Viread

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 22

Related Reading: viread

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 31

only been taking for one month , seem to get cold real easy. can i take a liver care alternative medication at same time. Ihave stablized sorrosis also. i have rashes also

Related Reading: liver

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 05

Have been at undetectable for over 5 years taking this drug. Makes me itch, hives of some nature on my scalp but otherwise no noticeable side effects. It works.

Related Reading: itch | hives

Comment from: richie, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 18

have been taking viread 300mg. for just under 2 years. viral load undectable side effects cold hands and feet, crazy dreams and trouble sleeping sometimes short of breath. Overall satisified, it controled the virus. Load was 10million

Related Reading: viread

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 23

took it 4 years total with one 6 month interruption. Powerful but potentially very dangerous: After 1 year I had HIP JOINT problems and they got worse, not better. I am someone who is used to work out hard. The injuries did not heal even so I changed my workout to very light and gentle. Now that I am off VIREAD there is slow healing. Also I got strong HEART PALPITATIONS: after 3 years of use I began using more ASPIRIN AND ALLEVE!! not knowing that it would increase VIREAD blood levels.Doctors don't tell you that stuff! I also took NORVIR which also increases VIREAD LEVELS! Next: DEHYDRATION (Kidney/Electrolyte Connection)from sports competitions finally send me over the edge and I knew if I do not stop VIREAD something bad is going to happen. The PALPITATIONS have also gone away now. VIREAD is a good drug if you do not use it too many years, stay well hydrated,use no anti-inflammatory meds...

Related Reading: viread | palpitations | aspirin

Comment from: DLR, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 28

I started taking Viread after an Interferon treatment. It;s definitely easier to take than Intron A, but I notice I have a poor appetite, and my joints seem to pop all the time. I am also afraid to have a baby while on this medicine, because there isn't enough information about pregnancy while on Viread.

Related Reading: intron a | pregnancy

Comment from: leetown, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 03

i have been on Viread for a little over 5 years, in combination with Ziagen and Sustiva. the side effects for me are tolerable, i have mild lipodystrophy around the waist, high tryclicerides, low good cholesterol and high bad cholesteral; but my virus is undetectible and i take Omega3 vitamins to help control my tryclicerides and cholesteral. being undetectible to me is more important.

Related Reading: ziagen | sustiva | lipodystrophy

Comment from: David Gray, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 18

I am very satisfied with the generic Viread bought from bonhoa.com. I have a chronic Hepatitis B infection and my HBV-DNA was 103.000.000 in last June. Since almost 9 months I am using Viread and the virus level dropped down to only 20.

Related Reading: hepatitis

Comment from: Frankly, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 09

I've taken this drug for just over 2 months, I started to experience some vomiting after taking the drug, slight nausea. Sometimes find it hard to sleep until I'm completely exhausted. Still active with sports. So far so good. Viral count dropped from 14million to 163IU/mL. Not sure about the measuring units, would do some more research after.

Comment from: kalidasbhaisaab, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 02

Have been using this drug for 2 years now. The virus level went from 2 Million to undetectable within first 3 months. But now I feel very thirsty all the time and bone pain in knees, weakness and heavy breathing all the time. I have tried not using the pill some days, like skipping one day a week, but not sure if that would be helpful. I also feel that my bones are not as strong as they used to be. I am 38 years old male.

Comment from: Cortsch, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 16

Have chronic hep b. Been on vi read a year plus. Viral load from 2 million to undetectable. No sides but vitamin d low end of normal. So taking D to get level up. Also just had a melanoma and much evidence the good levels of D fight more of that occurring. Am very pleased with results except those on my pocketbook

Related Reading: vitamin d | melanoma

Comment from: Steve, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 09

I have had horrible headaches, leg pain tired weak and liver pain plus recently a Dr told me i have a swollen spleen? I was told my blood tests after one year have gone from the millions in count to hundreds yet i feel worse than ever? I am searching to see the "what if's to just stopping" but cannot find that Not sure benefits outweigh the bad side effects

Related Reading: liver

Comment from: BZ, 55-64 (Patient) Published: April 24

Start taking Viread 300mg daily since liver transplant (6/2010). Chronic Hep B became liver cancer. Minor side effects include heart palpitations (occasionally), cold hands/feet, and diarrhea (sometimes). It works for me. Very thankful.

Related Reading: viread | liver cancer | palpitations

Comment from: Orange, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 22

Daily Side Effects: Low grade fever (99-101), muscle & body aches, dizzy-feeling, nausea, nightmares, night sweats, lower right quadrant abdominal pain, moderate to severe headaches.

Related Reading: fever | nightmares | night sweats

Comment from: livermore, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 09

1990 positive for Chronic Hbv, started double-blind study for new drug, turned out to be Hepsera, but viral load skyrocketed after completion. Started Viread and lamivudine, then switched to Viread 300mg and Baraclude (1mg, then .5mg). Viral load undetectable and liver tests somewhat normal for over 7 years.

Related Reading: hepsera | baraclude

Comment from: Bee, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 21

I have same question with another patient: "I been taken Viread for one years, its undetectable, can any one tell me, what happen if I stop taking this medication? or how long do I have to take, my doctor said I have to take it for the rest of my life, is this true ?" Please help!

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 08

No side effects. Undetectable in just 3 months. I feel great other than a dull pain in my right side on rare occasions.

QUESTION

What is HIV? See Answer
Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 19

I have taken for 3 years, viread oral 300 mg daily for chronic hep B. viral count result is undetectable. problem are sleeping, chronic rhinitis, and lipodystrophy, upper arm and buttocks.

Related Reading: viread | lipodystrophy

Comment from: lou, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: May 16

The medication overall, is really good.

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 28

Works well. Few side effects!