- Brand: ZithromaxGeneric: Azithromycin
- Brand: Zithromax InjectionGeneric: Azithromycin
- Brand: ZmaxGeneric: Azithromycin
- Brand: AzasiteGeneric: Azithromycin Ophthalmic Solution
- Brand: Trovan - ZithromaxGeneric: Trovafloxacin and Azithromycin
- Brand: DiflucanGeneric: Fluconazole
- Brand: Fluconazole InjectionGeneric: Fluconazole Injection
- Brand: Zyrtec-DGeneric: Cetirizine, Pseudoephedrine
- Brand: DuaveeGeneric: Conjugated Estrogens and Bazedoxifene Tablets
- Brand: VenclextaGeneric: Venetoclax Tablets
- Brand: ViraceptGeneric: Nelfinavir Mesylate
Diseases, Conditions, and Procedures
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)Source: MedicineNet
Common sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) in women include gonorrhea, chlamydia, genital herpes, and HPV infection (genital warts). Learn about types, symptoms, and treatment.
- TyphusSource: MedicineNet
Typhus is a disease caused by bacteria often transmitted by fleas, ticks, and lice. Get information about typhus causes, symptoms, history, treatment, diagnosis, prevention, and prognosis.
- Is Chlamydia Contagious?Source: MedicineNet
Chlamydia is a sexually transmitted disease (STD) and bacterial infection. Learn about the contagious period and incubation period for chlamydia, find out how people transmit chlamydia and read about chlamydia symptoms and signs (discharge), treatments, and diagnosis.
- Gonorrhea In WomenSource: MedicineNet
Gonorrhea in women causes symptoms like burning, itching, frequent urination, redness, swelling, and vaginal discharge. Gonorrhea treatment includes oral medications and injectable medication.
- Brain Eating Amoeba (Naegleria fowleri)Source: MedicineNet
Naegleria fowleri is sometimes called the brain-eating amoeba. Exposure to untreated warm freshwater in the summer is a risk factor. Read about symptoms, treatment, causes, prevention, and prognosis of Naegleria fowleri infection.
- Streptococcal InfectionsSource: MedicineNet
Symptoms and signs of group A streptococcal infections include sore throat, fever, swollen lymph nodes, rash, low blood pressure, and tissue destruction. Read about treatment, contagious, diagnosis, and complications.
- CellulitisSource: MedicineNet
Get information on cellulitis (noncontagious spreading bacterial skin infection) treatment, causes, symptoms (pain, redness, swelling), antibiotics, and complications. See a picture of cellulitis.
- ChlamydiaSource: MedicineNet
Chlamydia is a sexually transmitted disease or STD. Transmission of the infection occurs through oral, vaginal, or anal sex. Chlamydia often has no symptoms, but if left untreated, it can cause serious health problems, and it can increase your risk of getting an HIV infection.
- Cough: 19 Tips on How to Stop a CoughSource: MedicineNet
How can you stop a cough naturally? Learn about 19 tips to stop nighttime and persistent cough. Causes of excessive coughing include prescription medications, allergies, cigarette smoke, heart disease, and infections. Home remedies include natural herbs and supplements like ginger, honey, turmeric, and mint.
- Cystic AcneSource: MedicineNet
Cystic acne is the most severe form of acne and is characterized by painful nodules on the face, back, chest, and neck. Read about treatment, medications, home remedies, and causes.
- PANDASSource: MedicineNet
An autoimmune response to a strep infection causes PANDAS. Symptoms mimic those of OCD and ADHD and include motor and verbal tics. Get information about PANDAS treatment and prognosis.
- TrachomaSource: MedicineNet
Trachoma is an infectious disease caused by the Chlamydia trachomatis bacteria. Read about treatment, symptoms, signs, causes, prevention, research, diagnosis, prognosis, and complications.
