- Brand: NascobalGeneric: Cyanocobalamin
- Brand: CaloMist Nasal SprayGeneric: Cyanocobalamin
- Brand: Fosamax Plus DGeneric: Alendronate Sodium and Cholecalciferol
- Brand: Infuvite Pediatric IVGeneric: Multiple Vitamins for Injection
- Brand: MVIGeneric: Multi Vitamin Concentrate (intravenous infusion)
- Brand: Vitamin K1Generic: Aqueous Colloidal Solution of Vitamin K1
- Brand: B12Generic: Liver-Stomach Concentrate With Intrinsic Factor
- Brand: Ascorbic AcidGeneric: Vitamin C
- Brand: Infuvite Adult InjectionGeneric: Multiple Vitamins Injection
- Brand: Calcijex InjectionGeneric: Calcitrol
- Brand: Aminosyn RF 5.2% Sulfite FreeGeneric: Amino Acid Injection 5.2% Renal Formula
- Brand: MVI AdultGeneric: Multi-Vitamin Injection
- Brand: CernevitGeneric: Multivitamins for Infusion
- Brand: CyanocobalaminGeneric: Cyanocobalamin
- Brand: Infuvite Pediatric Pharmacy Bulk PackageGeneric: Multiple Vitamins For Infusion Pharmacy Bulk Package
- Brand: OnpattroGeneric: Patisiran Lipid Complex Injection
- Brand: NatparaGeneric: Parathyroid Hormone for Injection
- Brand: HectorolGeneric: Doxercalciferol Liquid Filled Capsule
- Brand: TegsediGeneric: Inotersen Injection
- Brand: NephramineGeneric: Essential Amino Acid Injection
- Brand: Aquasol AGeneric: Vitamin A
- Brand: XenicalGeneric: Orlistat 120 mg
- Brand: Infuvite Adult Pharmacy Bulk PackageGeneric: Multiple Vitamins for Infusion
- Brand: AlimtaGeneric: Pemetrexed
- Brand: AquaMEPHYTONGeneric: Phytonadione Injection
- Brand: Dovonex CreamGeneric: Calcipotriene Cream
- Brand: Dovonex ScalpGeneric: Calcipotriene Solution
- Brand: Poly-Vi-FlorGeneric: Multivitamin, Iron and Fluoride
- Brand: DrisdolGeneric: Ergocalciferol Capsules
- Brand: Dovonex OintmentGeneric: Calcipotriene Ointment
- Brand: MephytonGeneric: Phytonadione
- Brand: RocaltrolGeneric: Calcitriol
- Brand: Hectorol InjectionGeneric: Doxercalciferol Injection
- Brand: SmoflipidGeneric: Smoflipid
- Brand: ClinolipidGeneric: Lipid Injectable Emulsion for Intravenous Use
- Brand: RifadinGeneric: Rifampin
- Brand: CalciferolGeneric: Ergocalciferol
- Brand: KcentraGeneric: Prothrombin Complex Concentrate (Human)
- Brand: ASCOR Generic: Ascorbic Acid Injection for Intravenous Use
- Brand: RifaterGeneric: Rifampin, Isoniazid and Pyrazinamide
- Brand: AptivusGeneric: Tipranavir
- Brand: FolivaneGeneric: Multivitamin Capsules
- Brand: DesferalGeneric: Deferoxamine
- Brand: MiradonGeneric: Anisindione
- Brand: KabivenGeneric: Amino Acids, Electrolytes, Dextrose and Lipid Injectable Emulsion
- Brand: PerikabivenGeneric: Amino Acids, Electrolytes, Dextrose and Lipid Injectable Emulsion for Intravenous Use
- Brand: PedtraceGeneric: Zinc, Copper, Manganese and Chromium Intravenous Solution
- Brand: Glucophage, Glucophage XRGeneric: Metformin Hcl
- Brand: GlumetzaGeneric: Metformin Hcl
- Brand: CoumadinGeneric: Warfarin Sodium
- Brand: JantovenGeneric: Warfarin Sodium Tablets
- Brand: Janumet XRGeneric: Sitagliptin and Metformin HCl
- Brand: CrysvitaGeneric: Burosumab-twza injection, for Subcutaneous Use
- Brand: Neotrace-4Generic: Metal-4 Combination (for Neonates)
- Brand: Zemplar CapsulesGeneric: Paricalcitol
- Brand: InderalGeneric: Propranolol
- Brand: Zemplar Generic: Paricalcitol Tablets
- Brand: Zemplar Generic: Paricalcitol Tablets
- Brand: PrimaCare OneGeneric: Prescription Prenatal, Postnatal Multivitamin
- Brand: Aminosyn PF 10% Sulfite FreeGeneric: Amino Acid Injection 10% Pediatric Formula
- Brand: Aminosyn PF 7% Sulfite FreeGeneric: Amino Acid Injection 7% Pediatric Formula
- Brand: Niferex Gold TabletsGeneric: Ferrous Bis-Glycinate Chelate and Polysaccharide Iron Complex
- Brand: EvistaGeneric: Raloxifene
