Zelnorm

Comment from: Jeri45-54on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: September 19

Tried several treatments - this is the only one that truly helped - I am now struggling to find another treatment but no luck so far

Comment from: GRANDPA65-71on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: October 29

Bring zelnorm back. It is a life saver

Comment from: GRANDPA65-71on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: October 21

Bring Zelnorm back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment from: Jennifer25-34on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: March 22

I wish they would bring Zelnorn back! It changed my life. I would go weeks without going to the bathroom and as soon as I took this medicine, it worked. I even lost 25lbs in 2 months, just from the medicine. Birth Control has serious side effects and I am fine with that. Why can't they plop the side effects on the label and if you are alright with it, then take it. Just because someone has a heart attack or a stroke while taking this medicine should not be a reason for us all to suffer. Heart attacks can be caused by a number of reasons. I wish they would bring it back.

Comment from: anna lisa barton35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 31

I have chronic constipation, irritable bowel syndrome, gastritis colitis and diverticulosis. I feel very ill and irritated and feel even worst when I take laxatives or eat an increased amount of fiber because my colon is so swollen that nothing can pass until I take the zelnorm. The pain and swelling completely go away and I am able to have a bowel movement. The only problem is that I cannot get any licensed physician to prescribe it to me. I only get nexium which does not help with any of my symptoms. I am currently getting the zelnorm in Mexico. Thank God!

Comment from: Jbiz45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 21

I suffered with IBS until I took Zelnorm. This product really worked. However, the FDA has taken it off the market and now I'm not able to purchase it. I wish there was a substitute or perhaps they will bring it back. Again, I have to say this product worked and I'm not one who takes medication. As a matter of fact, Zelnorm was the first and only product I ever took for IBS.

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: November 18

Comment from: 19-24on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: December 01

This medication was the single most greatest thing to have ever happened to me when I was 16. I never once thoguht I was ever constipated, and thought the bms were normal and regular... I never thoht I had a reason to think otherwise. I never had a problem with this drug. It helped me lose weight, it gave me amazing relief.

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: October 08

This is the most amazing treatment ever for suffering with IBS. It actually made mine almost stop bothering me. I now only take it if/when I have a flare up of the condition. The FDA made a grevious mistake making this unavailable. This is the only medicine I would recommend for IBS suffering.

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: July 24

Please bring Zelnorm back. It worked for me. Nothing else does as well.

Comment from: irishgirl5955-64on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: October 05

I was devastated when Zelnorm was taken off the market.Ever since then I have severe bloating, chronic constipation, abdominal pain. Never had a problem with Zelnorm.Took it for 2 yrs. Now in constant abdominal pain all the time.

Comment from: Isabel65-71on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 15

Zelnorm corrected my condition in a few months of use.

Comment from: Djtx35-44on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: November 07

I wish that it was not taken off the market it really worked for me a man for IBS along with the meds for Gurd and slow stomach empty. Life has not been the same since not having the med. Now I have to take laxitives every week or so, This is on top of my daily intake of stool softners and twice daily intake of another med to hopefully keep me relgular, don't always work

Comment from: Harley55-64on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: April 28

Only thing thing that I had taken that gave me relief from chronic constipation and made me feel like a normal person again. I took it for about 6 months and will say it wasn't quite as effective at that point as it was the first few months, but none-the-less, I so wish it would become available again. Milk of magnesia on a daily basis(my doc's alternative recommendation)has turned me into a laxative addict and screwed me up so I can't have a normal movement without taking it. Caught between a rock and a hard place now. Need my Zelnorm back!!

Comment from: MB45-54on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: February 01

I miss my zelnorm. This was the most effective drug for my chronic constipation. I have been struggling since it was taken off the market. I wish they would review again.

Comment from: Corey25-34on Treatment for 10+ years Published: February 23

I have had issues with my bowel movements for years now!! I am only 31 years old and I have have had EXTREMELY bad abdominal pain for years. I rarely have a bowel movement (maybe 2X a month) and Zelnorm wasthe only thing that made me feel like a normal person again. I NEVER had ABY side affects with Zelnorm and now I it is unavailable for me to get. I have lived with this HORRIBLE condition for too long now. I just want something that is going to make me able to live a normal life, like Zelnorm did!

Comment from: christy544955-64on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: July 05

I WANT my Zelnorm BACK on the market

Comment from: Theresa81735-44on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: August 17

I want ZELNORM back too!! The only OTC I have found some what compatible is magnesium citrate 1 time a week! 2 women complained and they took it off the market?

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: November 07

Zelnorm has been the only effective medication with the least # of side effects for me. The FDA did a very poor job pulling it off the market while introducing other deadly psych drugs in the hands of the consumers. I believe there are some financial and lobbyist's reasons behind it other than real concerns for patients' well being. I still get it from overseas, or I wouldn't be still alive. Bring Zelnorm back!!!

