Xanax XR

Comment from: Godschild175 or overon Treatment for 10+ years Published: April 30

I've had Panic/Anxiety Disorder for most of my life, long before they had a name for it. I see a psychiatrist and I've only had good results with Xanax XR. I have taken Xanax XR twice a day for years. In all that time I have only gone up by one .5mg. I currently take .5 mg in morning and 1 mg around 7 p.m. according to my doctors instructions. I spent 18 years housebound with agoraphobia because I wouldn't take any meds to help me. Big mistake on my part. My best advise to anyone considering taking Xanax is if you have a psychiatrist you trust, do so and do not pay attention to any horror stories about Xanax XR that you see online. Some of us because of the circumstances of life or our biological makeup, like me, may need extra help. If you have any questions about, save them for your doctor. The only minus is you may feel a little sedated for the first 7 to 10 days. I did because I'm very sensitive to most medicines because I metabolize them quickly. Final word...Xanax XR literally saved my life.

Related Reading: anxiety | xanax xr | xanax

Comment from: Glen4545-54on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: November 27

I will say I originally took regular Xanax, as opposed to the xr. Initially, it was very effective, but it didn't last as long as I needed. I needed a medication that was longer lasting. Xanax xr is that medication. I'm noticing many people commenting on this medication claiming they take it three times a day. That doesn't make any sense. The whole reason for this is so you don't have to dose three times a day. If you just have an occasional panic attack, you would definitely benefit more from the traditional Xanax. It works strongly and quickly. But it doesn't linger like other benzos like klonopin. I really think I'm going to go back to klonopin. I took that a few years ago and found it effective, but my doctor, for some strange reason put me on Xanax. Klonopin is a strong, long acting medication that works very well. Xanax xr works but it's very expensive as compared to klonopin. But that's just my opinion.

Related Reading: xanax | xanax xr | klonopin

Comment from: bigdeal111aol.com65-71on Treatment for 10+ years Published: March 05

I've taken it for about 38 years and it still works great. I only had to increase the dose once.!

Comment from: Dee Dee45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 28

I was on 0.5 mg (1/2 milligram) 2x daily of regular Xanax for 15 years for panic attacks and anxiety disorder. It worked wonderfully and I had a very good quality of life with it. I had a job, got out of the house daily and lived my life much more normally. Suddenly last month, my psychiatrist of 20 years decided he no longer likes to prescribe regular xanax anymore. Well I had a very bad anxiety relapse when he prescribed me Xanax Extended Release 1 mg one time per day instead. It was horrible!! It felt like I didn't even take my xanax and I had waves of normalcy mixed with horrendous rolling anxiety and intermittent panic attacks daily, noon and nightly. What I didn't know was that it was only giving me .25 mg at a time 4 times per day. Well I was used to the 1/2 of a milligram 2 times per day which was much stronger. People with anxiety or panic disorder notice every subtle detail and bodily change, so I started panicking when I felt like they weren't working. My anticipatory anxiety shot through the roof and I felt panicked for the past month. It was like a roller coaster ride! I told my Dr. to please keep me on the original dosage of regular xanax that I was once taking and he refused and said XR is just as effective. He wouldn't listen to me even though I was on it for 15 years and never had to raise my dose. It seems now that all the doctors are too afraid of the feds, they are cracking down and no longer prescribing regular xanax. I quit my job because I could no longer function and didn't even feel calm enough to drive my car anymore because the anxiety was so great. I guess these doctors washed their hands with people like me because they are afraid of the government. Sometimes patients know what works better than the doctors and they should listen to us. My quality of life went down the tubes until I read on the internet a few days ago, that if I cut one of these tablets in half a 1/2 milligram (my old dose) immediately is dispensed throughout the b

Related Reading: xanax | panic attacks | anxiety