Zostavax

Comment from: alex45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 30

I am (was until recently) a 54 y/o healthy man and my doc recommended the "Shingles vaccination". I did a brief research and found that the side effects reported as mild. Got it 16 days ago into the upper left arm. The following 5 days were perfect - no rash no pain, and I completely forgot about the vaccine. On day 6 I developed severe pulsating headache, nausea, constantly elevated blood pressure, and pain/tightness in the heart. It's been 10 days since this started and it still does not go away. I feel sick all the time. I went to MD, asked for help and complained about the vaccine - but she ruled out the connection and insisted that it's been just a coincidence (that turned a healthy man into a wreck). Unfortunately, I didn't do a proper research on the vaccine side effects, and as a result, I am suffering now. I believe that this HORRIBLE vaccine just harms people and should be prohibited. Whoever is reading this and still undecided, think twice before jeopardize your health by getting this vaccine.

Related Reading: shingles | headache

Comment from: Notoshingleshot!55-64on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: November 15

Two years after the injection I got the worst case of shingles my doctor had seen. Two years later, I still have PHN. Just say no and chance it.....because of the vaccine, I didn't get typical symptoms until it was too late to give me antiviral. I was out of work for over three months!

Related Reading: shingles

Comment from: alanbiochem75 or overon Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 26

Severe headache for 4 weeks sent for a CT scan Diarhea for 1 week. Very unpleasant side effects

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: HS55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: August 11

I developed not very serious shingle symptoms after the shot. However my vision deteriorated after 4 weeks and I need glasses now. I also experience muscle pain in the right upper leg since the shot. Recommendation: Think twice before getting the shot.

Comment from: betterhalf 55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 02

First of all, I am writing this review only 6 days after injection. I am reviewing the shot and it's side effects only, as I have no idea yet if it will prevent shingles for me. I had a fairly bad reaction to the vaccine after comparing my symptoms to others listed here. My entire upper arm swelled, was hot, beet red, bumpy, very sore and itched like hell. Benadryl cream helps ALOT. I also had some bad headaches,my joints hurt and I felt nauseated for 5 days, although I never vomited. In short, a miserable experience. However here I am in day 6, and I feel back to normal except for a vague headache. Nowhere in the info on this drug does it tell you how long injection symptoms last, so I'm here to tell you mine only lasted 5 days. I wish the Pharmacist would have given me a little heads up about what I might experience, but I understand why they don't. All in all, if this vaccine prevents shingles, I'll happily sacrifice 5 days of feeling not great. I also want to add that I got the vaccine voluntarily as a precaution for a skin treatment that can cause a shingles outbreak. I will review again in early 2017 and let you know if it worked.

Related Reading: shingles | benadryl | headache

Comment from: Pam51265-71on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: August 06

I got the first shot in May. I had chills and a fever for two days. I never got my appetite back. Got the 2nd shot on Friday. Spent all day Saturday trying to throw up food I had not eaten. It's Monday and I still feel awful. I have never had any kind of side effect from anything, so I am not happy with this drug.

Comment from: AKielhurn55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 13

Never had any childhood diseases, and broke out with massive shingles after having shot 3 yrs ago. Under inhumane stress, but shingles almost killed me. All over my chest, my back, and down my left arm to my hand. Nobody can answer why I got it - other than stress. Though, I HAVE NEVER HAD CHICKEN POX. They say the virus lived in me, but I just never broke out. I say- nobody knows what they're talking about. Shingles is a mystery to all Dr.s I do not fit the profile, but got the worst case my medical facility has ever profiled. Trust me, get all shots possible but do not trust any answers. They just don't know anything!!! Now I'm disabled with post neuropathy and I am furious. Shingles needs to be talked about more and more. This is a pain I've never imagined in my life, and I've been through it all.

Related Reading: shingles | stress

Comment from: Cathy55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 29

Two days after receiving Zostavax had moderate to severe abdominal pain then shaking chills. Chills were gone by a.m., but four days later still have abdominal pain on right side which seems to be lessening every 24 hours (I hope). No problem with injection site.

Related Reading: zostavax | abdominal pain

Comment from: Scott55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: July 31

I am a 55yo healthy male. The first dose just made my arm ache horribly. I received the second dose three days ago. Yesterday I ached EVERYWHERE!! I was so weak I could barely stand up. I felt as though I had the flu. Today I am better but still recovering. If this prevents Shingles it will be worth it. But be aware that if you get the vaccine you could become quite sick with flu like symptoms.

Related Reading: flu | shingles