Zomig Nasal Spray

Comment from: rochejr, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 28

After being diagnosed with cluster headaches, this was the only thing that seemed to work. The taste was bad but not awfull. Relief came after about 3-5 minutes. I really don't know how I could have functioned without the help of this drug.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 19

I have been using Zomig since the first part 0f 2008 as a migrane sufferer. However, in the late summer timeframe, I experienced a loss of taste and smell. My neurologist states that this is not from the Zomig. I feel that it is. Even though it helps with the pain of the migrane this is a serious side effect to me. I will need to go to my ENT doctor to determine what is the solution to my problem with no taste or smell.

Related Reading: zomig

Comment from: goneauburn, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 24

I've taken the Zomig and Maxalt oral dissolving pills and the nasal spray and the Zomig spray seems to work quicker and better every time. The only down side is after taking the nasal spray, I can feel the medicine dripping down the back of my throat and often times it makes me want to throw up. However, if I can fight the urge to do so, the medicine is more effective in stopping my migraine symptoms (blurry vision, numbness, excessive pain and nausea). I've never had to take a second dose to control migraine symptoms.

Related Reading: maxalt

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 16

I could not function without Zomig. My migrains are awful. It does taste TERRIBLE but as long as you have something to munch on or sip for about 45 minutes it's fine. I have some trouble with dizziness for the rest of the day. And there are times that I need to take it twice however doses are usually 4 or more hours apart.

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 20

I used this alone and in combination with maxalt. It's very effective but when it starts to drip down the back of your throat it tastes AWEFUL!!! I recomend having a strong flavored or fizzy to drink when that happens to help kill the taste.

Related Reading: maxalt

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 11

I still would be wanting to bash my head into a brick wall if it was not for zomig. I was scared at first to use this, but now I can't function without it!!

Related Reading: zomig

Comment from: duckygirl, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 25

Insurance finally approved this for me, and I picked it up just in time for stormy weather, which almost always triggers a migraine. Last night I had one come on and I used this for the first time, my headache was gone within minutes. This morning it returned, used again and it was gone and hasn't come back. I haven't had any side effects. This has been the thing that has worked best for me in the past 9 years.

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: JN , 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 24

I have suffered for 40 years with migraines, but when I turned 50 they got worse and debilitating. My doctor gave me Zomig I just assumed it would be another medication that didn't work but I have been pleasantly surprised. It is fantastic, will stop the onset or will eliminate the migraine in about 20 minutes. It has given me a new out look on life! Agree, taste is bad but if you tilt your head as recommended it doesn't run down your throat.

Comment from: Murph, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 11

Zomig has changed my life. Pain is gone within minutes for me. Taste is awful but popping a mint right after eliminates that. Only odd side effects are that I become sensitive to temperature (shower, air conditioning, heat, washing hands, etc.) and a tingling on the top of my head. Unfortunately, my insurance does not cover and it is extremely expensive. I've tried other treatments and nothing has worked as well.

Comment from: Walker, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 21

I cannot say enough good things about Zomig Nasal. It changed my life. After suffering with terrible migraines for years, I now use Zomig and 20 minutes later, my migraine is gone.

Related Reading: zomig

Comment from: AvonJodi, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 04

I agree the taste is horrible, however to be rid of the pain it's a winner. rarely had to take more than 1 dose, when this bad good idea to nap IF i can. NOW having insurance coverage issues.

Comment from: babybuggy, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 10

I have suffered the life altering effects of migraines for many years. When my doctor wanted me to try Zomig I was not expecting to much. I was so happy to report that since using Zomig for about 2 years it has been a god send.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 07

I took my first dose of Zomig his morning because I woke up with a headache and didn’t want it to get worse through the day. It did take my headache away after about 15 mins but it made my body hurt or feel sore. It started in my stomach area and breast area and now it is in my calf muscles and it’s hurts. Kind of feels like muscle cramps. Has this happened to anyone else ?

Related Reading: headache | muscle cramps

Comment from: Seriana, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 24

I have had severe migraines (intense pain behind the eyes, vomiting, light sensitivity) since the age of 12. Usually 3 (up to 10) days long, 1-2 times per month. I took imotrex for over 5 years but built up resistance and the migraines got much more severe to the point I was near suicidal. Then I took Zomig tablets for about 5 years. They worked well for me and I could take them at any time, not just at onset. Unfortunately they were prohibitively expensive even in generic form. Now I have a connection to get the nasal spray version of Zomig in India for a small fraction of the price (btw what's up with that anyway? Why do Americans have to pay 20x more? $15 vs $300). The spray burns and tastes horrible as it runs down the back of the throat from the nasal passage. The pump seems to not always give exactly the same dosage. The shelf life is rather short. But it works fast - 2-10 minutes vs 20-30 for the tablets and only slight dizziness side effect. I get no rebound headaches with the spray but did with the tablets. Overall a life saver.

Related Reading: burns | dizziness

Comment from: Karen, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 15

This treatment has been very positive for relief from serve migraines. It works quickly and allows me to continue my life

QUESTION