Comment from: rene45-54on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: November 14

I am so disappointed that Zelnorm was taken off the market. This is the only drug (and I've tried a couple) that worked miracles. I suffered from IBS for about 15 years and this is the only drug that ever helped my health improve. It was like night and day when I was taking it. I would love to see another similar drug out on the market. Sometimes I feel like I'm six months pregant (and I'm 51).

Comment from: Keylee35-44on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: January 21

Please bring Zelnorm back. It was a life saver for me. I am in pain all the time. I have no life other than work.

Comment from: Wilson Garland Ches Va65-71on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: November 26

I am a man and was given samples when it first came out. Before Zelnorm I had to tale a laxative 2 times a week or get violently sick and throw up for as long as 36 hours. I took the first pill as I left the doctor. Only 1 hour later 100% of the solids in my body were expelled. 1 1/4 hours 100% of the fluid, about a quart, on my stomach was expelled. I took it until it was removed and even until today the fluids do not bother me but the constipation has returned! Please do something to bring something back!

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: May 24

I have had IBS with chronic constipation for as long as I can remember. The only thing that worked was Zelnorm. I was so dissapointed when thry took it off the market. The risks of not being able to have a bowel movment for over a week are so far above the risks of taking Zelnorm. I feel that decision should be betwwn me and my Doctor. I beg the FDA to reconsider this decision!!!

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 07

I have taken this for extreme bloating after eating. Doesn't matter if I eat mashed potatoes or salad; same bloating. I looked and felt like I was nine months pregnant. It worked in 15 minutes! Now it is off the market. Anything else that is indicated for IBS has terrible side effects like anxiety, depression and suicidal thoughts. Bring back Zelnorm. Just because it didn't work for men doesn't mean it didn't work for women!

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: April 14

Zelnorm worked for me and I had no side affects.

Comment from: art4lyn255-64on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: April 29

Before taking zelnorm i was a prisioner in my own house. My day depended on my boSwels. This is no way to live. My Dr. told me about Zelnorm when it first came out and i started to use it. Had no medical problems taking it. Then they went and took it off the market. So now I am back to living my life around my bowels. I tried talking my Dr. to giving it to me, but He said that it is not indicated in women over 50. If they put back on the market I will be the first one in line to get it. No more severe cramps and constant bowel movement......

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 16

this treatment is awsome. I love drugs.

Digestive Disorders: Common Misconceptions See Slideshow
Comment from: christy55-64on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: June 13

This drug was the best thing that ever happened to me .I hope it goes back on the market.Maybe onof the hot shots will need it and then we can get it again.

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: April 07

I too was Rx'd Zelnorm for chronic constipation, when it was taken off the market, nothing replaced it. Amatezia has been Rx'd for me since but w/o the same if any effeectiveness. OTC lacxatives dhaven't helped either.

Comment from: mnu8y845-54on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: January 03

I have had no problems it took me over 20yrs to find help for this problem and then they took this medication off the market with nothing similar to take in it place

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 19

Like so many other people, i was very upset when Zelnorm was pulled. It was the ONLY thing i could take that would help. I didn't take it all the time. Only when i would have bad episodes. PLEASE bring it back...

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: November 13

I've had IBS since my teens and Zelnorm has been the only med that has worked for me. Since they took it of the market, I've had nothing but problems. I've been on maximum dosage 2x daily of the replacement drug Amitiza which has severe side effect.. Nausea, Bloating, Bowel obstructions, chest pain, hedaches, extreme pain and cramping.. I've been hospitalized with obstructions several times and the only pain relief was IV Morphine. Bring Zelnorm back!!!!

Published: April 12

if only taken intermittenly, it works well for me..if taken daily, it does not i usually take it only when i am miserable

Comment from: CaboGirl4vr45-54on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: June 27

BRING ZELNORM BACK!!!! I'd sign any waiver they want me to just to feel the relief Zelnorm gave me from my IBS-C. For 3 glorious years, constipation, bloating, tenderness, pressure, and pain were non-existent. For the first time in 30 years, it became a non-issue, totally symptom free. I lost 30 pounds, I could zip with no pain, no gas, no pressure; hemorrhoids, nausea, sluggishness - went away - gone AND I could enjoy sex again with no discomfort -the quality of my life increased 100%. There's nothing out there that I haven't tried; Amitiza, herbal teas, high-higher fiber foods, fiber additives to drinks, drinking enough water to drowned myself, and participated in 2 drug trials for IBS-C - nothing has offered any relief. I WANT MY ZELNORM!!

