Vyvanse

Comment from: 13-18 Transgender 2 to less than 5 years Caregiver Published: October 05

I'm 13 and this drug is so bad I can't even talk to my friends I've lost like all of them I can't even laugh anymore so this drug takes over how you socialice but I have to take it because my parents said so and they don't understand so don't take this dog crap drug!!!

Comment from: WTF 13-18 Transgender 10 years or more Caregiver Published: September 30

WTF WTF WHY DOES VYVANCE change in sexual ability/interest I TAKE THIS EVRYDAY

Comment from: Matthew 19-24 Transgender less than 1 month Caregiver Published: May 24

I was diagnosed with add without hyperactivity as a child and started to take medications as an adult, starting at 20 years old. I was on strattera for about 2 years before I realised I was only getting the bad side effects such as shivering, increased heart rate, and urinary problems, without any benefit to me. Recently I started vyvanse and within the first week I was awake for 3 days continuously, without feeling the desire to sleep. I was tired and couldn't focus during that time because my body had never been working so long without rest and I didn't expect that, so I was not productive but after resetting my sleeping routine and taking it in the morning I feel the ability to focus and my head is much clearer. I have had no side effects apart from the sleep at the beginning and I don't feel like I am taking hard drugs which is nice.

Related Reading: strattera | vyvanse

Comment from: Mamabear18 25-34 Transgender 2 to less than 5 years Caregiver Published: April 22

I have add real bad im a sahm also I've in the past had a problem with food. Im 26 bit Vyvanse has helped me take care of my home my daughter and be a wife and mother, yes side effects are insomnia but I asked to be prescribed kolonopin for the racing thoughts and it helped at night after Vyvanse wore off. I was recently off for a horrid manic episode, one like no other I had before, back on now and I am so happy also I have been to maintain a healthy weight and not binge eat and do my duties as a mother also another thing Poopong! If you noticed problems with that try waiting till your first bowel or w.e then take your Vyvanse is what I recommend ?? being a mom now really not embarrassed to share that ??

Related Reading: vyvanse | insomnia

Comment from: Aleise 19-24 Transgender less than 1 month Caregiver Published: April 20

This has helped me immensely in the past, I was on the highest dose of Vyvanse (70mg) for 3 years and it worked the best for me. the downside is that it does make you lose quite a bit of weight, which can make your loved ones worry. i’m currently on 30mg vyvanse and have been on it for 2 weeks and have lost over 4 pounds. there are a lot of bathroom related side effects which aren’t fun, but they’re manageable. i don’t feel nauseous if i don’t eat with my pill though. This pill also doesn’t seem to keep me up at night either, but that may differ with every person.

Comment from: Sara 19-24 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: April 13

I've been on it for only 4 days and it has already made a huge difference. I can finally focus and do things i enjoy without getting bored easily or daydream. It has also helped with my tiredness throughout the day.

Comment from: 25-34 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: April 09

I am a 28 year old female that is overweight (BMI~40) and was put on 10 mg for a month and then upped to 30mg 1xday. I was on this med for a total of 3 months. My main reason was to help with binge eating and aid with weight loss. I have maybe lost ~15lbs in those 3 months. Although it has helped with weight loss, the side effects were terrible for me! First, I felt SO much anxiety with this medication (I would have to talk myself down from having attacks) and I would feel like my heart was doing funny things and felt like a "doom" feeling like I was waiting for something bad to happen. My emotions were up and down ALL the time, I would often cry at night and be SO irritable with my partner during the time taking the meds (he told me he could tell a difference.) I would often still binge eat at night. Although my emotions were everywhere, I could tell I was isolating and not being as social at work and felt awkward when interacting with others (I have never felt this way before.) Overall, it has helped me lose weight but the feeling of this pill taking over everything else in my life has made me stop it and start taking eating healthy and daily exercise seriously. Not for me at all, I wish it didn't have so many negative effects on my emotional wellbeing.

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: Phillip 13-18 Male 2 to less than 5 years Patient Published: March 08

I lost tons weight I was severely underdeveloped which made me very insecure I started to take this medication in second grade I got off of it in sixth grade when I got off of it everything was good I was talking to people I didn’t have any more selective mutism hi didn’t feel insecure I didn’t feel shy until two months later I started getting depressed I started having psychosis symptoms and I had severe anxiety I highly suggest not to take this medication as we believe this medication has caused Mental health problems for me

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: Meta 13-18 Male 5 to less than 10 years Patient Published: September 21

Story: I had taken 20MGs Vyvanse as a kid for ADHD, it worked great and soon I was the smartest kid in my whole class, eventually it just stopped working around middle school so I stopped taking it, and my grades went back down to being barely passing. Sophomore year in Highschool, I decided to try it again because I was failing all my classes because I could never stay focused in class, I asked my Dad to start taking it again and he let me start taking it, immediately all of my E's turned into A's and B's and I finished off the year with my lowest grade being a B-, the year after it wasn't as effective but I also started taking AP Classes at the time, but I could feel myself getting more sidetracked as time went on, I had a girlfriend at the time whom I loved very much and also loved me so, Vyvanse changed my personality a lot. I wouldn't have much emotion if it wasn't related to what I was doing and started to get in tons of fights with my girlfriend over petty stuff, I was obsessed with winning arguments, or anything just for the sake of winning, I would also fight with my parents too, with my girlfriend I was obsessed with sex, being right, and in general I would just be angry all the time, it would hit its peak when the "crash" would happen in the afternoon, eventually due to my abuse she left me and I completely fell apart and stopped taking it so I wouldn't hurt anyone like that ever again, and to this day since I stopped taking it I have never been happy, I am not sure if the Vyvanse is to blame but it's just oddly coincidental. I recently started taking it again due to the whole COVID scare, and being confused what's going on and I am very scared of hurting the ones I love. Pros: An IMMENSE improvement in grade performance, better at multitasking. Cons: Increased Sex Drive, Increased Anxiety, Increased Anger, Loss in Appetite, Dependency, Hurts Relationships, Constipation, Elevated Heart Rate, Bipolar like feelings.

