Zyrtec

Comment from: Jimbo55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 12

Smoked for 40 years and tried everything on the market to quit. Doctor gave me this and I have been smoke free for 72 days now. First week was bad but got better after that. There is a slight burning in the mouth and affect on taste, but I had that when I smoked. I can now walk up the 11 flights of stairs for my job without stopping every 2 floors to catch my breath. It is great to be smoke free. I would recommend this to any smoker that wants to quit.

Comment from: L4435-44on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: July 14

Being a two pack a day smoker for twenty years put me in the hospital with a collapsed lung/pnemonia/plueral effusion/chest tubes..the list goes on.. fortunately, I was released after three weeks of recovery and the pulmonologist started this medication. I had tried everything on the market but this was a different situation and a different delivery of medication. It absolutely worked for me but I knew it had to be the solution too bc there wasn't another choice besides premature death at that point. I absolutely recommend it if you have tried everything else and it didn't work. It's not without side effects of course but I pushed through and I am so happy I did.

Related Reading: collapsed lung

Comment from: Susankay45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: June 24

I am surprised to read that some experience a burning sensation. I have never had that issue. I feel very fortunate for that, as this is the only thing that helped me quit. I get the hand to mouth movement plus the sensation of smoke hitting the back of my throat. It truly works for me.

Comment from: 65-71 Published: May 11

Can anyone tell me how expensive the inhaler is? I don't want to get a prescription and find out I can't afford it. I see it is used for quite awhile. Thank you.

From WebMD Logo