Comment from: izme65-71on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: June 20

Sluggish motility, resulting in infrequent small bowel obstruction. This is the only drug that ever kept me free of obstruction, pain, and hospitalization. I was told 4 years ago that it had been taken off the market and I have had another severe attack again, severe pain, distention , projectile vomiting.

Comment from: sameeg35-44on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: November 09

Zelnorm is without a doubt 'Manna from heaven', for those of us who suffer from IBS-C. I absolutely believe the reason for the FDA taking this drug off the market is for political and monetary reasons. BRING ZELNORM BACK!!! I have suffered with IBS-C for 13 years and this drug is the only thing that truly and consistantly worked for me. I've been off it for 2 years and my IBS-C has worsened considerably in that time. I told my doctor that I could get the generic form from overseas and he told me to do it and see if it works. I've just received my first order, so here's hoping it works!

Comment from: savedme45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 29

This is the only medication that helped with my IBS, and I would like to once again be able to get a prescription for it. My symptoms of constiptation, cramping, finally being able to go, but with a lot of pain, decreased markedly when on Zelnorm. Now that it is not available I suffer daily. Fix it and bring it back, please!

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 06

Comment from: kimm53045-54on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: June 16

I used to eat a half pound of prunes daily, drinks with added fiber and up to 8 glasses of water daily with no results. When I finally took a laxitive, I lost 2 inches from my waist and 4 pounds over night. Zelnorm was the first medication I could take without the irritation of laxatives that actually worked. Please FDA, reconsider your decision to stop providing this vital resource to Americans. Many other countries still sell this medication, and I don't want to move to Canada or Europe to have good health.

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: April 30

I was put on Zelnorm back in 2006. It was the only thing that helped me get back to regular bowel movements. Now what do i do since it's taken off the market?

Comment from: cara45-54on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: January 28

I had been taking this medication for 3 yrs. until the FDA pulled it. This medication worked for me. I will start taking it again as soon as possible.

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 16

Finally! Zelnorm is back on the market!!!

Comment from: Leah323255-64on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: April 20

I took it for about 3 years before they took it off the maket. I am very heart broken that I can no longer get it. I have had IBS for over 12 years now. Zelnorm was wonderful for me, made me feel like a normal person. Could go and do things like normal people do. Now I use a Herb with senna in it. I know I shouldn't use it, but nothing esle helps me. Has anyone purchased Zelnorm from other country's, like Canada or Mexico?

Comment from: Dianne65-71on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 24

I suffered with I B S for twenty years and this medication, taken for only 5 weeks, removed most of my symptoms for 5 years. Now its back and there is no remedy that comes close on the market. What can we do to get it back on the market?

Comment from: jpaws6145-54on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: September 13

My quality of life has been greatly reduced since they took it off the market. I so wish they would make it available again. It was the only med that ever helped me.

Comment from: Jim35-44on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: May 08

I had taken the drug for over 2 year`s and now my condiction is seriously wors I have noticed all of the reveiw`s are from female`s should my care provider priscribed this med. for me ?

Comment from: naturelover65-71 Published: February 23

This is the only medication that helped me. It was a miracle. I'm now so miserable and it's always in my mind that I cannot have a bowel movement. My doctor prescribed amitiza which is inordinately expensive and it does not work. Between taking amitiza, various laxatives (miralax does not work), suppositories, enemas, etc. I'm still miserable. I don't have heart problems and I can't see why I should suffer for people who have a heart problem. I'm going to try to get zelnorm again overseas.

Comment from: 65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 12

Had lower stomach and side pain, in about 15 min it was gone after Zelnorm.

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: January 08

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: November 03

Comment from: on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 14

I have no motility and will eventually die from this. This drug has improved my motility...yet FDA has not allowed this drug to be sold in the US. This drug maynot be for all but is life saving for me.

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: June 10

I have been suffering with IBS for years during which time I tried every special IBS diet and natural product that I could lay my hands on. I tried everything my doctor prescribed, but it seemed that the more medication I took the worse my symptoms got. In the end I was never without pain.I woke up with pain and I went to bed with pain. At that stage I have also developed depression as a result of my constant pain. Then my doctor prescribed Zelnorm. To me it was like a miracle. It changed my life completely and I couldn't believe how fantastic it worked. Ever since it was taken off the market my suffering has started all over again. I have now been in agony and pain for about the last 2 years. PLEASE, is there no way that this medication can come back onto the market and that it can then be prescribed under controlled doctor's supervision??

Comment from: sushi35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 13

It worked great for my IBS until... I started getting a different pain. Long story short -after 3 months of starving/tests it was my gallbladder, had surgery. I believe it was onset by Zelnorm. Small print says "do not take if you have gallbladder disease". I never had a problem before.

QUESTION