- Brand: CordaroneGeneric: Amiodarone HCl Tablets
- Brand: Amiodarone HCl InjectionGeneric: Amiodarone HCl Injection
- Brand: Cordarone IVGeneric: Amiodarone Intravenous
- Brand: NexteroneGeneric: Amiodarone HCl Injection
- Brand: PaceroneGeneric: Amiodarone HCl Tablets
- Brand: SovaldiGeneric: Sofosbuvir Tablets
- Brand: EpclusaGeneric: Sofosbuvir and Velpatasvir Fixed-dose Combination Tablets
- Brand: VoseviGeneric: Sofosbuvir
- Brand: DaklinzaGeneric: Daclatasvir Tablets
- Brand: HarvoniGeneric: Ledipasvir and Sofosbuvir Tablets
- Brand: OlysioGeneric: Simeprevir Hard Gelatin Capsules
- Brand: SynthroidGeneric: Levothyroxine Sodium
- Brand: UnithroidGeneric: Levothyroxine Sodium
- Brand: NovothyroxGeneric: Levothyroxine Sodium Tablets
- Brand: AltoprevGeneric: Lovastatin Extended-Release Tablets
- Brand: MevacorGeneric: Lovastatin
- Brand: LevoxylGeneric: Levothyroxine Sodium
- Brand: PrevymisGeneric: Letermovir Tablets
- Brand: TikosynGeneric: Dofetilide
- Brand: LevothroidGeneric: Levothyroxine Sodium
- Brand: XenicalGeneric: Orlistat 120 mg
- Brand: CoregGeneric: Carvedilol
- Brand: Coreg CRGeneric: Carvedilol Phosphate Extended-Release
- Brand: DiflucanGeneric: Fluconazole
- Brand: AltocorGeneric: Lovastatin Extended-Release Tablets
Slideshows, Images, and Quizzes
- Picture of AmiodaroneSource: RxList
View an Illustration of Picture of Amiodarone and learn more about Diseases of Pigment.
- Skin Conditions Quiz: Common Skin DiseasesSource: RxList
Skin Conditions Picture Quiz. Take this online quiz to test your knowledge in identifying common skin conditions such as shingles, ringworm, psoriasis, scabies, skin cancer and more.
Diseases, Conditions, and Procedures
- Atrial Fibrillation (AFib)Source: MedicineNet
Atrial fibrillation (AFib) is a common heart rhythm abnormality with symptoms like dizziness, fainting, weakness, fatigue, and shortness of breath. Types of AFib include paroxysmal and nonvalvular.
- Drug-Induced Liver DiseaseSource: MedicineNet
Drug-induced liver disease comes in many types, and has many potential causes. Find out about drug-induced liver disease treatment, signs, and symptoms like itching, easy bruising, and jaundice, and learn how certain drugs can cause liver disease.
- Atrial Fibrillation (AFib) Treatment DrugsSource: MedicineNet
Atrial fibrillation (AFib) is an abnormal heart rhythm that causes an irregular and rapid heartbeat. Medications to treat AFib include beta-blockers, blood thinners, and heart rhythm drugs. AFib medications can cause side effects.
- Sun-Sensitive Drugs (Photosensitivity to Drugs)Source: MedicineNet
Drug photosensitivity is caused by a phototoxic or photoallergic reaction to certain medications and sunlight. Symptoms include burning, itching, stinging, redness, blisters, and swelling of the affected areas. See pictures and sun-sensitive drugs list.
- Interstitial Lung Disease (Interstitial Pneumonia)Source: MedicineNet
Interstitial lung disease refers to a variety of diseases that thicken the tissue between the lungs' air sacks. Symptoms of interstitial lung disease include shortness of breath, cough, and vascular problems, and their treatment depends on the underlying cause. Causes include viruses, bacteria, tobacco smoke, environmental factors, cancer, and heart or kidney failure.
- Myxedema ComaSource: MedicineNet
Myxedema coma or myxedema crisis is a life-threatening complication of hypothyroidism. Some symptoms of myxedema coma include fatigue, lethargy, depression, dry skin, and weight gain. Mild myxedema coma usually is treated by a general practitioner or internist while moderate to severe myxedema coma is treated and managed by an endocrinologist.
- Periodic Paralysis SyndromeSource: MedicineNet
Periodic paralysis syndrome describes seven to eight different types of rare genetic conditions that cause symptoms of episodic muscle weakness and paralysis. Episodes of paralysis can occur in only certain areas of the body, like an arm or leg, or the whole body. Hypokalemic and normokalemic are two kinds of this genetic problem. Treatment depends upon the type. There is no cure for these syndromes.
- Atrial Flutter: ECG, Symptoms, and TreatmentsSource: MedicineNet
Atrial flutter is a type of arrhythmia in which there is a problem with the heart's electrical system. Symptoms of atrial flutter include blurlry vision, palpitations, lightheadedness shortness of breath, fatigue, and near-fainting. The cause of atrial flutter and its triggers are not known. Medications and heart procedures are used in the treatment atrial flutter.
- HypothyroidismSource: MedicineNet
Hypothyroidism means underactive thyroid. Symptoms of hypothyroidism can vary from mild to severe. Common symptoms of hypothyroidism are weight gain and fatigue. People with subclinical hypothyroidism don't have signs or symptoms. The most common cause of overactive thyroid is Hashimoto's thyroiditis. Blood tests diagnose hypothyroidism, and the treatment depends on what is causing it.
- Hyperthyroidism Source: MedicineNet
Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid) is a condition involving an overproduction of thyroid hormones. Learn about causes, symptoms and tests for hyperthyroidism. Treatments include medication, radioactive iodine and thyroidectomy (surgery to remove the thyroid).
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED, Impotence)Source: MedicineNet
Erectile dysfunction (ED, impotence) is the failure to achieve or maintain an erection. Learn about ED causes, symptoms, treatment, medications, risks, and ED drug side effects. ED is curable.
- Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia (PSVT)Source: MedicineNet
Paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia (PSVT) is a heart condition involving an abnormal conduction of electricity in particular areas of the heart. PVST symptoms include weakness, shortness of breath, chest pressure, lightheadedness, and palpitations. PSVT treatment can include medications or ablation.
- Liver Blood TestsSource: MedicineNet
Learn about liver blood tests used to detect liver damage disease such as fatty liver, cirrhosis, hepatitis, and Tylenol liver damage. This includes measuring the aminotransferases enzymes (AST and ALT levels).
- Serious Bradycardia Risk With Amiodarone Plus Hep-C AntiviralsSource: WebMD Health News
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is updating labeling information for the hepatitis C antivirals ledipasvir/sofosbuvir (Harvoni, Gilead Sciences) and sofosbuvir (Sovaldi, Gilead Sciences) after their manufacturer reported bradycardia, pacemaker intervention, and even death in patients who took the medications along with the antiarrhythmic agent amiodarone.
- FDA Approves Epclusa for Treatment of Chronic Hepatitis C Virus InfectionSource: FDA
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved Epclusa to treat adult patients with chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) both with and without cirrhosis (advanced liver disease).