- What Is Yaws?Source: MedicineNet
Yaws is an infectious disease that mainly occurs in the tropical areas of South and Central America, Asia, Africa, and the Pacific Islands. The disease is caused by a bacterium called Treponema pertenue, which causes lesions that look like bumps on the skin of the feet, hands, face, and genital area. Yaws is treated with penicillin or another antibiotic.
- CholeraSource: MedicineNet
Cholera is an infectious disease that can cause signs and symptoms like severe watery diarrhea and dehydration. Ingestion of the bacterium Vibrio cholerae causes cholera.
- Chronic BronchitisSource: MedicineNet
Chronic bronchitis is different from acute bronchitis in that it involves a cough that lasts for at least 3 months, 2 years in a row. Signs and symptoms are cough and sputum production (the most common symptoms), wheezing, shortness of breath, and fatigue.
- Dry EyesSource: MedicineNet
Read about dry eyes (dry eye syndrome, keratoconjunctivitis sicca). Learn about the causes, symptoms, and treatment of dry eyes.
- Travel MedicineSource: MedicineNet
Get travel tips on preventing and treating traveler's diarrhea, malaria, yellow fever, hepatitis A, typhoid fever, polio, cholera, and meningococcal meningitis.
- Whooping Cough (Pertussis)Source: MedicineNet
Read about the whooping cough vaccine (DTaP, Tdap), treatment, symptoms, stages, causes (Bordetella pertussis), and prevention. Whooping cough gets its name from the high-pitched whoop sound that follows a series of rapid coughs.
- Chronic CoughSource: MedicineNet
Chronic cough in children and adults is a persistent cough. Causes of chronic cough include colds, GERD, bronchitis, drugs, and smoking. Chronic coughs can be dry, wet, or whooping. Other symptoms of a chronic cough are sore throat, heartburn, or a stuffy nose. Treatment for a chronic cough is aimed at the cause. Learn about 5 types, 10 home remedies, and 5 prevention tips.
- Antibiotic Resistance (Drug Resistance, Antimicrobial Resistance)Source: MedicineNet
Overuse of antibiotics and other problems have caused antibiotic resistance among some bacteria, leading to stubborn bacterial infections with symptoms that don't respond well to treatment. Learn more about antibiotic resistance in bacteria and fungi.
- Strep ThroatSource: MedicineNet
Strep throat is a contagious bacterial infection of the throat area. Symptoms and signs include fever, sore throat, headache, nausea, and vomiting. Strep throat is treated with antibiotics. OTC medications and home remedies can be used to soothe the symptoms caused by strep throat.
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)Source: MedicineNet
The human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) causes HIV infection and the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). HIV symptoms and signs include rash, fatigue, enlarged lymph glands, and recurrent vaginal yeast infections. Read about HIV testing, treatment, transmission, and prevention.
- Vaginitis (Inflammation of the Vagina)Source: MedicineNet
In vaginitis, the vagina becomes inflamed caused by infections, poor hygiene, or medical conditions. Common symptoms of vaginitis are vaginal pain, discomfort, odor, discharge, or itching. Risk factors for vaginitis include STDs, cigarette smoking, douching, using IUDs, and multiple sex partners. Antibiotics may be prescribed to treat vaginitis.
- BlepharitisSource: MedicineNet
Eyelid inflammation (blepharitis) may be caused by Staphylococcal infection, allergies, or head lice. Blepharitis, in turn, may cause styes, pinkeye, and chalazions. Learn more about symptoms, home remedies, and treatment, and see pictures.
- Rheumatic FeverSource: MedicineNet
Rheumatic fever is a disease brought on by group A streptococcal infection. Get the facts on causes, symptoms and signs (rash, chorea, arthralgia), treatment, diagnosis, and prevention.
- STDs in MenSource: MedicineNet
Symptoms of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) in men include painful urination, bumps or sores on the penis, and penile discharge and itching. Learn about the most common STDs in men, treatment, testing, and prevention.