- Brand: Actonel with CalciumGeneric: Risedronate Sodium with Calcium Carbonate
- Brand: Rosuvastatin Calcium TabletsGeneric: rosuvastatin calcium
- Brand: Leucovorin Calcium InjectionGeneric: Leucovorin Calcium
- Brand: Calcium Disodium VersenateGeneric: Edetate Calcium Disodium Injection
- Brand: Ca-DTPAGeneric: Pentetate Calcium Trisodium Inj
- Brand: NatparaGeneric: Parathyroid Hormone for Injection
- Brand: ForteoGeneric: Teriparatide (rDNA origin) Injection
- Brand: Calcium Chloride Injection 10%Generic: Calcium Chloride
- Brand: Calcium GluconateGeneric: Calcium Gluconate
- Brand: Dianeal Low CalciumGeneric: Low Calcium Peritoneal Dialysis Solutions
- Brand: Levoleucovorin calciumGeneric: Levoleucovorin calcium Injection
- Brand: Urocit-KGeneric: Potassium Citrate Extended-Release Tablets
- Brand: RocaltrolGeneric: Calcitriol
- Brand: PhosloGeneric: Calcium Acetate Tablet
- Brand: Generic:
- Brand: SensiparGeneric: Cinacalcet
- Brand: ArediaGeneric: Pamidronate Disodium
- Brand: Calcijex InjectionGeneric: Calcitrol
- Brand: SafyralGeneric: Drospirenone/Ethinyl Estradiol/Levomefolate Calcium Tablets and Levomefolate
- Brand: Pamidronate Disodium InjectionGeneric: Pamidronate Disodium Injection
- Brand: EliphosGeneric: Calcium Acetate Tablets
- Brand: HectorolGeneric: Doxercalciferol Liquid Filled Capsule
- Brand: Hectorol InjectionGeneric: Doxercalciferol Injection
- Brand: Leucovorin CalciumGeneric: Leucovorin Calcium Tablets
- Brand: BeyazGeneric: Drospirenone/Ethinyl Estradiol/ Levomefolate Calcium Tablets and Levomefolate Calcuim Tablets
- Brand: CaduetGeneric: Amlodipine Besylate, Atorvastatin Calcium
- Brand: ParsabivGeneric: Etelcalcetide for Injection
- Brand: Dianeal PD-1Generic: Peritoneal Dialysis Solution
- Brand: Dianeal PD-2Generic: Peritoneal Dialysis Solution
- Brand: Zemplar CapsulesGeneric: Paricalcitol
- Brand: VeltassaGeneric: Patiromer Powder for Suspension in Water for Oral Administration
- Brand: Zemplar Generic: Paricalcitol Tablets
- Brand: Zemplar Generic: Paricalcitol Tablets
- Brand: MiacalcinGeneric: Calcitonin-Salmon
- Brand: AtelviaGeneric: Risedronate Sodium Delayed-Release Tablets
- Brand: LexivaGeneric: Fosamprenavir Calcium
- Brand: Bactroban CreamGeneric: Mupirocin Calcium Cream
- Brand: CrestorGeneric: Rosuvastatin Calcium
- Brand: LiptruzetGeneric: Ezetimibe and Atorvastatin Tablets
- Brand: BinostoGeneric: Alendronate Sodium Effervescent Tablets
- Brand: Boniva Generic: Ibandronate Sodium
- Brand: ProliaGeneric: Denosumab Injection
- Brand: ReclastGeneric: Zoledronic Acid Injection
- Brand: Procardia XLGeneric: Nifedipine Extended Release Tablets
- Brand: ActonelGeneric: Risedronate Sodium
- Brand: Fosamax Plus DGeneric: Alendronate Sodium and Cholecalciferol
- Brand: DemulenGeneric: Ethinyl Estradiol and Ethynodiol Diacetate
- Brand: Bactroban NasalGeneric: Mupirocin Calcium Ointment
- Brand: FosamaxGeneric: Alendronate Sodium
- Brand: RocephinGeneric: Ceftriaxone
- Brand: ZometaGeneric: Zoledronic Acid for Inj
- Brand: DrisdolGeneric: Ergocalciferol Capsules
- Brand: LipitorGeneric: Atorvastatin Calcium
- Brand: Boniva InjectionGeneric: Ibandronate Sodium Injection
- Brand: Adalat CCGeneric: Nifedipine
- Brand: Afeditab CRGeneric: Nifedipine Extended-Release Tablets
- Brand: SularGeneric: Nisoldipine
