Xanax

Comment from: Laura T 45-54 Transgender less than 1 month Caregiver Published: June 12

Today is my first day taking Xanax. I have never had a anxiety/panic disorder until recently. I have been dealing with caring for my husband being terminal with cancer and being the only one working to pay the bills. Working long hours, caring for a sick husband and doing all of the daily chores around the house and farm has become extremely overwhelming. I was constantly feeling like I couldn't breath, feeling like I had life ending health issues and having that doom and gloom feeling like I was going to die ( literally ). I am on a as needed dose of just .05mg x2 per day. I am also on Escitalopram once daily. The Escitalopram really doesn't take away the panic and anxiety feeling. Taking the Xanax for the first time, after about 15 minutes I felt this wave of feeling like I had drank a hard alcohol drink, kind of like a foggy head, but it lasted only a minute and then I could feel a calming feeling. It kind of makes me feel sleepy and relaxed. Hopefully this medication with take away the horrifying feeling of doom and help me live a more normal life again. Got my fingers crossed.

Related Reading: xanax | anxiety | cancer

Comment from: Delia 35-44 Transgender 1 to less than 2 years Caregiver Published: May 29

Doesnt works well for me, I would't recommend this for anyone, Poison!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment from: Sarah 25-34 Transgender 1 to 6 months Caregiver Published: May 19

Works well for me, no side effects.

Comment from: Rocky 55-64 Transgender less than 1 month Caregiver Published: May 15

It help me sleep and helps my anxiety.

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: BSR 45-54 Transgender 2 to less than 5 years Caregiver Published: April 27

Awesome for anxiety issues.

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: James 45-54 Male 1 to less than 2 years Caregiver Published: February 18

Relaxes pains in muscles after hard days work and helps me wind down mentally

Comment from: ElPolloDiablo 45-54 Male 1 to less than 2 years Patient Published: January 11

.5mg makes me a little mellow. I don't know if I have some kind of metabolic issue, but when I swallow the pill it has almost no effect. I melt it under my tongue, which can be a tad gross if I don't hold it in place pretty tightly. Bad aftertaste, so I have to wash my mouth out with water afterwards. I've never had brand name, so I can't compare with generic. Friends and family report that I get a bit glassy-eyed and can slur my speech as if drunk. For all of that, it does help with going into social situations, which is what I have a lot of trouble with. It's not a long-term fix; mostly it's a point defense for a situational issue. It's a benzo, so be really careful with it.

Comment from: Mandie 25-34 Female 10 years or more Patient Published: December 27

I used this since I was 15 (now 34) to manage generalized anxiety which then turned into panic disorder and insomnia. FYI I don't recommend smoking weed while taking anti-depressants and xanax as that is what started my panic disorder. This drug did take away my symptoms, but has pretty unpleasant side effects if you don't slowly taper off (insomnia, shaking, panic, anxiety, agitation). I found that sometimes I would have worse anxiety when taking it regularly. I would almost be on high alert until the next dose. Also, this drug is very strong and you can accidentally kill yourself if you take too much, drink alcohol, or take other benzos with it, so it is so important you are careful! If you are a long-term user docs don't tell you that you can eventually develop dementia and have lower cognitive functioning due to this drug. I don't recommend anyone to start this drug as it is incredibly addictive and the side effects and dependence are not worth it.

Related Reading: anxiety | insomnia | smoking

Comment from: BB 55-64 Male 10 years or more Patient Published: November 03

Xanax has worked for me very well after trying countless other meds first because of a bad reputation that is not really true. I started Xanax in 1997 and It might not be for everyone, but it has worked for me well with talk therapy. It is not perfect, but close to it. I was on a high dose 6 mg per day and am down to 5mg now. I started with .25 three times a day and went to .5mg then 1mg and in 2009 ended at a total 6mg of 2mg bars per day and that is all i needed and never asked for more. I have raised my two girls had my own business and owned my own home. At this point in my life i would like to wean my self off slowly with the help of my Doctor and try cannabis and meditation. If you use cannabis and or drink and take Xanax think carefully about what your doing!!! What a long strange trip it's been. Peace

