- Brand: Tenormin Generic: Atenolol Tablets
- Brand: Tenormin I.V. InjectionGeneric: Atenolol Inj
- Brand: TenoreticGeneric: Atenolol and Chlorthalidone
- Brand: CozaarGeneric: Losartan Potassium
- Brand: HyzaarGeneric: Losartan Potassium-Hydrochlorothiazide
- Brand: AveloxGeneric: Moxifloxacin HCL
- Brand: KerloneGeneric: Betaxolol Hydrochloride
- Brand: ValturnaGeneric: Aliskiren and Valsartan, USP Tablets
- Brand: UroxatralGeneric: Alfuzosin HCl
- Brand: Diovan HCTGeneric: Valsartan and Hydrochlorothiazide
- Brand: JalynGeneric: Dutasteride and Tamsulosin Hydrochloride Capsules
- Brand: SularGeneric: Nisoldipine
- Brand: DiovanGeneric: Valsartan
- Brand: ExforgeGeneric: Amlodipine and Valsartan
- Brand: KerledexGeneric: betaxolol hydrochloride and chlorthalidone
- Brand: CuvposaGeneric: Glycopyrrolate Oral Solution
- Brand: Exforge HCTGeneric: Amlodipine Valsartan Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets
- Brand: SectralGeneric: Acebutolol
Diseases, Conditions, and Procedures
- Hyperthyroidism Source: MedicineNet
Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid) is a condition involving an overproduction of thyroid hormones. Learn about causes, symptoms and tests for hyperthyroidism. Treatments include medication, radioactive iodine and thyroidectomy (surgery to remove the thyroid).
- Atrial Fibrillation (AFib) Treatment DrugsSource: MedicineNet
Atrial fibrillation (AFib) is an abnormal heart rhythm that causes an irregular and rapid heartbeat. Medications to treat AFib include beta-blockers, blood thinners, and heart rhythm drugs. AFib medications can cause side effects.
- Atrial Flutter: ECG, Symptoms, and TreatmentsSource: MedicineNet
Atrial flutter is a type of arrhythmia in which there is a problem with the heart's electrical system. Symptoms of atrial flutter include blurlry vision, palpitations, lightheadedness shortness of breath, fatigue, and near-fainting. The cause of atrial flutter and its triggers are not known. Medications and heart procedures are used in the treatment atrial flutter.
- Mitral Valve Prolapse Source: MedicineNet
Mitral valve prolapse is the most common abnormality of the heart valve. Most people with mitral valve prolapse do not have symptoms or signs and do not require treatment. However, when symptoms of mitral valve prolapse or complications do occur, they include anxiety, sharp chest pain, palpitations, and migraines. Some people may need medications, and rarely, surgery to repair the heart valve.
- DizzinessSource: MedicineNet
Read about the causes of dizziness including low blood pressure, anemia, dehydration, vertigo, medications, alcohol use, and pregnancy. How to get rid of dizziness, diagnosis, and treatment information is also included.
- Raynaud's PhenomenonSource: MedicineNet
Raynaud's phenomenon symptoms and signs include the fingers turning white, then blue, and then red after exposure to cold temperature or emotional events. Read about treatment, causes, and diagnosis, plus, see pictures.
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) Source: MedicineNet
What is heart bypass surgery through coronary artery bypass graft, (CABG)? Learn how coronary artery disease is diagnosed, treated, recovery time, risks and complications, and the long term results after CABG. Discover the definition of coronary artery bypass graft.
- Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI)Source: MedicineNet
Information on coronary balloon angioplasty and stents. Angioplasty and stent placement is a nonsurgical procedure performed to relieve narrowing or obstruction of the arteries to the muscles of the heart.
- Heart Attack TreatmentSource: MedicineNet
Read about heart attack (myocardial infarction) treatment, including medications such as antiplatelet agents, aspirin, ACE inhibitors, beta blockers, nitrates, stents, and surgery. Read about heart attack (myocardial infarction) symptoms, treatment options, guidelines, and surgery.
- Things to Know About High Blood Pressure TreatmentSource: MedicineNet
Treatment for high blood pressure includes lifestyle modifications (alcohol, smoking, coffee, salt, diet, exercise), drugs, and medications. Learn about alternative treatment, prevention, risks, and complications.
- Atrial Fibrillation (AFib)Source: MedicineNet
Atrial fibrillation (AFib) is a common heart rhythm abnormality with symptoms like dizziness, fainting, weakness, fatigue, and shortness of breath. Types of AFib include paroxysmal and nonvalvular.
- Heart FailureSource: MedicineNet
Heart failure symptoms include fatigue, nausea, coughing, lightheadedness, and loss of appetite. Learn about heart failure stages, types (diastolic, systolic), treatment guidelines, diet, prognosis, and life expectancy.