- Brand: CardizemGeneric: Diltiazem Hydrochloride
- Brand: Cardizem CDGeneric: Diltiazem HCl
- Brand: Cartia XTGeneric: Diltiazem Hydrochloride Extended Release Capsules
- Brand: RayaldeeGeneric: Calcifediol Extended-release Capsules
- Brand: ForticalGeneric: Calcitonin-Salmon (rDNA origin)
- Brand: CampralGeneric: Acamprosate Calcium
- Brand: EzallorGeneric: Rosuvastatin Calcium Tablets
- Brand: VascorGeneric: Bepridil
- Brand: CeftriaxoneGeneric: Ceftriaxone Sodium and Dextrose Injection
- Brand: NalfonGeneric: Fenoprofen Calcium
- Brand: Clinimix EGeneric: Amino Acids with Electrolytes in Dextrose with Calcium Injection
- Brand: Verelan PMGeneric: Verapamil Hydrochloride
- Brand: TaclonexGeneric: Calcipotriene and Betamethasone Dipropionate
- Brand: EtrafonGeneric: Perphenazine and Amitriptyline
- Brand: XgevaGeneric: Denosumab
- Brand: EndrateGeneric: Edetate
- Brand: CalanGeneric: Verapamil HCl
- Brand: MellarilGeneric: Thioridazine HCl
- Brand: Covera-HSGeneric: Verapamil
- Brand: AmlobenzGeneric: Amlodipine Besylate and Benazepril Hydrochloride Capsules
- Brand: DhtGeneric: Dihydrotachysterol
- Brand: Taclonex ScalpGeneric: Calcipotriene and Betamethasone Dipropionate Topical Suspension
- Brand: Mupirocin CreamGeneric: mupirocin cream
- Brand: Dovonex CreamGeneric: Calcipotriene Cream
- Brand: VerelanGeneric: Verapamil Hydrochloride
- Brand: FoscavirGeneric: Foscarnet Sodium Injection
- Brand: NorvascGeneric: Amlodipine Besylate
- Brand: AzorGeneric: Amlodipine and Olmesartan Medoxomil Tablets
- Brand: TekamloGeneric: Aliskiren and Amlodipine Tablets
- Brand: Liposyn III 30Generic: Liposyn III 30 Intravenous Far Emulsion
- Brand: Dantrium IVGeneric: Dantrolene Sodium for Injection
- Brand: Calan SRGeneric: Verapamil Hydrochloride Sustained-Release Oral Caplets
- Brand: CalciferolGeneric: Ergocalciferol
- Brand: Isoptin SRGeneric: Verapamil Hydrochloride Tablet
- Brand: KhapzoryGeneric: Levoleucovorin Injection
- Brand: ProcardiaGeneric: Nifedipine
- Brand: Revonto Generic: Revonto Dantroene Sodium Injection
- Brand: MultaqGeneric: Dronedarone Tablets
- Brand: LotrelGeneric: Amlodipine Besylate and Benazepril HCl
- Brand: PrestaliaGeneric: Perindopril Arginine and Amlodipine Tablets
- Brand: Prempro, PremphaseGeneric: Conjugated Estrogens, Medroxyprogesterone Acetate
- Brand: RyanodexGeneric: Dantrolene Sodium Injectable Suspension
- Brand: TwynstaGeneric: Telmisartan Amlodipine Tablets
- Brand: EtheDentGeneric: Sodium Fluoride
- Brand: K-Phos Neutral Generic: Potassium and Sodium Phosphate
- Brand: Vectical OintmentGeneric: Calcitriol Ointment
- Brand: TymlosGeneric: Abaloparatide Injection
- Brand: Exforge HCTGeneric: Amlodipine Valsartan Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets
- Brand: TribenzorGeneric: Olmesartan Medoxomil Amlodipine Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets
- Brand: PlegisolGeneric: Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Calcium Chloride, and Magnesium Chloride Injection Solution
- Brand: XofigoGeneric: Radium Ra 223 Dichloride
- Brand: TimolideGeneric: Timolol Maleate-Hydrochlorothiazide
- Brand: DeltasoneGeneric: Prednisone
- Brand: LevoleucovorinGeneric: Levoleucovorin
- Brand: Niferex-150 ForteGeneric: Polysaccharide-Iron Complex Capsules
- Brand: Dynacirc CRGeneric: Isradipine
- Brand: HextendGeneric: 6% Hetastarch in Lactated Electrolyte Injection
