Voltaren

Comment from: Lindy12206SoudertonPA, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 28

I loved, loved, loved this one little pill. I could not believe the mobility and relief it gave me. I started taking in 97. Two years ago my Rhuematologist warned me and mentioned he had taken all his patients off Voltaren and would no longer subscribe for me. He said it was deadly. I didnt buy into his scare tactics. I contined to take through my family doctor saying nothing. Last year I started with very strange and overwhelming, scary symptoms. Weakness starting in my legs, over taking my entire body. I could feel it moving from lower body on up to finger tips. Over several months it happened more frequently and seemed to get worse. Last time it happened I took my PB and it was 210/110. I was advised to go to ER. After a couple days it occurred to me to stop the voltaren. The episodes of severe weakness stopped completely and have not occurred again. I now know it was the drug. I really miss taking it but the risk over benefit was no longer an option.

Related Reading: voltaren

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 15

I am a 42 year old male and have been taking Voltaren for about 8 months now. I have severe osteo arthritis of the hips. This drug has worked excellent for me with no side effects! This drug takes full effect within about 6 hours for me with full pain relief. I do not limp when this drug is in full effect. I take this medication about every 2-3 days for pain relief. I find that 1 pill will provide relief for about 1-1/2 days, and then the pain returns. I highly recommend this drug!

Related Reading: arthritis

Comment from: yrp78, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: July 04

I was barely able to walk for the pain in my ankles. Went to the doctor, he looked at my swollen ankles and said "looks like bursitis" and prescribed Voltaren. The next day was much better and by the third day I was pain free. I had considered taking medical disability retirement the pain was so dibilitating. That was 13 years ago and I can still function thanks to this medicine. Thank you whoever the manufacturer might be.

Related Reading: bursitis

Comment from: Kat, 45-54 (Patient) Published: March 31

Condition: Arthritis in both hips due to Crohn's. I have been taking Voltaren for over three years. Most days it helps GREAT!!! Some days, eh, not so good. LOL - That's because I sometimes over due activities on the days when I am pain-free. Hey, when no pain, you feel more alive and you can now do the things you put off before :-) The only thing I recommend is to take this with food, preferably about 15-20 minutes after, as it can cause stomach upset.

Related Reading: arthritis

Comment from: deeder523, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 15

Within 2 days of full doses of this medication, I felt like a new person. My pain was gone and continues to be very manageable with this medication. I feel like a new, different and happy person again.

Comment from: Nic, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 13

I have Arthritis really bad in my arms and shoulder enough that it keeps me awake at night with continuous pain. Once I use the voltaren rub treatment, the pain goes away and I go back to sleep right away. I cannot believe the difference it does.

Related Reading: voltaren

Comment from: Phyddie44, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 01

I had awful pain in both feet and had gotten so it was almost unbearable to walk. My doctor started me out with on 75ml two times a day as needed. I felt relief within 3 days. I am now on 50ml two times daily as needed. Am happy to say it is under control, I rarely need to take the second one. I usually have problem with my stomach when I take an anti-inflammatory, but have had no problems it this medication. It is important to take it with food.

Published: June 10

I have found this medication very effective in banishing the pain of Degenerative Disc Disease and arthritis. Relief in minutes; no side effects evident.

Comment from: Weezie6452, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 19

I take 75mg twice a day for arthritis of the neck and lower back, worse in the neck. It is very effective and allows me to get on with my life, staying active and exercising. It has also been helpful with managing migraines.

Comment from: [email protected], 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 10

After 3 days I noticed a great improvment and a big reduction in pain. However, after 10 days, I experienced the worse heartburn I have ever had,thought it was a heart attack, and had an elevated blood pressure reading that sent me to the Dr's office. I am on blood pressure medication, but it has been under control, but this drug elevated it to an unsafe level,and I cannot continue the Voltaren. I am very disappointed as it almost eliminated all pain.

Related Reading: heartburn | heart attack | voltaren

Comment from: yoga queen, 75 or over on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 14

As a fitness instructor with a degenerative hip, Voltaren gave me my life back. I could arise in the morning free of pain, go up stairs, put on my socks and teach a Senior class every day, land and water. I could again go shopping and walk around a store.

