Wellbutrin XL

Comment from: Marie 25-34 Transgender 6 months to less than 1 year Caregiver Published: September 28

I was not able to keep my temper at a controllable state, I was going zero to 100 and I sometimes would loose such bad control I would break things in my house and I would scream and yell. Now I have been taking this medication for over 6 months and i have found this gives me energy and focus. I am able to keep my mood swings to transition more easily. I can still cry and have emotion but it's not outrageous. I call this the miracle pill. If it wasn't for this miracle pill I would prob be on the verge of suicide because that's where I was before I started taking this prescription. I am not one to take any all these types of pills yo mask things but to be honest this pill I find just stabilizes my mood.

Related Reading: suicide

Comment from: Sasha Transgender 1 to 6 months Caregiver Published: September 26

Second month on this medication. Slightly less anxiety and depression. But many side effects: exhausting migraines, high blood pressure, blurry vision, dizziness, swollen face, irritability, hostile or suicidal mood. Doctor says that withdrawal symptoms are also very uncomfortable.

Related Reading: anxiety | depression | high blood pressure

Comment from: Kim 35-44 Transgender less than 1 month Caregiver Published: September 05

Today is day 5 on Wellbutrin XL 150 mg per day and I am miserable. I have the worst insomnia and my anxiety has also gotten worse! Has anyone quit cold turkey after only a few days and not had any withdrawal issues?

Related Reading: wellbutrin xl | insomnia | anxiety

Comment from: Noora 25-34 Transgender Caregiver Published: July 10

The medicine was so beneficial for me i took 150 mg and it really controls my depression mood and suicidal ideas. In addition, it helped me with my CBT as i was accepting the threapist questions and allow me to talk and talkā€¦ no side effects at all . I loss weight as it kind of decreased my eating appetite but it is good for my case because my previous medication increased my weight alot .

Related Reading: depression

Comment from: ABDULLAH 0-2 Transgender 10 years or more Caregiver Published: June 28

I am Abdullah from Saudi Arabia I used it to get rid of Captagon abuse and I was addicted for more than seven years I was suffering from depression before using drugs and got psychiatric treatment years ago. The doctor prescribed Prozac to me and I recovered from depression and OCD. After that, I lost my father and my mother in difficult circumstances and I am alone. I have no brothers or relatives around me. I fell into severe depression and deep seasonal and non-seasonal sadness. With the abuse and addiction of stimulants, the problems, depression, constant anxiety and the dire financial and social situation multiplied. I saw a doctor and he gave me wellbutrin XL 300 mg once daily , and after 45 days I started feeling a decrease in the desire to take Captagon, and I succeeded in getting rid of it completely, and after months I quit smoking I'm back in my life and I'm active and very happy and I plan to continue my university education and look for another place for a better life This drug is really great and changed my life I succeeded in getting rid of Captagon and amphetamines after a long suffering I succeeded in quitting smoking I don't feel the strong urge that I couldn't resist before and I collapsed in front of it

Related Reading: depression | treatment | prozac

Comment from: T.Nevillle 25-34 Transgender 1 to less than 2 years Caregiver Published: May 13

Started on 150mg Bupropion xl in March 2020. Three months ago I was bumped up to 300mg. I've felt like garbage since. My now extremely good blood pressure is high, my vision is worsening and I constantly have eye floaters, I always have a headache, constipation which is EXTREMELY dangerous as I have diverticular disease, I drop things constantly...oh and I'm still depressed. My doctor doesn't listen or return calls...so 3 days ago I made the decision to quit cold turkey. So far I'm doin alright.

Related Reading: headache | constipation

Comment from: david h 35-44 Transgender 1 to 6 months Caregiver Published: May 05

I have very mixed feelings on this medication. I have used SSRIs in the past and with those, there was a point where I felt absolutely nothing from the medication and then a moment came where they definitively begin to take effect. Wellbutrin was not like that at all. I believe it was having a positive effect for a week or two before I even realized it was happening. It certainly did make me feel a little better, but it was slow and much more mild than I would have liked. However, after about two months of use, I had to start taking a smaller dose because I had a consistent headache that wouldn't go away and my anxiety was out of control. After two months on the half dose, I ended up in the hospital with horrendous chest pain and a resting pulse of over 120. If you do begin this medication, do not ignore any whisper or suggestion of chest pain starting to form. I ignored the initial signs because I attributed it to too much pre-workout and continued taking the medication. Rookie mistake.

Related Reading: wellbutrin | headache | anxiety

Comment from: Lolotriesdrugz 35-44 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: February 13

I take the generic of Wellbutrin, Bupropion. It's...fine. I do think it's helping in some way, in that my highs and lows feel less awful. I'm still spending too many hours on the couch tho. But maybe being on it makes me feel less terrible about needing couch time? The positives: it DOES give me more energy. If I have terrible sleep, it's not as debilitating as it was before. And as I mentioned, it does take a bit of the edge off of the fluctuations. I don't quite know if it's helping, I just know I'm perhaps not as bad off as I was a few years, even months ago. It's also supposed to help with some ADHD symptoms. Not sure it's helped with that, though I'm not officially diagnosed with it - but I do have symptoms. It's kind of an 'eh' for me. I don't feel weird or not like myself. My libido feels good, I feel like 'me'. Weirdness: the start was rough for me. Like a baby hit of acid, and then the dryest mouth in the land. It passed. Some side effects I've had - that are temporary, thankfully - eyes ultra sensitive to light. That's gone away. Some minor hair loss. It's more an all-over shedding, and it was noticeable what was coming off on my comb. However this seems to have stopped. It's also common, according to other reviews. Last weirdness is: slightly to moderate tremor. But this has also ramped up with caffeine use. I'm going to have go off caffeine for a bit. Wellbutrin is a bit of a stimulant, so tons of coffee isn't a good idea. I actually, weirdly woudly recommend it, even with all that. I needed something, and the tiny bit of energy and slight regulation of my terrible past mood swings is helping me.