- Brand: VisipaqueGeneric: Iodixanol Injectable Contrast Medium for for Intravascular Use
- Brand: SoriluxGeneric: Calcipotriene Foam
- Brand: Amturnide Generic: Aliskiren, Amlodipine and Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets
- Brand: ConcensiGeneric: Amlodipine and Celecoxib Tablet
- Brand: ExforgeGeneric: Amlodipine and Valsartan
- Brand: PromactaGeneric: Eltrombopag Tablets
- Brand: BiktarvyGeneric: Bictegravir, Emtricitabine, and Tenofovir Alafenamide Tablets
- Brand: CapozideGeneric: Captopril and Hydrochlorothiazide
- Brand: Cardene SRGeneric: Nicardipine Hydrochloride Sustained Release Capsules
- Brand: DynacircGeneric: Isradipine
- Brand: Lactated Ringer'sGeneric: Lactated Ringer's Injection
- Brand: Rythmol SRGeneric: Propafenose Hydrochloride Extended Release Capsules
- Brand: Niferex Gold TabletsGeneric: Ferrous Bis-Glycinate Chelate and Polysaccharide Iron Complex
- Brand: RelistorGeneric: Methylnaltrexone Bromide Injection
- Brand: SteritalcGeneric: Talc For Intrapleural Administration
- Brand: RenagelGeneric: Sevelamer Hcl
- Brand: Dovonex ScalpGeneric: Calcipotriene Solution
- Brand: TarkaGeneric: Trandolapril and Verapamil ER
- Brand: Sodium BicarbonateGeneric: Sodium Bicarbonate 5% Injection
- Brand: CorzideGeneric: Nadolol and Bendroflumethiazide
- Brand: EvistaGeneric: Raloxifene
- Brand: OnmelGeneric: Itraconazole Oral Administration
- Brand: Verapamil HydrochlorideGeneric: Verapamil Hydrochloride Injection
- Brand: AloraGeneric: Estradiol Transdermal System
- Brand: Dovonex OintmentGeneric: Calcipotriene Ointment
- Brand: BetimolGeneric: Timolol Ophthalmic Solution
- Brand: DidronelGeneric: Etidronate Disodium
- Brand: RenacidinGeneric: Citric Acid, Glucono-Delta-Lactone and Magnesium Carbonate Irrigation
- Brand: Chlor-TrimetonGeneric: Chlorpheniramine Maleate
- Brand: Aminosyn II 8.5%Generic: Amino Acid Injection with Electrolytes
- Brand: ArtissGeneric: Fibrin Sealant (Human)] Frozen Solution
- Brand: ZyloprimGeneric: Allopurinol
- Brand: TiazacGeneric: Diltiazem Hcl
- Brand: IstalolGeneric: Timolol Maleate Ophthalmic Solution
- Brand: TimopticGeneric: Timolol Maleate Ophthalmic Solution
- Brand: Timoptic in OcudoseGeneric: Timolol Maleate Ophthalmic Solution
- Brand: Timoptic-XEGeneric: Timolol Maleate Ophthalmic Gel Forming Solution
- Brand: EnstilarGeneric: Calcipotriene and Betamethasone Dipropionate Foam, 0.005%/0.064%
- Brand: MithracinGeneric: Plicamycin
- Brand: Isovue-MGeneric: Iopamidol Injection
- Brand: Optiray InjectionGeneric: Ioversol Injection
- Brand: Plasma-Lyte M and 5% Dextrose InjectionGeneric: Multiple Electrolytes and Dextrose Injection
- Brand: RotarixGeneric: Rotavirus Vaccine, Live, Oral Suspension
- Brand: Aminosyn ElectrolytesGeneric: Crystalline Amino Acid Solution with Electrolytes
- Brand: Aminosyn Sulfite FreeGeneric: Crystalline Amino Acid Solution
- Brand: JinteliGeneric: Norethindrone Acetate and Ethinyl Estradiol Tablets, USP
- Brand: QuadrametGeneric: Samarium SM 153 Lexidronam
- Brand: DutoprolGeneric: Metroprolol
- Brand: KetekGeneric: Telithromycin
Slideshows, Images, and Quizzes
- 15 Delicious Calcium-Rich DishesSource: WebMD - Health Tools
Tender stuffed chicken, Spanish cheese, and almond cake top this photo gallery of delicious food packed with calcium.
