Zyflo

Comment from: OldManDave35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 13

PLease ignore my efficacy ratings - I am merely on day 2, but I am feeling pretty lousy: nausea, sweats, intermittently clammy and just generally feeling crappy. I want to know if others have had a similar experience and if they have, typically how long does these side effects last? My asthma has decompensated to the point that I am oral & inhaled steroid dependent = miserable. I am pinning substantial hope on this abyssmally expensive med - >$300/mon AFTER my insurance pays almost $400!!! (at least that is what my pharmacist told me)

Comment from: [email protected] Treatment for 5-10 years Published: January 13

since I am on Soc. Sec. Disabilaty and receive barely $1100/mo., I was astonished when even with med. insurance, my pharmacy raised it $22. Why can't you have a generic? Linda

Comment from: Nov55-64on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: September 19

I was initially prescribed two pills twice day but now take 1 pill twice daily for my moderately severe asthma. Previously I had been taking Accolate. On Zyflo my lung function has significantly improved, I feel better, more energetic and even my arthritis is better. On Xyflo I don't seem to get as sick with my asthma every time I get a cold or the next pollen season arrives which here in Texas is weekly. Thankfully it is currently covered by our insurance after meeting deductible or I probably would not be able to afford this drug. It is quite expensive and has gone up $$ since I began taking it. However, my health has improved considerably so 8 will continue with it as long as possible.

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 16

My allergist switched me from Singulair to this drug and it works so much better. I can breathe and no more sinus headaches.

Comment from: Debbie45-54 Published: October 16

I have been able to breathe a lot easier since I started taking this medication.

Published: October 04

Now that Zyflo CR is out, it should be much easier to use, but I initially had some trouble taking the medication on a regular basis and had side-effects as a result.

Comment from: bubbaluigi75 or overon Treatment for 2-5 years Published: October 05

This medication has been a life saver. Highly responsive to salycilates I had to use corticoids to control my asthma til I started using Z.

Published: October 21

This medication is horribly expensive! $200 for 30 days!

Comment from: Niki H35-44on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: June 16

I was having a horrible time with my asthma, despite being on symbicort, some other inhaler, and singular. Finally, my allergy/asthma doctor prescribed this as kind of a last resort before having to take asthma shots. Luckily, it has worked wonders. It has helped so much with my asthma. I hardly ever have to use my rescue inhaler or nebulizer anymore and it has even helped with my allergies, too, which was a nice surprise. It's a great med. I do have to go for liver tests every six months, but it's worth it for a med that actually works for my asthma. Now I take it and symbicort and my asthma is very controlled, with only the occasional flare up.

Comment from: getnbetr45-54on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: March 01

When my doctor added this to my regiment it made an amazing difference to my health. I have chemical induced asthma, so this along with the other 3 inhalers and 2 oral medications changed my life. I was taking 4 a day but then started having stomach complications, I felt that there was a correlation between the meds and my stomach issue. I since decreased to two a day and found feeling much better. I have to say that this medicine was the turn around for me and despite the few issues, it is well worth not having continuous asthma attacks over the slightest odor or fume.

Comment from: Lash 45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 12

Severely upset my stomach and my eyes feel like they have sand in them all day long. It has helped my asthma, but I'm not sure it is worth it. I feel lousy all day long on these.

Comment from: Narat25-34on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: October 27

I switched from Singulair to Zyflo about a year ago, and I believe the medication is more effective than Singulair. The main problem is that it is hard to take -- I have to take one horse-sized pill every six hours. I often forget to take it, or simply sleep through a dose. The medication is also expensive.

Comment from: Caremme35-44on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: October 03

My pulmonologist switched me from Singular to this medication and it works much better for me. It is slightly cumbersome to remember to take four times a day.

Comment from: Tennislady65-71on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: August 03

At age 73, I am able to walk 4 miles a day and play tennis without shortness of breath. Zyflo helps me to breath deeper. Just wish it was less expensive and I get the generic brand.

Comment from: Jason35-44on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: August 01

I take Zyflo for chronic sinusitis caused by adult onset allergies --my allergist calls it triad asthma (asthma, nasal polyps, and allergy to NSAIDs). I had three surgeries on my sinuses in 5 years before I found this doctor. He told me he treats this kind of sinusitis as "upper respiratory asthma," and recommended Zyflo. Zyflo isn't "approved" for this treatment, but since chronic sinusitis-ers usually have asthma too. . . It works great. I went from not being able to pass any air through my sinuses to 80-90% clear. No surgeries or polyp growth in 7 years. And my insurance covers it. Tell your doctor that you've tried singulair before and it gave you a skin rash. Your doctor can then get prior authorization because you can't take the cheaper med. Still, I can't wait until the patent runs out and it goes generic. Easy breathing, everyone!

Comment from: grambo55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 20

Raises my pulse rate to way above normal.

Comment from: jd55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 19

I notice a little dizziness shortly after taking this medication, but is not debilitating and does not linger.

Comment from: KEEVER.KT45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 03

I HAVE COPD, AND THIS MEDICINE HAS MADE SUCH A DIFFERENCE IN THE WAY I FEEL. IT WORKS BETTER THAN ANY OTHER DRUG I'VE USED!

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 26

Works along with Singular to control my asthma, but have noticed side effects of yellow eyes, really tired, muscle aches, headaches

Comment from: johninhouston35-44on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: March 17

I can breathe again. So much better than Singlair ever was.

QUESTION