- Brand: YonsaGeneric: Abiraterone Acetate Tablets
- Brand: ZytigaGeneric: Abiraterone Acetate Tablets
- Brand: XofigoGeneric: Radium Ra 223 Dichloride
- New Drug With Abiraterone Slows Prostate CancerSource: WebMD Health News
An experimental pill with the active ingredient abiraterone shows promise as method to slow the growth of prostate cancer tumors.
- Take With Food, Cut $9000 Prostate Cancer Pill Cost by 75%Source: WebMD Health News
Men with advanced prostate cancer may be able to take one fourth the standard dose of abiraterone acetate (Xytiga, Janssen) in conjunction with a low-fat breakfast, and the drug's efficacy will still be comparable to the efficacy of the standard dose when the drug is taken on an empty stomach, as recommended, according to findings from the first randomized trial on the subject.
- Prostate Cancer Drug Zytiga May Extend LifeSource: WebMD Health News
According to a new study, newly approved prostate cancer pill Zytiga (abiraterone acetate) may extend life by up to four months among men with spreading cancer who have already been treated with chemotherapy.
- FDA Approves Zytiga for Late-Stage Prostate CancerSource: FDA
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Zytiga (abiraterone acetate) in combination with prednisone (a steroid) to treat patients with late-stage (metastatic) castration-resistant prostate cancer who have received prior docetaxel (chemotherapy).