- Brand: LipitorGeneric: Atorvastatin Calcium
- Brand: CaduetGeneric: Amlodipine Besylate, Atorvastatin Calcium
- Brand: LiptruzetGeneric: Ezetimibe and Atorvastatin Tablets
- Brand: ZetiaGeneric: Ezetimibe Tablets
- Brand: LivaloGeneric: Pitavastatin
- Brand: ZypitamagGeneric: Pitavastatin Tablets for Oral Use
- Brand: VytorinGeneric: Ezetimibe and Simvastatin
- Brand: NikitaGeneric: Pitavastatin
- Brand: TrilipixGeneric: Fenofibric Acid Capsules
- Brand: RepathaGeneric: Evolocumab Injection, for Subcutaneous Injection
- Brand: CrestorGeneric: Rosuvastatin Calcium
- Brand: DuaveeGeneric: Conjugated Estrogens and Bazedoxifene Tablets
- Brand: WelcholGeneric: Colesevelam Hcl
- Brand: KetekGeneric: Telithromycin
- Brand: QualaquinGeneric: Quinine Sulfate Capsules
- Brand: PrevymisGeneric: Letermovir Tablets
- Brand: PrezcobixGeneric: Darunavir and Cobicistat Tablets
- Brand: SerzoneGeneric: Nefazodone
- Brand: ViraceptGeneric: Nelfinavir Mesylate
- Brand: Soliqua InjectionGeneric: Insulin Glargine and Lixisenatide
- Brand: SymtuzaGeneric: Darunavir, Cobicistat, Emtricitabine, and Tenofovir Alafenamide Tablets
- Brand: AdlyxinGeneric: Lixisenatide Injection
- Brand: Biaxin, Biaxin XLGeneric: Clarithromycin
- Brand: IntelenceGeneric: Entravirine Tablets
- Brand: CresembaGeneric: Isavuconazonium Sulfate Injection and Capsules
- Brand: JuxtapidGeneric: Lomitapide Capsules
- Brand: LovazaGeneric: Omega-3-Acid Ethyl Esters
- Brand: InviraseGeneric: Saquinavir Mesylate
- Brand: LexivaGeneric: Fosamprenavir Calcium
- Brand: VictrelisGeneric: Boceprevir Capsules
- Brand: SaxendaGeneric: Liraglutide [rDNA Origin]) Injection
- Brand: TekamloGeneric: Aliskiren and Amlodipine Tablets
- Brand: VascepaGeneric: Icosapent Ethyl Capsules
- Brand: ZortressGeneric: Everolimus
- Brand: GenvoyaGeneric: Elvitegravir, Cobicistat, Emtricitabine, and Tenofovir Alafenamide Tablets
- Brand: NorvirGeneric: Ritonavir Capsules, Oral Solution
- Brand: TybostGeneric: Cobicistat Tablets
- Brand: JulucaGeneric: Dolutegravir and Rilpivirine Tablets, for Oral Use
- Brand: Xultophy InjectionGeneric: Insulin Degludec and Liraglutide
- Brand: AptivusGeneric: Tipranavir
- Brand: Norvir Soft Gelatin CapsulesGeneric: Ritonavir
- Brand: StribildGeneric: Elvitegravir, Cobicistat, Emtricitabine, Tenofovir DF
- Brand: CompleraGeneric: Emtricitabine/Rilpivirine/Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate Tablets
- Brand: ContraveGeneric: Naltrexone HCl and Bupropion HCl Extended-Release Tablets
- Brand: EdurantGeneric: Rilpivirine Tablets
- Brand: OdefseyGeneric: Emtricitabine, Rilpivirine, and Tenofovir Alafenamide Fixed-dose Combination Tablets
- Brand: VictozaGeneric: Liraglutide [rDNA] Injection
- Brand: AzorGeneric: Amlodipine and Olmesartan Medoxomil Tablets
- Brand: DemulenGeneric: Ethinyl Estradiol and Ethynodiol Diacetate
- Brand: EpclusaGeneric: Sofosbuvir and Velpatasvir Fixed-dose Combination Tablets
- Brand: LotrelGeneric: Amlodipine Besylate and Benazepril HCl
- Brand: OmtrygGeneric: Omega-3-Acid Ethyl Esters A Capsules
- Brand: MavyretGeneric: glecaprevir and pibrentasvir
Slideshows, Images, and Quizzes
- Cholesterol Drugs: What to Expect With Heart MedicationSource: OnHealth
Has your doctor prescribed a new heart medication? Learn more about different prescription cholesterol drugs, what they do, and how they work to lower cholesterol.
Diseases, Conditions, and Procedures
- Cholesterol (Lowering Your Cholesterol)Source: MedicineNet
Read about cholesterol management including what cholesterol test results, ratios, and different levels mean. Learn about cholesterol medications, goals for treatment, and foods and dietary strategies to balance cholesterol levels.
- C-Reactive Protein (CRP) TestSource: MedicineNet
What is the normal level of C-Reactive protein (CRP) in the blood? C-reactive protein (CRP) is a marker of inflammation in the body, and it is produced by the liver. Elevated levels of C-reactive protein in the blood indicate inflammation, infections, heart attacks, and cancers.
- Red Yeast Rice and CholesterolSource: MedicineNet
Red yeast rice is a product of rice fermented with Monascus purpureus yeast. It maintains desirable cholesterol levels in healthy people and reduces cholesterol in people with high cholesterol. Its possible side effects and drug interactions are similar to statins.
- Lower Cholesterol Levels with Diet and MedicationsSource: MedicineNet
High-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol is considered "good" cholesterol because it actually works to keep the LDL or "bad" cholesterol from building up in your arteries. Foods like extra lean meats, skim milk, and vegetable-based "butter-like" substitutes may help decrease LDL levels in the bloodstream.
- RhabdomyolysisSource: MedicineNet
Rhabdomyolysis is the rapid destruction of skeletal muscle. Some causes include medications (statins), extreme exercise, drugs or alcohol, electrolyte imbalances, viruses, infection, severe hypothyroidism, Haff disease, and more.
- Bladder CancerSource: MedicineNet
Read about bladder cancer symptoms, signs, treatment, prognosis, survival rates, staging, and causes. Find out how bladder tumors are diagnosed and about the different types of bladder cancer.
- Liver Blood TestsSource: MedicineNet
Learn about liver blood tests used to detect liver damage disease such as fatty liver, cirrhosis, hepatitis, and Tylenol liver damage. This includes measuring the aminotransferases enzymes (AST and ALT levels).
- FDA Approves First Generic Version of LipitorSource: WebMD Health News
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved the first generic version of the cholesterol-lowering drug Lipitor (atorvastatin calcium tablets).
- FAQ: Generic LipitorSource: WebMD Health News
Will generic Lipitor be the same? Can I still get brand-name Lipitor? Should I switch to Lipitor? Should I switch to another statin drug? How much will generic Lipitor cost? Check out WebMD's FAQ on generic Lipitor and more.
- Generic Lipitor RecallSource: WebMD Health News
Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals Inc., one of the major makers of generic Lipitor, has issued a massive recall of the cholesterol-cutting tablets, which may be contaminated with tiny glass shards.