- Brand: AmbisomeGeneric: Amphotericin B
- Brand: AbelcetGeneric: Amphotericin B Injection
- Brand: FungizoneGeneric: Amphotericin B
- Brand: CancidasGeneric: Caspofungin Acetate for Injection
- Brand: VfendGeneric: Voriconazole
- Brand: ImpavidoGeneric: Miltefosine Capsules
- Brand: SporanoxGeneric: Itraconazole Capsules
- Brand: Sporanox InjectionGeneric: Itraconazole Injection
- Brand: AncobonGeneric: Flucytosine
- Brand: TolsuraGeneric: Itraconazole Capsules
- Brand: PrevymisGeneric: Letermovir Tablets
- Brand: Aristocort Forte InjectionGeneric: Triamcinolone Diacetate
- Brand: Celestone SoluspanGeneric: Betamethasone Injectable Suspension
- Brand: DecadronGeneric: Dexamethasone
- Brand: Celestone SyrupGeneric: Betamethasone
- Brand: Flo-PredGeneric: Prednisolone Acetate Oral Suspension
- Brand: Kenalog 10 InjectionGeneric: Triamcinolone Acetonide Injectable Suspension
- Brand: Orapred ODTGeneric: Prednisolone Sodium Phosphate
- Brand: TriesenceGeneric: Triamcinolone Acetonide Injectable Suspension
- Brand: AristocortGeneric: Triamcinolone Diacetate Injectable Suspension
- Brand: Aristospan Injection 20 mgGeneric: Triamcinolone Hexacetonide Injectable Suspension
- Brand: Aristospan 5 mgGeneric: Triamcinolone Hexacetonide Injection 5 mg
- Brand: Depo MedrolGeneric: Methylprednisolone Acetate Injectable Suspension
- Brand: DexamethasoneGeneric: Dexamethasone
- Brand: Kenalog-40 InjectionGeneric: Triamcinolone Acetonide Injectable Suspension
- Brand: RayosGeneric: Prednisone Delayed-Release Tablets
- Brand: Solu CortefGeneric: Hydrocortisone Sodium Succinate
- Brand: Solu MedrolGeneric: Methylprednisolone sodium succinate
- Brand: TrivarisGeneric: Triamcinolone Acetonide Injectable Suspension
- Brand: LavivGeneric: Autologous Cellular Product for Intradermal Injection
- Brand: PrednisoneGeneric: Prednisone Tablets, USP
- Brand: EraxisGeneric: Anidulafungin
- Brand: RabavertGeneric: Rabies Vaccine
- Brand: ZilrettaGeneric: Triamcinolone Acetonide Extended-Release Injectable Suspension
- Brand: Sporanox Oral SolutionGeneric: Itraconazole Oral Solution
- Brand: TygacilGeneric: Tigecycline
- Brand: Fluconazole InjectionGeneric: Fluconazole Injection
Diseases, Conditions, and Procedures
- LeishmaniasisSource: MedicineNet
Leishmaniasis is a disease transmitted by the bite of an infected sand fly. See pictures and learn about treatment, symptoms, diagnosis, types, prevention, risk factors, and prognosis.
- MucormycosisSource: MedicineNet
Infection with the fungus Zygomycetes causes mucormycosis (zygomycosis). Symptoms and signs include fever, headache, coughing, shortness of breath, abdominal pain, bloody vomit, and possible altered mental status.
- Brain Eating Amoeba (Naegleria fowleri)Source: MedicineNet
Naegleria fowleri is sometimes called the brain-eating amoeba. Exposure to untreated warm freshwater in the summer is a risk factor. Read about symptoms, treatment, causes, prevention, and prognosis of Naegleria fowleri infection.
- Histoplasmosis (Cave Disease)Source: MedicineNet
Histoplasmosis, or cave disease, is a disease caused by a fungal infection. The symptoms are similar to those of pneumonia, and antifungal medications are used in treatment.
- SporotrichosisSource: Government
Read about sporotrichosis fungal skin infection symptoms, diagnosis, causes (fungus called Sporothrix schenckii), prevention, and treatment (medications).
- What Is Valley Fever (Coccidioidomycosis)?Source: MedicineNet
Valley fever (coccidioidomycosis) is a disease caused by the inhalation of the Coccidioides immitis or C. posadasii fungus. Symptoms are flu-like and resolve over two to six weeks. Infection typically requires no treatment, though there are many antifungal drugs to treat valley fever.
- Chlorhexidine Effective Against Candida auris BiofilmsSource: WebMD Health News
A combination of standard infection prevention measures and the use of disinfectant chlorhexidine should be used to combat the potential spread of Candida auris in hospital environments, according to a study published online January 11 in Emerging Infectious Diseases.
- Fungal Meningitis Q&ASource: WebMD Health News
Get answers to common questions about fungal meningitis.