Zyprexa

Comment from: 25-34 Transgender 2 to less than 5 years Caregiver Published: September 23

Like to orgasm? too bad Like to not be extremely overweight even though you exercise regularly? too bad This medication will leave in a dulled down, meaningless existence.

Comment from: Hopeful 55-64 Female Caregiver Published: July 31

Zyprexa is a powerful drug so I only take quarter of 5mg wafer my neg thoughts and anxiety better not ruminating about hateful things that have happened feel brighter more pleasant.obviously if u feel zombies cut the dose down.it has potential to make you hungry but you have to stay away from junk food.Think I will give a go as seroquel was making me angry.Also take 10mg citalopram.good luck to all and stay positive.

Related Reading: zyprexa | anxiety | seroquel

Comment from: Zyprezza 65-74 Transgender Caregiver Published: June 03

This pill did nothing to stop my psychotic thoughts stemming from Ptednisone

Comment from: Anonymous 35-44 Transgender 10 years or more Caregiver Published: May 23

Ive been on and off this medication since I was in my mid twenties. It works to stop the paranoia and psychosis very well but can make you feel very sleepy. Coming off it is a nightmare though. Severe depression and thoughts of suicide so you end up back at square one. Hate to think that I may well need to be on this medication for life to attain any sense of a 'normal' life.

Related Reading: depression | suicide

Comment from: Theresa 45-54 Transgender 1 to 6 months Caregiver Published: April 26

It made me worse all around, lab work with many issues to the extreme weight gain. I would not recommend this for anyone with mental health issues as they will become greater!!!

Related Reading: mental health

Comment from: bbb 13-18 Transgender 1 to less than 2 years Caregiver Published: April 18

I was given this med along with Tenex to help with hallucinations and it made them worse and caused me to black out for days do not take it.

Related Reading: tenex

Comment from: Anonymous 19-24 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: January 28

Makes you gain weight that canâ??t come off. Stretch marks and blubber. Possibly insomnia if you come off it

Related Reading: insomnia

Comment from: Mary.J 25-34 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: January 15

This medicine saved my life. I was having intrusive suicidal thoughts for months and as soon as I took zyprexa the next day they were gone. I couldn�¢����t believe how fast it worked. My doctor told me it�¢����s not a long term medicine though so after a few months she switched me to something else. Bad side effects: drowsiness and a huge appetite. I probably gained some weight but I think that the good out weighs the bad in this kind of situation.

Related Reading: zyprexa

Comment from: cjones529 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: December 28

I've been on this med for about 2 months now in conjunction with Lamictal, trazadone, & effexor. I take the zyprexa at bedtime. I no longer wake up with anxiety & dread. This has helped me immensely. Took about 6 weeks to really work, but for me this drug is fantastic.

Related Reading: lamictal | effexor | zyprexa

Comment from: Mic67 25-34 Female 2 to less than 5 years Patient Published: June 03

This medication has changed my life. Before taking this, I hallucinated almost constantly, and I couldnâ??t focus. It has made me gain 45 pounds, which I donâ??t like. But on it I can have a life, off it, I cannot.

Comment from: 65-74 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: September 13

Recently started taking 2.5mg zyprexa for sleep/depression..lowered lexapro from 20mg/daily to 15..hoping to lower lexapro to 10/mg daily..within a couple days of taking zyprexa I am sleeping better and depression is minimal..hoping it continues working like this

Related Reading: zyprexa | depression | lexapro

Comment from: deathstar 13-18 Female 6 months to less than 1 year Patient Published: May 04

Honesty, for me it sucks. It makes me feel worse than I already do. I take it as a kick starter/anti-psychotic. It never has worked.

Comment from: Celia 45-54 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: April 23

It did help me to feel calm but I had severe pain in my legs. Could not sleep at all because of pain. I tried it twice in case the first time was just a fluke but 2nd time was even worse. Idk if anyone else has had this experience. It's not listed in side effects. I also had dramatic increase in appetite.

Comment from: Kiki 35-44 Female 6 months to less than 1 year Patient Published: April 07

Stay away from this drug. It almost ruined my life. The withdrawals are so bad I was almost committed. Please find something else.

Comment from: Monica 45-54 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: January 03

It worked and it was good for sleeping but I had to stop it because I gained 10 pounds in a month.

Comment from: Jgah 19-24 Female 6 months to less than 1 year Patient Published: December 19

Best medication I have taken so far. I have gained no weight.

Comment from: Ed McLendon 55-64 Male 5 to less than 10 years Patient Published: May 25

Remove this poison from the market and force the makers to take it for about a year then make them go cold turkey. See what happens.

Comment from: makenziestratton 13-18 Female 6 months to less than 1 year Patient Published: March 08

Zyprexa has most certainly been the worst medication I’ve ever taken, the main reason being the weight gain. In 9 months (at most!) I gained nearly 60 pounds which shifted my whole dwindling self esteem. This medication also greatly frustrated me because it just really did not help. I have severe OCD, it was so serious that doctors were convinced I was psychotic and had minor schizophrenia. So it honestly felt as though I was just taking a weight gain medication which made me extremely tired. I really recommend if you have OCD and your psychiatrist is suggesting this to go over very carefully how this medication will ease your symptoms and actually help your life. The only positive about this medication was that it was relatively easy to administer.

Related Reading: zyprexa | schizophrenia

Comment from: Ariadne011 55-64 Female 10 years or more Patient Published: January 17

For me, Zyprexa is a miracle drug. It works very quickly - the first day I took it, I started sleeping through the night. Racing and negative thoughts filtered out. My comment is, Zyprexa trumps everything - I always know I can take a full dose and the black pit of despair will close up almost instantly. Having said that, it has significant side effects. Weight gain and tiredness are the main ones. It's sort of a Catch-22 since those things are rather depressing in and of themselves. I've been on it for about 15 years though and while the side effects are still an issue, they are more manageable. It increases sugar cravings, which makes staying on a healthy diet hard, but it is possible. (Weight Watchers diet has worked for me.). Because it's so powerful, I have been able to reduce the dose for periods of time, with reductions in weight and tiredness issues, but I have never been able to come all the way off it. I guess I have a love-hate relationship with it. But if I'm depressed, I gain weight and feel sluggish anyway, so I'm no worse off. For me, this drug was a miracle, but you need to be able to maintain a healthy diet and exercise, because the cravings

Related Reading: zyprexa