Zestril

Comment from: Don55-64on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: September 21

I have no side effects with this drug.

Comment from: drowsy45-54on Treatment for 10+ years Published: February 25

Best drug in the world. From end stage total heart failure caused by malignant hypertension BP 240/160 to perfect control and good health 11 years later. The cough goes away in a month. Stick w. it, it mixes well w. all other drugs and you can still drink heavily once a week w/out problems. If you get postural hypotension and dizzy spells taking this w. other drugs quit the other drugs first.

Comment from: icemanmt6575 or overon Treatment for 10+ years Published: April 08

I have never had effects of high blood pressure. I do have trouble getting 5 mg tablets from my pharmacy My dosage is 15 mg per day.

Comment from: mart1073255-64on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: September 11

Keep an eye on your Potassium level.

Comment from: 65-71on Treatment for 10+ years Published: February 15

This medication helped my condition, but after taking this drug for 15 years with no problem, I had an allergic reaction. My upper lip swelled and I broke out in hives. Because my lip was swelling, my doctor told me to go to the ER. An IV drip of steroids and antihistamines was administered, and I had to take steroid pills for 10 days.

Published: January 20

Comment from: 8vqs6265-71on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: June 12

Comment from: mtungate25-34on Treatment for 10+ years Published: November 23

I took this medicine because I had protein in my urine. I am a type 1 diabetic. It caused pancytopenia in me, meaning that all my blood cell levels were low and they thought I needed a bone marrow transplant. After nearly a year off the meds my blood levels returned to normal. I am not telling anyone not to take this medicine, but if you do please make your doctor run a CBC test a couple times a year to make sure your blood levels are normal. I was told that my reaction to this medicine was 1:1,000,000, but I don't want anyone else to be the one in a million too!

Comment from: debbie55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 14

new drug for my husband have not started it yet what is it for

Comment from: rusty35-44on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: April 17

aniexty medication

Comment from: Leem55-64on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: June 25

I am taking Zestril 5mg. to protect my kidneys from diabetes. I am dizzy most of the time, nauseous most of the time, and a dry hacking cough that causes me to start choking. I keep hard candy near me all the time and water. I hope I won't have to take this medicine much longer...