Xyzal

Comment from: kcladyz45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 30

Nothing makes me sleep. Im immune to everything except this. This left me dizzy and tired all day. I am surprised I did not crash my car going to Target. I suggest not taking this on days you need to be alert until your body becomes accustomed. They should market this as a sleep drug for this gave me my first deep sleep in 20 years

Comment from: Sparky55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 27

I recently started taking this drug for seasonal allergies. I am convinced it is the cause of the sore throat, and stuffy nose that have led to a full-blown sinus infection that antibiotics isn’t curing. Check the known side effects. You will be shocked.

Related Reading: sore throat | sinus infection

Comment from: pjsnydz55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 14

Extremely tired, even after cutting dose to half. Feel like a zombie with only 3 days of taking this med.

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: March 25

Have been on this for years and I did allergy shots for 8 years and this is amazing! Does take a bit to work..but now..I'd never run out because it works so very well. No loss if it doesn't work for you. I had tried all prescription gallery meds previously, then shots and this works the best.

Comment from: J Keith55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 14

"Started taking it for my seasonal allergies in 2017 after the owl ads on TV. It does work in a subtle way and it does produce a mild tiredness hangover effect the next day -though it is less pronounced than benadryl's next day hangover. I took one tablet a day for a month and started noticing the hangover getting stronger, so I cut down to half a tablet. I started noticing a very quick and aggressive angry response from me to any type of provocation or annoyance----yikes! I stopped taking it immediately after noticing this side effect after 2 months of taking it. I now take a 1/4 tablet with a mucinex, when allergies flare up, and this seems to work better with no pronounced anger or hangover."

Related Reading: benadryl

Comment from: JustSayNo25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 17

I saw a commercial for Xyzal and it compelled me enough to go buy it. That is about all the good I got out of this drug. I took it for 3 days at night as suggested, and it made me so tired and unmotivated during the day. On the 3rd day I expressed to my husband that I was concerned because I was feeling downright depressed and felt like I was in a rut or a slump. The only thing different was that I was taking xyzal. Today is the 4th day and I didnâ??t take it last night and itâ??s like 180 turn. I am not as tired and am already feeling more motivated. Do not take this drug.

Related Reading: xyzal

Comment from: EDJ75 or overon Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 27

Benadryl helps a little bit without any side effects, so I tried this. It seems to be another of the antihistamines that sacrifice effectiveness to reduce the possible drowsiness, such as Claritin etc. It neither significantly helped nor did it give me side effects. I will ask my allergist for a serious antihistamine.

Related Reading: benadryl | claritin

Comment from: Melissa 35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 12

I took this once for allergies. Almost instantly had major panic attack, disturbing thought, with waves of anxiety and hot flashes. Most uncomfortable 3 days of my life..Serously thought I was losing my mind...not a good drug!!...that's an oxymoron, there are no good drugs.

Related Reading: anxiety | hot flashes

Comment from: NO RELIEF FOR ME45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 01

I tried this product for typical running nose, sneezing, burning nose,watery eyes. I took it in the morning desperate to get relief. This didn't even improve any of the symptoms. Now I can't take any other product for 24 hours.

Comment from: Bitmap45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 08

I am grateful I read the box. I received a sample. My allergies are driving me nuts with post nasal drip and a runny nose. I worked okay. However, thankfully I did ahead because it knocked me out cold sleepwise. I was super groggy the next day. Should be marketed as a sleep aid...

Comment from: Jenzy55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 14

This stuff left me dangerously sedated. I took it 19 hours ago and am still way too impaired to drive and too unsteady to stand up in the shower. Worst drug ever.

Comment from: Jonesy25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 12

This is the only medication that has proven effective for my allergies. Claritin had no effect. Zyrtec and Benadryl at night had some effect. This on its own is highly effective for me,it does cause a deep sleep and drowsy hangover in the morning. Perhaps this will subside as my body becomes used to it. I also use this with Flonase and a Nett Pot... But will be cutting Flonase now too.

Related Reading: claritin | zyrtec | benadryl

Comment from: roheid55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 09

Since they offered a "free" sample, I thought I'd try this medication in hopes of finally finding something that works well. Sadly, it does not work for me at all. Had been taking Costco's version of Zyrtec, which was working fairly well. Switched to Xyzal and have NO relief from ANY of my symptoms. I woke up this morning sneezing my head off and nose running like a fawcett. This is my 3rd day on this medicine. NO EFFECT, including no drowsiness. Still have runny nose, sneezing

Related Reading: zyrtec | xyzal

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 29

Was prescribed by my ENT physician. Had dizziness and slight headache throughout the day. Other allergy meds did not have this. I will not finish this bottle.

Related Reading: dizziness | headache | allergy

Comment from: 65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 27

made me feel drugged all day and had no effect whatsoever on my allergies. Worthless product.

Comment from: 65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 20

Terrible drowsiness about 18 hours after taking before bed. Effective antihistamine; but side effect of prolonged drowsiness is unacceptable. Would not be safe to operate a vehicle or even walk on uneven ground.

Comment from: Fla Air65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 25

Severe mode altering side effects and tiredness. Do not use this if working with people or driving. Causes impatience and irritability. I do not recommend this drug.

Comment from: 75 or overon Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 29

Has caused me urination problems and after ten days have had to stop. Other wise extremely effective.

Comment from: Tim55-64 Published: May 26

I try many different allergy medications. This is the only one works for me.

Comment from: angelmom7-12on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 25

I gave this medicine to my 9-year old. I started his dosage at 1/2 tablet, increased the dosage to 1 tablet, then finally increased the dosage to 2 tablets. He never experienced any relief from his allergy symptoms with this medication. It cost me 19.99 for 35 tablets. What a waste.

Could I Be Allergic? Discover Your Allergy Triggers See Slideshow
Comment from: RichWithAllergies55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 29

Xyzal just recently became OTC. Previously I used Zyrtec and Chlortrimeton. 5mg Xyzal seems better than 10mg Zyrtec. I have been taking 1 or 2 5mg Xyzal since it became available this spring and so far find it to be best antihistamine available OTC. It seems to be similar to Zyrtec but a bit stronger and has the same drowsiness profile. I have not experienced any of the negative side effects.

Related Reading: xyzal | zyrtec

Comment from: 65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 26

Took this medication one time for allergies after mowing the lawn. Next day went for regular checkup and found my heart rate was 163 with blood pressure at 90/60. Doctor immediately sent me to the ER to get some fluids and test to find out what was going on. After dose of Cardizem, heart rate slowed and has remained within normal range. After checking online for possible side effect stating rapid heart rate was one, have decided I will not take this again! ER couldn't find any other reason for the rapid heart rate.

Related Reading: cardizem

Comment from: Panzer65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 04

Took the once a day pill for the first time today. Bought a 35 count package today at Walmart. Have had it in my system for about five hours and I'm still have a runny nose, sneezing, and watery eyes. I'm very unsatisfied.

Comment from: StephenIsMyNickname25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 27

I am sensitive to drugs that cause drowsiness. I started taking XYZAL as I was getting over a cold, and I did not realize at first that the drug was making me weak and tired. Now that I have been over my cold for more than a week, I'm still finding myself having a hard time waking up, groggy all day, and sleeping away the afternoons. I wish I had never started XYZAL - now I have to wait the rest of the 24 hours to get it out of my system so I can wake up!

Related Reading: xyzal