Votrient

Comment from: kenneth Brown55-64on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: December 31

When I started I was on 800mg but my liver was effected too much so we dropped to 400 which was tolerable. At one point we decided to go to 600 which caused serious diarrhea. Has anyone had good results at the 400mg dose? My recent PET/CT showed previous tumors in check but 1 small new spot. I have been on Votrient for 8 mths.

Related Reading: liver | diarrhea | votrient

Comment from: Rockcliff65-71on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 29

I was diagnosed with renal cancer in December 2015 and had my right kidney removed in January 2016. My Oncologist had me undergo a CT scan every 2 months. In August 2016 tumors in my lungs and lymph nodes showed significant growth. A biopsy of several lymph nodes revealed renal cell cancer and I started taking 800 mg/day of Votrient in September. After 3 months, I just completed my first CT scan and virtually all of the tumors from the previous scan had reduced in size, some as much as 50%. I had difficulty adjusting to the Votrient initially as I take Prilosec for acid reflux and my Oncologist told me I could only take a dose in the morning if I take the Votrient at night. I have been able to control the acid reflux by drinking concentrated Aloe Vera juice before bed time and purchasing a mechanical bed that allows me to sleep very comfortably with my head up about 30 degrees. At one point my sodium got dangerously low and I was hospitalized for 3 days. They had me reduce my water intake to 1.5 liters per day and this seems to have solved the sodium problem. Now my biggest issue is neuropathy on the bottoms of my feet. New more comfortable shoes, Capsaicin cream, and Merino wool socks have helped solve the problem. My blood pressure increased initially, and I had never had blood pressure issues. However, I have been able to return to working out – core exercises with a lot of repetitions and moderate weights with many repetitions- 3 times a week. The result is that I am feeling stronger, have less fatigue, and my blood pressure has returned to normal. I am extremely pleased with the results I am experiencing with Votrient after my body became used to it and I made the concessions to reduce the side effects.

Related Reading: cancer | kidney | votrient

Comment from: Stoop55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 10

Almost constant pain, nausea, fatigue, bruising, gum and teeth problems, GI issues. I've been on for about 4 months and scans a month ago showed 25% shrinkage of all lymph nodes that were effected. So I guess it's working.

Related Reading: fatigue

Comment from: RobT45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 08

I was diagnosed with Renal Cell Carcinoma in Dec. 2017, I had my left kidney, adrenal gland, and spleen removed in Jan. 2018. Lung scans showed enlarged lymph nodes, but when biopsied turned out they were Sarcoidosis with no malignancies. Due to the size of my tumor and itâ??s characteristics they started me on Votrient 600mg. Itâ??s been 2 months, I have some joint pain in my hips and knees, no diarrhea, some hair thinning. I go in for my 3 month Scan next week I pray for the best. Other side effects are a mediciney smell in my hands I notice sometimes. Overall Iâ??ve tolerated this drug well.

Related Reading: kidney | sarcoidosis | votrient

Comment from: Stephen Harwell55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: August 14

I took 800 mg for my RCC for 2 months. I can not afford it, then my doctor recommend me to buy from bonhoa.com which price is only 8% of US package but is also brand one from India. All signs of my stage 4 RCC are now gone. Votrient was a rough ride but in the end it worked beautifully. Praying I can stay cancer free forever more

Related Reading: votrient | cancer

Comment from: Willy Dysea 65-71on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: August 14

On Votrient since 2018 after Sutent. I bought the India package which the price is only 8% of US package. Results were good. After six months - no sign of metastasis and have been in remission since 2019. Votient had the effect of high blood pressure which was mitigated by Procardia. As of late, have lost weight and am having some digestive issues

Related Reading: votrient | sutent | high blood pressure

Comment from: 65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 25

I have had a very poor experience. Could only tolerate 7 doses, and it is taking me several days to recover. Still haven't. Mouth sores, hypertension, diarrhea, muscle and joint pain, loss of taste.

Related Reading: diarrhea