- Osteoporosis Super-Foods for Strong Bones With PicturesSource: WebMD - Health Tools
WebMD shows you how to build strong bones -- and stave off osteoporosis -- through a diet rich in high-calcium foods that might surprise you.
- What Is Osteoporosis? Treatment, Symptoms, MedicationSource: OnHealth
What are the first signs of osteoporosis? A disease characterized by low bone mass and density. Osteoporosis causes symptoms of weak, thin, fragile bones. Learn the treatments and medications used to fight osteoporosis.
- Nutritional Health: 19 Key Vitamins and Minerals Your Body NeedsSource: OnHealth Optimized
Minerals and vitamins are key nutrients your body needs to thrive. Vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin D, vitamin E, niacin, and riboflavin are just a few of these nutrients. Some vitamins act as antioxidants. Minerals serve many vital roles.
- Vitamin D Deficiency: How Much Vitamin D Is Enough?Source: OnHealth Optimized
What does vitamin D do? Learn about vitamin D benefits and discover foods that are high in vitamin D. Explore vitamin D deficiency symptoms and the safest ways to get enough vitamin D.
- Osteoporosis Quiz: What is Osteoporosis?Source: RxList
Take this osteoporosis quiz! Learn signs, symptoms, treatments, exercises, and how you can prevent bone loss and painful fractures associated with this degenerative disease.
- Vitamins and Supplements: Test Your Medical IQSource: RxList
There are certain essential vitamins the human body needs to supplement good health and proper function. Do you know what they are? Take our Vitamins & Supplements Quiz and get healthy!
- Colon Cancer: How Your Diet Can Affect Colorectal CancerSource: OnHealth Optimized
Diet, including nutrient, antioxidant, and vitamin intake, affects colon cancer risk. Certain dietary factors either decrease or increase the risk of colorectal cancer, breast cancer, and other diseases. Dietary factors may either inhibit or stimulate the development of cancer cells. Have a nutrition plan that decreases the risk.
- Heart Healthy Diet: 25 Foods You Should EatSource: OnHealth Optimized
What foods are heart healthy? Learn what foods help protect your cardiovascular system from heart attack, coronary heart disease, stroke, and cardiovascular disease. Plus, find easy meal recipes and menu ideas for more everyday heart benefit.
- Vitamin D Quiz: Test Your IQ of Dietary SupplementsSource: RxList
Could you be at risk for vitamin D deficiency? Take this online quiz to find out what your body and your bones may be missing.
- Picture of OsteoporosisSource: RxList
View an Illustration of Osteoporosis and learn more about Medical Anatomy.
- Healthy Aging: Vitamins You Need as You AgeSource: WebMD - Health Tools
Your body needs more of certain vitamins and minerals as you hit your 40s and beyond. Find out which ones will benefit you -- and which won't.
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension): Symptoms, Causes, TreatmentsSource: OnHealth Optimized
What causes high blood pressure (hypertension)? Know the warning signs and symptoms of high blood pressure. Read about high blood pressure medications, diet, and long term treatments.
