Zmax

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 06

Definitely helped within the two-day period as described. A little dizziness but nothing to be worried about. Good to have something like to knock it out so quick

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 19

I did experience alot of stomach pain and nausea with this medication.

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 10

Severe stomach cramps and diarhea, in addition, after several days my sinus symptoms have returned.

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 30

It was nice to only have to take it once and not worry about it again; however, I did experience a lot of nausea and headache (and some dizziness) with this medication.

Comment from: bmarie82819-24on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 27

I had a lot of stomach pain--especially within the first several hours along with diarrhea, nausea, and mild dizziness. It's been about 5 days and it has definitely helped my sinus infection, but has left my stomach upset. I have lost my appetite and having occasional stomach cramping. I read the pamphlet and it says it stays in your system for about 10 days, so I assume that's why my stomach still isn't feeling 100%. It's the first 3-4 hours after you take it that the side effects REALLY kick in.

Comment from: Gopal55-64 Published: December 15

My doctor prescribed this drug-10 tablets two times daily each of 500mg. I did notice any side effect till I consumed the last tablet but since then I am suffering from diarrhea, vomiting, nausea since the last four months. Is there any treatment for this?

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 30

Took single oral dose yesterday and had no stomach/gasto problems. However, I am having a fair amount of dizziness today.

Comment from: SK25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 06

Took the one day dose on a Monday and felt SEVERE abdominal pain for the first 3 - 4 hours with increased heart rate (At this point I vowed to never take this medication again), after this it was followed by watery stool. This was the end of any side-effects symptoms, they all ended after 5 hours. The following day (Tuesday) I felt MUCH better. Still a little groggy and tired as the medication is still in your system but my sinus pain decreased dramatically. The medication works VERY fast but was a miserable process for the first few hours. I have difficulty swallowing pills so this was the "happy medium" which was found.

Comment from: DA17-12on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 17

IT TOOK TWO DAYS TO WORK BUT FEVER STOPED BY THE FIRST DAY.ITS GREAT!

Comment from: [email protected] Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 17

It did work with in two days but I did have diarhea with in a couple of hours. Overall it was alot better than having to take a pill three times a day.

Comment from: Oneofakind25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 13

I suffer from painful cystic acne. I had tried many different antibiotics. My dermatologist prescribed Zmax. THE BEST! Since then The Dr. has prescribed it for reoccurences ( which have lessen dramatically) WORKS MIRACLES- almost no scarring!

Published: November 05

Lots of stomach pain, it was very uncomfortable but it did subside. Having to take it only once was nice. Especially knowing that it was just as effective as the z-pack.

Comment from: Oracle45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 28

Am on my third of five days and am feeling great! I don't think anything else would have been so effective in treating my symptoms. Had dizziness prior to taking the drug so I am unsure if the dizziness is associated with the drug or illness.

Comment from: louise55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 09

I am 48 hours into taking this for a serious sinus infection. That appears to be better. But I have had diarrhea, vomitting, and mild dizziness. I have lost my appetite.

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 12

I took the zmax one dose strawberry banana flavor. Taste was fine. About three hours later I experienced extreme nausia and diarrhea which lasted all through the night on and off. I also had a slight feverish headache which subsided. I am on day two now and most of these side effects are gone and my throat feels much better! This was at the cost of a miserable night but at least it seems to be working!

Comment from: Stace6635-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 05

I took it 2 hours after eating dinner. About an hour later, I was experiencing loose stool. I had that a couple of times at night. I did get mild stomach cramps, but nothing severe. Had very dry mouth, but that could be due to not really being able to breathe in my nose. Next day, still have loose stool, but no other symptons.

Comment from: dpp35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 01

I took the oral dose on an empty stomach as recommended. After 1 1/2 hrs I vomited voilently for more than an hour. I actually lost conciousness briefly during the vomiting. It has been 3 weeks now and although the pneumonia is much better I am having serious side effects from the medication. I have developed pesistant diarrea stomach bloating and cramping and blood in my stool. I would not recommend this med to anyone due to the harmful side effects!!

Comment from: Dan the Plumber35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 13

Had severe vomiting 1.5 hrs. after taking. Vomited for additional 4 hours. I took on empty stomach as doctor recommended. However after the vomiting , I feel somewhat better.

Comment from: 13-18on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 04

Only about five minutes after taking it, I experienced intense nauseous. It was so bad, I could hardly move. Now, only a few hours later, the nausea is gone, but my throat is even more sore. I hope this works soon.

Comment from: Diana45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 25

3 day dose, on my 2nd day and feel 90% better. Maybe some slight dizziness.

Fungal Skin Infections: Types, Symptoms, and Treatments See Slideshow