- Brand: SymmetrelGeneric: Amantadine Hydrochloride
- Brand: Osmolex ERGeneric: Amantadine
- Brand: GocovriGeneric: Amantadine Extended Release Capsules, for Oral Use
- Brand: FlumadineGeneric: Rimantadine
- Brand: Mirapex ERGeneric: Pramipexole Dihydrochloride Extended-Release Tablets
- Brand: MirapexGeneric: Pramipexole
- Brand: CuvposaGeneric: Glycopyrrolate Oral Solution
- Brand: ContraveGeneric: Naltrexone HCl and Bupropion HCl Extended-Release Tablets
- Brand: Forfivo XLGeneric: Bupropion Hydrochloride
- Brand: XadagoGeneric: Safinamide Tablets
- Brand: WellbutrinGeneric: Bupropion Hcl
- Brand: RequipGeneric: Ropinirole Hcl
Diseases, Conditions, and Procedures
- Creutzfeldt-Jakob DiseaseSource: Government
Learn about Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD) causes, and read about symptoms, such as progressive dementia, insomnia, depression, and unusual sensations.
- Multiple Sclerosis Early Symptoms and Signs (Early, Body Areas Affected) Source: MedicineNet
MS, or multiple sclerosis, can cause a variety of symptoms and warning signs. They can vary in severity by person or stage of the disease. Some early warning signs include problems holding in urine or feces, vision loss, dizziness, numbness or tingling in the arms and legs, and sexual problems. Several treatment options are available.
- Post-Polio SyndromeSource: Government
Read about post-polio syndrome (PPS) symptoms like weakness, fatigue, muscle atrophy, joint pain, scoliosis, and more. Treatment information is included.
- SchizophreniaSource: MedicineNet
Schizophrenia is defined as a mental or brain disorder that causes one to suffer symptoms such as delusions, hallucinations, and disorganized speech and behavior. Read about treatment of schizophrenics, types, and testing.
- AmantadineSource: RxList Medscape
Amantadine is used to prevent or treat a certain type of flu (influenza A). Learn about side effects, drug interactions, dosages, warnings, and more.
- Artane vs. GocovriSource: RxList Versus
Artane (trihexyphenidyl) and Gocovri (amantadine extended release capsules) are used to treat the stiffness, tremors, spasms, and poor muscle control of Parkinson's disease.
- Levsin vs. LevbidSource: RxList Versus
Levsin (hyoscyamine) and Levbid Extended Release (hysocyamine sulfate extended release tablets) are principal anticholinergic/antispasmodic components of belladonna alkaloids used to treat different stomach and intestinal disorders, including peptic ulcer and irritable bowel syndrome.
- Bentyl vs. LevsinSource: RxList Versus
Bentyl (dicyclomine) and Levsin (hyoscyamine) are anticholinergics prescribed for irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Levsin is also used to treat different stomach and intestinal disorders, including peptic ulcer. Levsin is also used to control muscle spasms in the bladder, kidneys, or digestive tract, and to reduce stomach acid. Levsin is sometimes used to reduce tremors and rigid muscles in people with symptoms of Parkinson's disease, and is also used as a drying agent to control excessive salivation, runny nose, or excessive sweating.
- Levsin vs. AtropineSource: RxList Versus
Levsin is sometimes used to reduce tremors and rigid muscles in people with symptoms of Parkinson's disease, and is also used as a drying agent to control excessive salivation, runny nose, or excessive sweating. Atropine is used to treat bradycardia (low heart rate), reduce salivation and bronchial secretions before surgery, and as an antidote for overdose of cholinergic drugs or mushroom poisoning.
- Levsin vs. DonnatalSource: RxList Versus
Levsin (hyoscyamine) and Donnatal (belladonna alkaloids, phenobarbital) are used to treat different stomach and intestinal disorders, including peptic ulcer and irritable bowel syndrome.
- Levsin vs. LinzessSource: RxList Versus
Levsin (hyoscyamine) and Linzess (linaclotide) are used to treat irritable bowel syndrome.
- Levsin vs. LomotilSource: RxList Versus
Levsin is used to treat different stomach and intestinal disorders, including peptic ulcer and irritable bowel syndrome. Lomotil contains an antidiarrheal medication and is also used to treat diarrhea.
- Levsin vs. ViberziSource: RxList Versus
Levsin (hyoscyamine) and Viberzi (eluxadoline) are used to treat irritable bowel syndrome.
- FDA Clears First Drug for Parkinson's DyskinesiaSource: WebMD Health News
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved amantadine extended-release capsules (Gocovri, Adamas Pharmaceuticals Inc) for treatment of dyskinesia in patients with Parkinson's disease receiving levodopa-based therapy, with or without concomitant dopaminergic medications, the company announced today.
- Antiviral Drugs and Swine FluSource: FDA
Read About Antiviral Drugs, How they Work, their Benefits, Treatments, and the CDC Recommendations for Use Against Swine Flu.
- FDA Approves Rapivab to Treat Flu InfectionSource: FDA
On December 19, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved Rapivab (peramivir) to treat influenza infection in adults.