- Diet and Nutrition Quiz: Plans & FactsSource: RxList
Take the Diet & Nutrition Quiz to learn more about healthy portions, nutrition, and how many fruits and vegetables you should consume per day.
- Vegetarian Diet: Benefits, Meat Substitutions, and Meal PlansSource: OnHealth Optimized
Vegetarian diet plans have benefits like weight loss and reduced risk of heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. Vegetarian diet recipes contain protein from beans, legumes, nuts, eggs, and dairy. Vegetarian diets confer health benefits if you eat this way even once or twice per week.
- Men's Health: What Foods Improve Male Health?Source: OnHealth Optimized
What foods have the most health benefits for men? For losing weight, gaining muscle, and lowering your risk of prostate cancer, check out these healthy foods. Choosing a diet focused on whole grains, fruits, and a variety of vegetables can lead to a longer life, fewer health problems, and a trim waistline. Learn more about the health advantages of various foods for guys.
Diseases, Conditions, and Procedures
- OsteoporosisSource: MedicineNet
Read about osteoporosis treatments, medication, causes, symptoms, signs, diagnosis, prevention (diet, weight-bearing exercise), risk factors (family history), and research. Osteoporosis is a condition marked by decreased bone density and strength, resulting in fragile bones.
- Hypercalcemia (Elevated Calcium Levels)Source: MedicineNet
Learn about hypercalcemia, or elevated levels of calcium in the blood. Conditions associated with hypercalcemia include hyperparathyroidism, lung and breast cancer, kidney failure, hyperthyroidism, and excess vitamin D or calcium.
- Vitamins and Calcium SupplementsSource: MedicineNet
Taking vitamins and calcium supplements can help you to meet your nutritional needs. Learn about vitamin deficiencies, drug interactions, food sources, health benefits, and overdose and absorption information.
- Parathyroidectomy SurgerySource: MedicineNet
Learn about parathyroidectomy, the removal of one or more of the parathyroid glands, a surgical procedure used to treat hyperparathyroidism. Discover parathyroidectomy complications, such as prolonged pain, impaired healing, permanent numbness of the neck skin, and scar formation.
- RicketsSource: MedicineNet
Rickets is caused by a deficiency of vitamin D, calcium, or phosphate. Get additional facts about symptoms and signs, treatment, causes, history, diagnosis, prognosis, and prevention.
- Muscle CrampsSource: MedicineNet
A muscle cramp is an involuntarily contracted muscle that won't relax. Get information on muscle cramps (charley horses), including leg cramps, causes (vitamin deficiency, drugs, lactic acid, dehydration, low calcium, potassium or magnesium), treatment, home remedies, and prevention.
- Things to Know About High Blood Pressure TreatmentSource: MedicineNet
Treatment for high blood pressure includes lifestyle modifications (alcohol, smoking, coffee, salt, diet, exercise), drugs, and medications. Learn about alternative treatment, prevention, risks, and complications.
- Disease Prevention & AwarenessSource: WebMD Weight Loss Clinic - Feature
Learn the essential elements of a healthy diet and proper nutrition for disease prevention.
- Vegetarian and Vegan DietSource: MedicineNet
Get the facts on the different types of vegetarian and vegan diets, the benefits and disadvantages of each diet, and see the vegan and vegetarian food pyramid guides. Learn about vitamins and supplements and recipe resources.
- Pregnancy Diet (Menu Plans)Source: MedicineNet
Learn about healthy eating during pregnancy, what foods to avoid, staying on a vegetarian diet, dealing with lactose intolerance, pregnancy food cravings, and foods to eat when you are not feeling well during pregnancy.
- Heart CT ScanSource: WebMD Medical Reference
Learn about the electron beam (Ultrafast) CT (EBCT) test used to detects calcium deposits, and help to evaluate future risk of heart disease.
- Kidney Stones (Nephrolithiasis)Source: MedicineNet
Kidney stones form when there is a decrease in urine volume and/or an excess of stone-forming substances in the urine. Read about kidney stone (mephrolithiasis) pain, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, surgery, causes, types, diet, and more.