Related Reading: wellbutrin | hair loss

Comment from: 35-44 Female 2 to less than 5 years Patient Published: September 02

It’s given my life back as I’m functioning again and have been the past 3 years on it. I’ve had some side effects like memory issues (super bad at first but tapered off), sometimes my moods will dip super low but before it was like non stop depression. When I was on a dose too high I did become very angry. I still am somewhat short tempered but it’s good for me as before I was a push over. Oh and I’ve lost weight as I’m not eating as much. Some of the side effects suck but nothing is better than being able to function more often than not.

Related Reading: depression

Comment from: Meli 35-44 Female 2 to less than 5 years Patient Published: July 28

I don’t cry anymore. I just feel emotionless, which is good instead of dwelling.

Comment from: 13-18 Female 6 months to less than 1 year Patient Published: March 09

Since taking this my brain has been a lot calmer. I've been much more in control of my thoughts. I'm able to focus and work a lot better, and overall function more efficiently.

Comment from: 65-74 Female 2 to less than 5 years Patient Published: February 08

I was on both Wellbutrin 150mg and Cymbalta 30mg. Maybe in the beginning I thought it was working but honestly nothing has really changed. I still spend the majority staying home. Not getting much accomplished. My memory is worse and I've read antidepressants can cause early dementia. Has anyone else heard this? What has it been like to wean off the Wellbutrin? I've only started weaning off so far for 3 days and my head hurts and I feel awful.

Related Reading: wellbutrin | cymbalta | dementia

Comment from: Morgan 19-24 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: February 01

I have tried lots of different medicines but I still feel like I haven’t found the right one for me. I’m currently on 300 mg wellbutrin and I do think it’s helped I don’t feel that sad anymore but I don’t get happy or laugh and have fun it’s hard to hangout with my friends because they are all having a great time and I feel like i’m trying to have fun but i’m just sitting there not having a good time it’s really hard for me to try to have fun and laugh and be silly. I just want to enjoy life and be happy again.

Related Reading: wellbutrin

Learn to Spot Depression: Symptoms, Warning Signs, Medication See Slideshow
Comment from: Lulu 45-54 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: January 26

This has been a life saving drug for me! I wish I had found this 5 years ago.

Comment from: xluvx 25-34 Female 2 to less than 5 years Patient Published: December 15

I think this is the best anti depressant out there. It works fast, gives you energy, it's a great med. But also me having bipolar, if I'm not careful it can make me manic.

Comment from: Momof4 13-18 Female 1 to 6 months Caregiver Published: October 13

This medicine made my 13 year old daughter extremely aggressive. That was not like her at all! As soon as we realized it was a side effect of this med her psychiatrist took her off of it immediately.

Comment from: 55-64 Female Patient Published: October 03

After taking Paxil for 20 years and changing over to Welbutrin I can say that it has been a nightmare. I've been taking Welbutrin for 28 days and I feel worse than I have ever felt in my life. I will stick with it for the 6 weeks that my doctor has suggested I try, but this experience has been horrible. I'm fortunate in that I am retired and can take the time I need to concentrate on my mental health.

Related Reading: paxil | mental health

Comment from: 19-24 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: September 23

Caused suicidal thoughts and worse depression.

Related Reading: depression

Comment from: RINABABY84 25-34 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: August 29

I JUST STARTED ON THIS MED.. IM HIGHLY HOPEFUL THAT IT WORKS

Comment from: thankful 19-24 Female 2 to less than 5 years Patient Published: May 13

I have been taking 300mg of Bupropion XL (the generic form of Wellbutrin XL) for four years and I have to say this medicine has saved my life. Before I started Bupropion, I had had five depressive episodes in four years; I have not had a depressive episode since I began taking Bupropion four years ago. I can feel happy again and I can laugh. I am able to feel sadness, but it doesn't overwhelm me. I am not drowning in self-loathing anymore. I am myself again and I have been myself for four years. As far as negative side-effects are concerned, I will have a migraine if I accidentally skipped a dose the day before. It also took a while to kick in. The first two weeks were difficult because my brain would go "offline" in the afternoon and I wouldn't be able to do anything until my brain "restarted" later in the evening. This pattern lasted for a few weeks. The first month was pretty terrible, though there were glimmers that things were changing; I would feel less awful than usual for ten minutes every few days. The second month was a little better; I was able to feel happy for an entire hour one day and could generally enjoy things more. Week nine was when I had five whole good days where I could feel happy any time I wanted all day long. Week ten was when everything took off and I started feeling like myself again. Four years later, this medication still works for me. I have been able to get back on my feet and rebuild my life after my depression because the chemicals in my brain are working for me and not against me. I feel good. I can feel good whenever I want. I'm not held captive by depression anymore. Bupropion made all of that possible.

Related Reading: wellbutrin xl | drowning | depression