Related Reading: fitness

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 20

This is a miracle drug!

Comment from: nangayle1, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 21

My doctor gave me Voltaren for arthritis in my elbows. I could hardly lift my arms upon arousing in the a.m. After only 4 days of taking this medication....I have no pain in my elbows. AND....I also have carple tunnel syndrome really bad in my hands. Now my hands are 90% pain free. I just cannot believe it!! Have not had any side effects thus far. Very satisfied!!

Related Reading: arthritis

Comment from: Carol, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 24

Have taken this Rx for several years and now my kidney function is bad - especially the BUN. I have been taken off and hopefully the kidney problem will improve. In retrospect I probably should not have been taking it for so long.

Comment from: brokenwing, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 19

I have very bad knees and have been advised to have knee replacements. The pain I have been suffering every day has been horrible. This is the only medication out of several tried that has given me any measurable relief - and no side effects as yet.

Comment from: [email protected], 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 04

I took celebrex for approx. 8 years. It just seemed not to work as well as it did. Also the price was very expesive. I paid $500.00 for a 90 day supply! That was with insurance. My ortho. MD put me on voltaren, I noted a change in my knee pain in the 1st week. Not to mention I can get a 30 day supply at walmart for $1 with my insurance!

Related Reading: celebrex | voltaren | knee pain

Comment from: torrietee, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 16

This was a "wonder-drug" for me. I was told totake it every day for approx. a month. However, being afraid to take something every day, I only took it for a week or so. This was all I needed.The pain in my knee(osteo-arthritis due to injury) was gone and didn't return for 10 months. I didn't have any side effects at all and this drug was just a miracle for me.My age at the time was 33.

Comment from: gunboatrider, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 06

Since I've started taking this drug, I have nearly no pain. If I forget to take my daily dose, I start to feel the pain returning and I instantly remember to take a pill. I have read about the side effects and luckily I haven't had any. I would highly reccomend this drug.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 22

I got so much relief with this drug! My pain doesn't completely go away;however,it works so much better than Celebrex did.

Related Reading: celebrex

Slideshow: Exercises for Knee Osteoarthritis and Joint Pain See Slideshow
Comment from: mbb, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 07

I have been taking it for months. Previous Naisds lost effectiveness. I have not had any bad side effects. I know it is helping because if I stop taking it I am in agony. Then it takes several days to get relief. I have had to stop taking it for a week in order to get steroid injections and I could hardly move when I had to stop taking it.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 09

Amazing how quickly it took my back pain away!

Comment from: athletic lady, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 29

Diclofenac (generic form of Voltaren) has worked very well for me. Less swelling and pain, thus less depression. Can exercise more without so much swelling & pain, thus can get stronger, improving strength, well being & depression.

Related Reading: diclofenac | voltaren | depression

Comment from: Jan, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 21

I've been taking this for arthritis and it works great. I very seldom have bad effects from any med. I get tremendous relief from this. Very satisfied with it.

Related Reading: arthritis

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 18

The worst heartburn I've ever had - and I have always had a bit of GERD. I had lower back surgery (herniated disc) a few years ago and Dr. put me on this to help control the associated swelling and general issues I seem to always have with my back. Works pretty good and better than narcotics.

Related Reading: heartburn | gerd | herniated disc

Comment from: rosemary1, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 15

My knee's hurt so much, I could not move much at all. Now the pain which was 99% is about 10% painful. I can walk so much easier. I have had pain for so long I don't know why someone didn't recommend this a long time ago. I asked the pharmacist and he said I bet volteran would work. I have took almost all naids and they systic one shots which didn't work!! I am so happy and pain free!! I still have to thank the pharmacist!! I don't why the doctor's are no caring and there were more than one?? It seemed my pain was not important but I just wanted to dye it hurt so bad. I couldn't sleep, walk for over a year and now I sleep and walk!! Wow, just a little effort and help from a pharmacist.