- OsteopeniaSource: MedicineNet
Osteopenia is a bone condition characterized by bone loss that is not as severe as in osteoporosis. Read about treatment, symptoms, causes, diagnosis, medications, and prevention information.
- Broken BoneSource: MedicineNet
A broken bone is a fracture. There are different types of fractures and symptoms include pain, swelling, and discoloration of the skin around the injured area. Generally the recovery time for a broken bone is 4 to 6 weeks, depending on the circumstances of the injury.
- PerimenopauseSource: MedicineNet
Perimenopause is a part of a woman's transition into menopause. Symptoms can begin as early as age 44 and may include pain during sex or low sex drive, nausea, weight gain, mood changes, hot flashes, and elevated cholesterol levels. Some herbal supplements may help ease symptoms. Medications may be necessary to treat some women's symptoms.
- Vitamin D DeficiencySource: MedicineNet
Depression, thyroid problems, osteoporosis, allergies, and certain cancers have been tied to vitamin D deficiency. Read about vitamin D deficiency treatment, causes, symptoms, signs, diagnosis, and daily limits chart.
- Vitamins, Minerals and Nutritional SupplementsSource: WebMD Weight Loss Clinic - Expert Column
Find out how to get the vitamins and minerals you need through the nutrients in food and nutritional supplements.
- GERD (Acid Reflux, Heartburn)Source: MedicineNet
Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), also called acid reflux, can cause symptoms like heartburn, chest pain, regurgitation, and nausea. Learn about causes, diagnosis, treatment and prevention.
- AnginaSource: MedicineNet
Angina pectoris, or heart pain, is a symptom of another problem(s) with the heart. Heart disease is the most common type of angina. Angina is caused by insufficient oxygenated blood flow to the heart muscle. The pain from angina feels like a squeezing or pressure in the chest or heartburn.
- Lactose IntoleranceSource: MedicineNet
Lactose intolerance is an inability to digest and absorb the sugar in dairy products. Signs and symptoms are gas, diarrhea, and bloating. Foods that contain lactose include breads, processed foods, margarine, cereals, and lunch meats. There are several tests to diagnose lactose intolerance.
- Alcohol and NutritionSource: MedicineNet
Alcohol has a big nutritional impact. Therefore, it is important to understand how alcohol is processed by your body in order to appreciate how it affects blood alcohol concentration and blood sugar, impacts weight, and contributes to vitamin and mineral deficiencies.
- How Is Coronary Heart Disease Diagosed?Source: MedicineNet
Coronary heart disease or coronary artery disease (CAD) screening tests can be used to potentially prevent a heart attack or cardiac event in a person without heart disease symptoms, and can assist in diagnosing heart disease in individuals with heart disease symptoms. Coronary heart disease tests can include electrocardiogram (ECC, EKG), exercise stress test, radionuclide stress test, stress echocardiography, pharmacologic stress test, CT coronary angiogram, and coronary angiogram.
- Atrial Fibrillation (AFib) Treatment DrugsSource: MedicineNet
Atrial fibrillation (AFib) is an abnormal heart rhythm that causes an irregular and rapid heartbeat. Medications to treat AFib include beta-blockers, blood thinners, and heart rhythm drugs. AFib medications can cause side effects.
- Calcific BursitisSource: MedicineNet
Read about calcific bursitis, calcification of the bursa from chronic inflammation. Learn about causes, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment (cortisone injection, ice).
- SarcoidosisSource: MedicineNet
Read about sarcoidosis, a chronic lung disease. Learn causes, symptoms (cough, erythema nodosum, eye inflammation, fibrosis, granulomas), diagnosis, and treatment.
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis (PBC) TreatmentSource: MedicineNet
Primary biliary cirrhosis (PBC) treatment includes medications (for example, UDCA, corticosteroids, immunosuppressive drugs, and drugs to treat PBC symptoms) and sometimes surgery.