Related Reading: vyvanse | anxiety | constipation

Comment from: James 19-24 Male 10 years or more Patient Published: September 13

Vyvanse has been incredibly helpful to me in staying focused and it really Helps me buckle down when I have things I don’t want to do. Procrastinating isn’t really a thing whenever I take it. Only downside is When you start taking it you have to learn how to for yourself to eat. Loss of appetite is the only downside.

Related Reading: vyvanse

Comment from: Kelandkids 55-64 Female 5 to less than 10 years Caregiver Published: February 21

My daughter and son, ages 10 and 8, were given this medication by their doctor after trying three other medications (one non-stimulant and two stimulants of a different brand.) It is absolutely amazing how quickly and effectively Vyvanse worked for my two kids. Good eye contact, good listening and following directions, a calm and quiet demeanor instead of loud, hyper, and defiant. They are now teenagers and still take this medicine daily. As long as they take it with food (breakfast) it does not bother them at all. I have recommended it to friends whose children have ADHD because we are so happy with it.

Comment from: Thomas 25-34 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: February 19

When it comes to Vyvanse I can say that it helps me as a person function in almost every way possible it helps me concentrate on things that I need to get done and it makes me feel like I'm able to accomplish more things in life which in return makes me feel happier and positive. I know that the drug was specifically made to help people with attention deficit disorders but I also think that a lot of doctors don't seem to yet understand all the desirable effects of the medication itself. I think there should be more research done on the desirable effects.

Related Reading: vyvanse

Comment from: Thomas 25-34 Female 6 months to less than 1 year Patient Published: February 19

When it comes to Vyvanse I can say that it helps me as a person function in almost every way possble it helps me concentrate on things that I need to get done and it makes me feel like I'm able to accomplish more things in life which in return makes me feel happier and positive. I know that the drug was specifically made to help people with attention deficit disorders but I also think that a lot of doctors don't seem to yet understand all the desirable effects of the medication itself.

Related Reading: vyvanse

Comment from: Jim Beam 35-44 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: December 08

It's been almost 2 months since I started taking Vyvance. I have never taken anything for my ADHD, I didn't know what was wrong with me until I had taken Mental Health when I went to college in 2009. This drug is a savior, it's working very well for me. If I would have taken something like this years ago, my life probably would have turned out a bit different. No regrets, here is to a prosperous future. :)

Related Reading: mental health

QUESTION

The abbreviated term ADHD denotes the condition commonly known as: See Answer
Comment from: jwilli 55-64 Female 6 months to less than 1 year Patient Published: November 20

I have been prescribed Vyvance over the last 10 months. The listed active ingredient lisdexafetamine dimesylate/prodrug doesn't have an immediate stimulant effect because it must bind with lysine in my system before it activates into amphetamine. This process sometimes takes an hour or two. So, it's not very helpful first thing in the morning. But once the stimulant activates I've found that it has helped me get motivated, organized and focused to stay on tasks to completion. This in turn helps me to feel better about myself and have a more positive attitude. The problem I've experienced however, is a distinct lack of consistency and efficacy from monthly prescription to prescription. Some monthly prescriptions of Vyvance feel much less robust, as though the stimulant is blunted by some different type of drug. These "other" non-stimulant effects are aggravating and exacerbate my ADHD symptoms, and have presented some harmful side-effects too!

Comment from: Kimfuselier73 45-54 Female 2 to less than 5 years Patient Published: November 20

Vyvanse has been great for me. Before Vyvanse, I took Adderall and that just didn't do well with me. I felt edgy and angry everyday. I couldn't live like that everyday and replaced it with Vyvanse and it has been a game changer for me. All positive results.

Related Reading: vyvanse | adderall

Comment from: lee 13-18 Female 2 to less than 5 years Patient Published: November 14

i'm currently writing this on a 30mg dose which is a bit higher than my ususal (20) so if i don't make sense here please forgive me. i've been on this medicine since i was 7 or so, and i havent noticed any problems until 7th grade (last year). i wasn't eating or drinking well, and i was constantly dizzy and moody. i eventually moved my dose down, but that didn't help too much (only with the dizziness). im usually fine on it, except i feel really empty and sad. when its wearing off, i feel moody and tired. so uh. make sure you all have the right prescriptions. and maybe prepare for these things before you take it. ~lee, a kinda inexperienced 13 year old writing this in the middle of social studies class :)

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: Claymont123 25-34 Male less than 1 month Patient Published: November 02

First week coundnt sleep, felt very wierd, 2 weeks later grinding my jaw don't wanna be around people moody I do not like it I am 32 and on 30 mg

Comment from: 45-54 Female 2 to less than 5 years Patient Published: October 16

53 yr old female, taking Vyvanse 30mg. Been taking it 2yrs. Some days it helps me focus and get things done and some does it doesnt. Im not liking the inconsistency. Also think that it is killing my emotions. Its very hard for me to feel good about anything. Most of the time i feel numb or i hate everything. I get very agitated, unsocial and to the point i dont like myself or life. Im going to talk to my dr about getting off it. Oh and it totally kills my desire for food. Nothing ever sounds good to eat.

Related Reading: vyvanse

Comment from: GN 45-54 Female 1 to less than 2 years Patient Published: August 08

I have been taking Vyvanse for almost a year now. 40 mg every morning. During this time I have lost almost 50 pounds (unintentionally)