Zantac

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 07

This medication helps me better than all other Acid Reflux medications I have tried and the only side effect I have from it is constipation. It doesn't take away all of my symptoms, but it reduces them by about 75% (3/4). Other acid reflux medications haven't helped me nearly as much and gave me many side effects.

Related Reading: constipation

Comment from: Mark, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 24

Zantac is awesome! I haven't found a medication better than Zantac for my heartburn and acid reflux. I highly recommend it!

Related Reading: zantac | heartburn

Comment from: [email protected], 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 27

I like this medication it has control my gastristis.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years Published: September 20

I have taken this for years,from "80's to present.This is one that has always helped,even better than the new ones out there.

Comment from: peggityann, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 03

Does Zantac contain aluminum?

Comment from: sleepless, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 09

I have wrestless leg syndrome and taking this medication made my legs and arms go nuts. I have had insomnia for 2 months. Stopped taking and now I can sleep again.

Related Reading: insomnia

Comment from: 55-64 (Patient) Published: October 29

I suffer with serious bloat that anti-acids like Tums & Rolaids don't touch. Zantac releives the bloat!!! Yeah!!!

Comment from: Paz, 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 03

It helps my acid reflux symtoms, but i'm scared about the side effects especially for seniors

Comment from: Denay, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 10

This works better than the other two medications Doc proscribed but....when I take it I wake up with a headache 90% of the time. I have taken the ranitidine then stopped taking then taken again several times to evaluate this. The headache is a painful direct effect of taking this med. I really wish this was NOT the case as it otherwise seemed to work pretty well.

Related Reading: headache | ranitidine

Comment from: Nancy, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 28

I had been prescribed omeprazole for my heartburn and got a rebound effect when I stopped using it. So I tried Zantac and found that it works very well once you have the symtoms of heartburn.

Related Reading: omeprazole

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 21

I started using it for about 5 days, it is helpful. I do get headaches with it, does anyone else?

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 14

This works. It removes the pain, and lessens the bad taste I get in my mouth and my need to clear my throat often. I had no side effects. I was taking it every day for a month, but the package said you should not take it for more than 2 weeks. I stopped and started taking it only when I needed it (or suspected I might need it). But this past week my symptoms have been really annoying on the days when I don't take it, so I'm thinking of going back to every day.

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 27

I have constant heartburn and indestion one of this pills once a day and all my symtons disapeared.

Related Reading: heartburn

Comment from: Debbie/Pgh, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 26

Yes this works! But now they are saying not to take it every day! What are we to do that suffer from heartburn like this?

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 05

I originally was prescribed Zantac for overproduction of acid in my stomach. But I take it twice a day. And sometimes I get heartburn while on Zantac.But overall,it works pretty well.

Related Reading: zantac

Comment from: Felecia Kiwak, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 22

I want to ask if anyone is having problems with dairy while on this medication, but I'm not supposed to include my [email protected] Also, this medicine has a rebound effect for me.

Comment from: kelsey, 13-18 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 07

Works well for me. I take 150 mg once a day for maintenance. It has worked for about 2 years now. Tried other drugs with less help.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 16

Whenever I take zantac, my heartburn goes away in about 20 minutes. If I take it before I eat a meal that is spicy, I dont get heartburn at all.

Related Reading: zantac

Comment from: cmb11, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 01

Helps reduce heartburn, but not 100%; just enough to make it tolerable. Sometimes gives me a headache.

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 18

does the lack of acid in the stomach cause an excess of gas to build up.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 02

Have been using this drug for only a couple of weeks for Interstitial Cystitis and it has greatly reduced the pain. Those with IC should try this drug.

Related Reading: interstitial cystitis

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 22

Helps with the heartburn but gives me a WICKED case of GAS which lasts & lasts :( :(

Comment from: 30-years-a-nurse, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 15

Watch out for this drug. The product worked great for my heartburn, but in combination with Metoprolol...The anticholinergic side effects of these med's ended up with me being diagnosed with mild cognitive impairment...which is believed to place you on the fast track for Alzheimer's Disease. Switching to another heartburn medication, completely relieved all of the cognitive problems that I was experiencing (poor memory, confusion, inability to acquire and retain new information, etc...In short, being rendered close to an idiot and well on my way to God knows where.

Related Reading: alzheimer's disease

Comment from: CarolynBrook, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 28

Did very well on this for a stomach ulcer. Had one incident after 2 months which casued an emergency physician to prescribe Previcid which I took for one month and went back to Zantac. The Zantac does not cause the uncomfortable feeling that Previcid did and it seems to be healing the ulcer. I am still taking Zantac 2X/day.

Digestive Disorders: Common Misconceptions See Slideshow
Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 26

I had to start taking it due to my attacks due to stomache ulcers. After taking it I no longer have my very painful attacks. I used to have them at least 4 times a month now that I am taking this drug I have them maybe once every 2 months which is a very huge change in my life. Zantac Oral is a very good drug I do not have to change me eating habits as long as I stay on my daily dosage regimen. It has really worked wonders for me.I also have severe acid reflux disease and it helps with that alot as well and it keeps me from having to take several medications for my medical problems this one pill takes the place of 3 I would have to take daily for my medical problems 1 pill 3 times a day is alot easier to take than 3 pills 3 times daily. I from personal experience highly reccomend this drug to anyone who has Acid Reflux Disease and/or Stomache Ulcers.

Pharmacy Editor: Omudhome Ogbru, PharmD