- Cancer Risk Factors and CausesSource: Government
Read about cancer risk factors and causes, such as age, family history, diet, alcohol and tobacco use, and exposure to sunlight, radiation, chemicals, viruses, and bacteria.
- 15 Top Pregnancy Power Foods (Superfoods)Source: MedicineNet
Read about pregnancy power foods or superfoods, which are healthy foods that provide nutrients for you and your growing baby. Learn why each food is healthy for you and your baby, and find out how to enjoy these power foods.
- Polymyositis and DermatomyositisSource: MedicineNet
Get information about polymyositis (PM) and dermatomyositis (DM) causes, symptoms, prognosis, medications, and treatment, plus, learn if it's hereditary.
- PseudogoutSource: MedicineNet
Pseudogout is joint inflammation caused by calcium pyrophosphate crystals. Learn about causes, symptoms (swelling), diagnosis, treatment, and prevention.
- Colon PolypsSource: MedicineNet
Colon polyps are fleshy growths inside the colon lining that may become cancerous. Symptoms include rectal bleeding. Learn about causes, signs, treatment, and how to prevent colon cancer.
- ConstipationSource: MedicineNet
Constipation is something that everyone has once in awhile. Medications, bowel habits, foods you eat, and laxatives all can cause occasional constipation. Home remedies and over-the-counter products generally treat occasional constipation. If you have constipation on a frequent basis, contact your doctor.
- Anal FissureSource: MedicineNet
Anal fissure (fissures) is a very painful condition caused by trauma to the anus and anal canal, which then cuts or tears the anus and anal canal tissue. These tears can be caused by straining to have a bowel movement, hard stools, and chronic episodes of diarrhea. Symptoms include rectal bleeding, anal itching, and painful bowel movements. Treatment includes cream, medicine, surgery, and diet.
- Colon Cancer PreventionSource: MedicineNet
Colon cancer is preventable and curable if it is detected early. Get information about risk factors, available screening procedures and tests, and genetic testing information for colon cancer.
- Bone Density ScanSource: MedicineNet
Get information on bone density scan for osteoporosis and osteopenia risk. Learn about bone mineral density, how the screening is done, and get an explanation of test results.
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) MedicationsSource: RxList
Learn about 10 types of high blood pressure (hypertension) medication, the selection of best HBP medications, drug list, side effects, drug interactions, and more.
- Types of Antacids MedicationsSource: RxList
Information about antacids used to treat heartburn, gastritis, esophagitis, duodenitis, ulcers, calcium deficiencies, hyperphosphatemia, low phosphate levels, and postmenopausal osteoporosis. Including side effects, types, uses, and drug interactions.
- Calcium channel blocker
- Calcium deficiency
- Calcium excess
- Deficiency, calcium
- Excess, calcium
- Dystrophic calcification
- Calcified granuloma
- CT, electron beam
- CT, Ultrafast
- Granuloma, calcified
- Ultrafast CT
- EBCT (electron beam computerized tomography)
- Calcinosis cutis
- HDR syndrome
- Syndrome, HDR
- Timothy syndrome
- Women's Health Initiative
- Cancer, multiple myeloma
- Multiple myeloma
- Pseudoxanthoma elasticum
- Thyroid gland
- Annexin A1
- Bartter syndrome
- Bursitis, calcific
- Gorham disease
- Osteolytic lesion
- Parathyroid gland
- Prothrombin time
- Pyrophosphate arthropathy
- Signal transduction
- Time, prothrombin
- Vitamin D3
- Calcification, nonarteriosclerotic cerebral
- Cerebral calcification, nonarteriosclerotic
- Cerebrovascular ferrocalcinosis
- Disease, Fahr
- Ferrocalcinosis, cerebrovascular
- SPD calcinosis
- Striopallidodentate calcinosis
- Syndrome, Fahr
- CalciumSource: Therapeutic Research Faculty
Learn more about Calcium health benefits, uses, side effects, effectiveness, safety, precautions, and warnings
- Calcium D-GlucarateSource: Therapeutic Research Faculty
Learn more about Calcium D-glucarate health benefits, uses, side effects, effectiveness, safety, precautions, and warnings