Viracept

Comment from: Michael45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 31

The action of this medication can be somewhat spectacular so for the first time you take it and until you have a good idea of how it will affect you, plan things so that you will have immediate access to a bathroom for the next six hours give or take. It can seem like nothing at all is happening and then suddenly you need to go *RIGHT NOW* and it may feel as if the entire contents of your bowels empty out in one long mad rush. For others the action is much more gentle and patient is left wondering what all the fuss is about? I do know that the next time I have a need to buy it I will look for a flavored formulation because the one I bought tasted like liquid cardboard.

Comment from: stormienj45-54on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: May 09

This supplement has gotten me off chemical anti-depressants and has literally no side affects. They love to scare us to talking about how little supplements are studies - well study them! Naw that's not happening with the big phara's running the show. This has been a life saver! I take 2 at bedtime, sleep like a never before, wake rested and happy. No more depression and no more restless sleep! Obviously my body doesn't have enough of what's needed to keep my serotonin levels where they should be but this supplement does it for you. No need to take 5HTP or Melatonin - Tryptophan turns into 5 HTP and then Melatonin without the cardiac concerns related to the quick increase with 5 HTP. Read up - this is the way to go!

Related Reading: depression | melatonin

Comment from: Dan198825-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 29

Took 1000 mg three times a day, mornings, afternoon, and just before bed. It is important to note that you should always take it on an empty stomach and not with other amino acid supplements as this will reduce absorption. I have never slept better and felt better in my entire life. My anxiety (which I had for over a decade) has finally lifted. I have never touched an antidepressant so cannot compare the effectiveness but if it works that well for me why wouldnâ??t it for you too? No wonder they donâ??t rave about it- itâ??s just too cheap and too effective for big pharma to make millions out of it lol. Please watch out for serotonin syndrome though, I am not a doc but I know someone who had a bad reaction take this with his SSRI. I cannot find it on the list but I used the Best naturals L-Tryptophan 500 mg tablets.

Related Reading: anxiety | l-tryptophan

Comment from: workitlove_25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 01

i had surgery 4 days ago and have been on pain medicine every 4 hours which causes constipation. i was worried when the constipation made my stomach hurt badly and made it big and hard. its been 5 days since I last moved my bowels and no bought thus this morning and within 3 hours i had my bowels moving no cramps no straining no lightheadedness or nausea like other laxatives cause. i know everyone reacts differently to meds but I ate a lot of food had a lot of pain medicine and little water and this product was still very gentle on my stomach body and bowels and relieved the constipation without causing me discomfort. You just need to make sure when the urge finally comes to go just make sure you go and everything works out comfortably no diarrhea no pain and no straining.

Related Reading: constipation | diarrhea

Comment from: Alex25-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 14

Taking 500mg of L-Tryptophan seems to improve symptoms of seasonal affective disorder but does not seam to have any effect on major depression. Take at bedtime as this product causes mild drowsiness.

Comment from: Proofreader55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 07

The writer of this article made an error. Vitamin B-6 is not niacinamide. It's pyridoxine. ...Vitamin B-3 is niacinamide.

Related Reading: pyridoxine

Comment from: M25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 01

Took at 9 am hoping to move bowels the same day, after days of horrible constipation and bloating. MoM claims it works within 6 hours, but nothing happened. I took another dose at bedtime, still without any movement. The following morning I have awful diarrhea. It's so bad it gave me an anal fissure and I've been taking Imodium and putting on lidocaine to ease the pain. Ridiculous to go from one extreme to the other. Yes I should not have taken a second dose, but thought it would be fine since it did not work at all after 14 hours, and supposedly you can take this daily. I thought this would just quicken transit time, but no, it stayed it my gut, mushed everything to liquid, and gave me the worst diarrhea ever. Never taking again!

Related Reading: constipation | diarrhea | anal fissure

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 01

Comment from: 75 or overon Treatment for 5-10 years Published: February 11

I developed a severe rash after a few nights after taking optimized Tryptophan Plus.

A Timeline of the HIV/AIDS Pandemic See Slideshow