- Brand: Cefaclor Oral SuspensionGeneric: Cefaclor
- Brand: LorabidGeneric: Loracarbef
- Brand: OmnicefGeneric: Cefdinir
- Brand: ZagamGeneric: Sparfloxacin
Diseases, Conditions, and Procedures
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)Source: MedicineNet
Sinus infections (sinusitis) are infections or inflammation of the four sinus cavities. They can be caused by bacteria, viruses, allergies, smoking, and other environmental pollutants. Most sinus infections are not contagious and do not need treatment with antibiotics unless the infection is caused by bacteria or fungi. OTC, natural, and home remedies can help relieve symptoms like sinus headache and pressure. Complications are an infection that spreads to the brain, causing meningitis or brain abscess.