Voltaren XR

Comment from: prowler, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 16

Need to be careful who manufactures this generic drug. After twenty years of severe low back pain resulting from a car accident, this drug manufactured by "Watson", 100mg/day worked a miracle within three days. Finally complete pain relief most days for about 5 years. Then my drug plan found a cheaper manufacture "Actavis" and my severe pain came back within 2 weeks. I now have my doctor specify the drug manufactured by "Watson Only" and the pain disappeared within a few days of taking the prior drug. I now have my own direct proof that all generics do not necessarily respond the same or as the original name brand drug, "Voltaren".

Related Reading: voltaren

Comment from: Doobee, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 25

No Problem with this med!

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 23

Recently began taking this medicine for worsening wrist pain. The pain eased after the first day. Wish I would have talked to my doctor about this sooner. Could have avoided the pain I've had for the last 2 years.

Comment from: pg, on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 30

I use Volteren Gel 1% in addition to a brand name anti-inflamatory. Voltaren Gel is very effective used in areas that may need a little extra anti-inflamatory help. However, my insurance company suggested I try another drug similar to the name brand The perscribed med was diclofenac sodium ec which is generic for Voltaqren. Sorry to say that without the name brand anti-inflamaatory I have many areas that have become stiff and hurt. My left hand was under control & now it hurts to open & close my hand.

Related Reading: voltaren gel | diclofenac

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 11

I take this medication for my herniated discs, and it totally relieves all of my pain for the entire day with just one dose in the morning.

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: August 05

Have been on Voltaren for years. Recently, doctor took me off of it to see if it was causing leg/feet swelling. Swelling was not reduced but pain increased substantially. I'm back on Voltaren and pain has been reduced.

Comment from: Rosebud, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 20

have been taking Diclofenac (generic Voltaren) for 7 years. Great pain relief, no side effects. Have to discontinue for a week prior to surgery, and pain returns with a vengence. After surgery can resume treatment. Great drug....and cheap!

Related Reading: diclofenac

Comment from: keeks, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 18

this drug gave me my life back

Comment from: weathergirl, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 21

I have taken Voltaren for my plantar fasciitis pain. I am careful to take it on a full stomach and usually have no stomach upset. On the downside, I have noticed increased hot flashes when using this regularly for more than a few days. Although I do not like the risks associated with NSAIDS, this medicine worked to alleviate my foot pain when nothing else did.

Related Reading: plantar fasciitis | hot flashes | nsaids

Comment from: Straight8, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 27

Dramatic reduction in low back pain. This drug permitted me to resume the frequency and intensity of the love making, with my wife, to levels prior to my auto accident injuries. I'm now a happy man again!

Comment from: Donna3pt7ut, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: August 15

I had open heart surgery and was advised to stop taking it. I really have been suffering ever since. Any solutions?

Comment from: Wanderer, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 22

I use the generic Diclofenac XR. Recently had a motorcycle accident and broke my back. Initially after the accident I was taking Hydrocodone, but for obvious reasons needed to start a walking regimen and the pain in ankles and knees again surfaced. I went back on the Diclofenac and the pain in joints (not the back) went away. I now walk 3 miles a day.

Related Reading: diclofenac | hydrocodone

Comment from: lolap, 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 03

Voltarin?? checking out this med/not taking it yet. Have DVT taking Coumadin. Can I still try this? couldn't get to you without answering the 3 ?s. Answers false

Related Reading: dvt | coumadin

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 20

Often feel nauseous.. however relieved with eating, or drinking milk. Has releived the arthritis pain im=n my cervical area almost completely.

Related Reading: arthritis

Comment from: mara31, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 12

Doc said take for 3 weeks, if it helps take as needed. When I forgot to take it one night, I felt it the next day. Started taking it in the morning instead of at night, and have had lots of stomach pain ever since. Going to wait a few days and see what happens, but my knee sure hurts without it.

Comment from: shereeberry, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 11

Started taking this med for heel spurs and it actually helped my RA in my hips!! The reason I know this, is I stopped using it after a month of taking it and started to experience excruiating pains in my hips. being very difficult to walk. I started up with it today and after one dose I already can feel the difference.. Hopefully I'll be able to take this med for my RA.. As for my heel spur, I think I'll always have a problem with them, As i am a cashier and am on my feet 8hrs. a day...

Related Reading: heel spurs

Comment from: KDR, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 21

I was experiencing painful plantar Fasciitis. This is the only thing that helped -- and totally!

Related Reading: plantar fasciitis

Comment from: gmakaren, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 17

I am hoping to come off of this med by using supplements. Supplements have taken my knee pain away completely. My main concern now is morning stiffness. I have ringing in the ears which is a possible side effect of this med. I have received pain relief using this drug.

Related Reading: knee pain

Comment from: y55nge, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: August 08

releaved pain well

Comment from: Papa_bear56, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 22

This is a wonder drug! This is among the $4.00 drugs at any drug store and as an anti inflamatory, you cannot beat it! I was on this drug for over four years, and no problems. The doc took me off it when I was put on coumadin to prevent a major bleed out, and my pain is at a level 9 now! Horrible pain. I will be going off coumadin to go back on Volaren permanently.

Related Reading: coumadin

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 09

After being on the medication for 4-5 daysI developed Acid reflux, then in the morning have had several bouts of diahrea.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 11

The only time I am not in pain is when I take a voltaren every evening with dinner. It keeps me feeling good enough to do regular household chores comfortably. It is a big help.

Related Reading: voltaren

Comment from: [email protected], 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 17

I am trying to find out if Voltaren has a lot of aspirin in it. If it does I cannot take it because I am allergic to aspirin. My caregiver knows that.

Related Reading: voltaren | aspirin

Comment from: kidsgranna, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 03

Diclofenac..Given to me for the pain of Osteoarthritis and parkinson's, eases my pain, taken in conjunction with Ultram, BUT, it causes extreme pressure in my chest cavity.. I've experimented with it, and will stop taking it until further discussions with my doctor. I have taken it for a couple of year so I may have built up an intolerance to it..

Related Reading: diclofenac | osteoarthritis | ultram

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 08

I take this drug for severe knee pain! After Bextra was recalled I could not find anything to allow me to live my life. Then my doctor suggested that I try Voltaren, and I was able to resume a normal life!

Related Reading: knee pain | bextra