Comment from: BB 55-64 Male 10 years or more Patient Published: November 03

Comment from: 55-64 Female 1 to less than 2 years Patient Published: October 16

My PCP RX'd Xanax years ago for anxiety. I don't like taking medication (who does?) so only kept it handy if needed because my neurologist said it would work for my focal aware/psychic seizures. I started taking it on a regular basis this year due to increased anxiety. It works well. Take it at night because it will make you drowsy but will help you sleep. I'm on the lower dose. I had been on a higher dose but it wiped me out. NO side effects. Sometimes a little dizzy but they could also be attributed to the anxiety.

Related Reading: xanax | anxiety

Comment from: anthonysauro2 35-44 Male 1 to 6 months Patient Published: July 15

I am always nervous and stressed out and i cant sleep.

Comment from: Xanax 19-24 Male less than 1 month Patient Published: May 05

Helps me finally sit down & relax.

Comment from: 55-64 Female 2 to less than 5 years Patient Published: April 08

I am a hyper person, I like everything to be perfect, I am also OCD. Couple years ago I diagnosed with systemic mastocytosis blood disorder. It is a mast cell disease. This causes anxiety/fear when something goes majorly wrong. I take .5mg, in 20 minutes I feel back to normal. I don not abuse it, I take as needed. Great Medication

Comment from: steve 65-74 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: January 25

I don't want to bad mouth this drug just on my experience, but I think it is best used for panic attacks not on a daily basis. I was on 2 mg tid for over a month. By the end of that month, my anxiety would get horrible before it was time for the next pill. I quit cold turkey (probably a bad idea). I went through 2 days of hell with no sleep and stomach pains. After that it took another two weeks before I felt free of the drug. Since this time (40 years ago), I have been prescribed lorazepam sometimes as needed, sometimes for up to 3 months. I never crave more and have had no problem terminating the lorazepam when I felt I no longer needed it.

Related Reading: panic attacks | anxiety

Comment from: Freshlyzz 13-18 Male 2 to less than 5 years Patient Published: January 11

ive been on lexapro before this and this has worked for me

Related Reading: lexapro

Comment from: Dave 19-24 Female 1 to less than 2 years Patient Published: January 10

Was on xanax for almost a year and now I'm on clonazepam. I have severe sleep paralysis and insomnia aswell as anxiety. Xanax helped for a while but the clonazepam does a way better job. Probably because it's the best tranquilizer/benzo.

Related Reading: xanax | sleep paralysis | insomnia

Comment from: josh pagan 35-44 Female 6 months to less than 1 year Patient Published: December 26

I have recently been having chronic trouble sleeping for some time this has caused me much trouble in my life I contacted my doctor about it he gave me medicine but this those not work as I want it only elapse for some hours, I have been looking for help to my situation my doctor is too far from where I am difficulties to meet with him this problem has caused me a lot from my job and my life few weeks ago a was passing by when I explain to him he directed me to one online pharmacy that he always gets his product there I was skeptical about this because I don't like buying online but I had no choice since is medicine and this is my good friend he can't lie to me.i trusted my friend but I was curious about. I decided to give a try to this pharmacy.by the help of my friend thru their links I contacted them and placed a little order to see if they have good Xanax being prescribed by my doctor, unfortunately, I was delivered even though it was delayed according to delivery agency they use onlinephamadrugs.org has to help me with their medicine and I feel better now I can good this drug is the best, I decided to share my experience with others about this pharmacy and drugs .onlinephamadrugs.org can help as I was helped by someone same too? thank you.

QUESTION

Panic attacks are repeated attacks of fear that can last for several minutes. See Answer
Comment from: Tammy.brantley05 35-44 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: December 26

Starting the beginning of this year after having my daughter Brook in last December. I started having body issues due to chronic pain and I got it checked that I found out I have fibromyalgia and a couple other arthritis. And being on xanax I have found to keep me more at ease with my pain and am able to do more stuff that I need to get done thru out the day. And for the most important take care of my babygirl.

Related Reading: chronic pain | fibromyalgia | arthritis