Virginia, now they drive me crazy, I don't sweat like I used to, I over heat. My salt intake in the summer months is so high (to helpe retain water and hopefully break that sweat, once I do, WOW I'm good), my blood pressure is rising. I compensate by cutting back in salt in cooler months. Overall I just don't feel right, I'm not myself, not as sharp.

Related Reading: seizure

Comment from: 65-71on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: May 22

Was taking 1000mg twice a day of Keppra. Had bad side affects. Starting taking Vimpat to reduce my Keppra intake to minimize depression and hangovers each morning

Related Reading: keppra | vimpat | depression

Comment from: Lavonne35-44on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: June 15

I use this medication to help prevent my migraines. I kept a log of my migraines for a while to see what was going on and what did or didn't help.I can honestly say that Vimpat has been a game changer for me. I went from 10-17 migraine days a month to none. That's right, I said none.... as in zero.Thank you will never be enough in my opinion. Vimpat works well with my other medications so that's a bonus. I'm very sensitive to medications and have had hospital stays due to side effects. The only effect I have had is NO migraines!! Insurance is the only pain I have had.

Related Reading: vimpat