- Brand: JentaduetoGeneric: Linagliptin and Metformin Hydrochloride
- Brand: RifamateGeneric: Rifampin and Isoniazid
- Brand: WelcholGeneric: Colesevelam Hcl
- Brand: AbsoricaGeneric: Isotretinoin
- Brand: ForteoGeneric: Teriparatide (rDNA origin) Injection
- Brand: InvokametGeneric: Canagliflozin and Metformin Hydrochloride Tablets
- Brand: BuphenylGeneric: Sodium Phenylbutyrate Tablets
- Brand: Intralipid 20%Generic: 20% I.V. Fat Emulsion
- Brand: Ellzia PakGeneric: Triamcinolone Acetonide Ointment
- Brand: Dilantin 125Generic: Phenytoin Oral Suspension
- Brand: Triple Vita Drops with FluorideGeneric: Vitamin A, D, C, and Fluoride
- Brand: FortametGeneric: Metformin Hcl
- Brand: RiometGeneric: Metformin Hcl
- Brand: TrophAmineGeneric: Amino Acids
- Brand: BinostoGeneric: Alendronate Sodium Effervescent Tablets
- Brand: Intralipid 10%Generic: 10% I.V Fat Emulsion
- Brand: MetaglipGeneric: Glipizide and Metformin
- Brand: Xigduo XRGeneric: Dapagliflozin and Metformin HCl Extended-release Tablets
- Brand: Bacteriostatic SalineGeneric: Bacteriostatic NaCl
- Brand: Liposyn IIGeneric: Intravenous Fat Emulsion
- Brand: Liposyn IIIGeneric: Intravenous Fat Emulsion
- Brand: KonyneGeneric: Factor IX Complex
- Brand: RayaldeeGeneric: Calcifediol Extended-release Capsules
- Brand: ZyvoxGeneric: Linezolid
- Brand: SensiparGeneric: Cinacalcet
- Brand: AvandametGeneric: Rosiglitazone Maleate and Metformin HCl
- Brand: GlucovanceGeneric: Glyburide and Metformin
- Brand: MandolGeneric: Cefamandole
- Brand: MebaralGeneric: Mephobarbital
- Brand: Targretin GelGeneric: Bexarotene Gel
- Brand: TrecatorGeneric: Ethionamide Tablets
- Brand: Amnesteem CapsulesGeneric: Isotretinoin
- Brand: Claravis CapsulesGeneric: Isotretinoin
- Brand: ReclastGeneric: Zoledronic Acid Injection
- Brand: ZenataneGeneric: Isotretinoin Capsules
- Brand: FosamaxGeneric: Alendronate Sodium
- Brand: Liposyn III 30Generic: Liposyn III 30 Intravenous Far Emulsion
- Brand: Agenerase CapsulesGeneric: Amprenavir Capsules
- Brand: Agenerase Oral SolutionGeneric: Amprenavir Oral Solution
- Brand: AromasinGeneric: Exemestane
- Brand: JanumetGeneric: Sitagliptin Metformin HCL
- Brand: Jentadueto XRGeneric: Linagliptin and Metformin Hydrochloride Extended-release Tablets
- Brand: PrandimetGeneric: Repaglinide and Metformin HCl Tablets
- Brand: ProliaGeneric: Denosumab Injection
- Brand: SynjardyGeneric: Empagliflozin and Metformin Hydrochloride Tablets
- Brand: Actonel with CalciumGeneric: Risedronate Sodium with Calcium Carbonate
- Brand: Calcium GluconateGeneric: Calcium Gluconate
- Brand: Magnesium SulfateGeneric: Magnesium Sulfate Injection
- Brand: Niferex-150 ForteGeneric: Polysaccharide-Iron Complex Capsules
- Brand: Invokamet XRGeneric: canagliflozin and metformin hydrochloride
- Brand: OmegavenGeneric: Fish Oil Triglycerides Injectable Emulsion
- Brand: Synjardy XR Extended-release TabletsGeneric: Empagliflozin and Metformin Hydrochloride Extended-release
- Brand: SotretGeneric: Isotretinoin Capsules
- Brand: FosrenolGeneric: Lanthanum Carbonate Chewable Tablets
- Brand: AccutaneGeneric: Isotretinoin
- Brand: MyorisanGeneric: Isotretinoin Capsules
- Brand: Aminosyn II 8.5%Generic: Amino Acid Injection with Electrolytes
- Brand: ColestidGeneric: Colestipol
- Brand: Dilantin KapsealsGeneric: Extended Phenytoin Sodium Capsules
- Brand: KazanoGeneric: Alogliptin and Metformin HCl Tablets
- Brand: Phenytek Extended Release CapsuleGeneric: Phenytoin Sodium
- Brand: QuestranGeneric: Cholestyramine
- Brand: RocephinGeneric: Ceftriaxone
- Brand: TimolideGeneric: Timolol Maleate-Hydrochlorothiazide
- Brand: Aminosyn ElectrolytesGeneric: Crystalline Amino Acid Solution with Electrolytes
- Brand: Aminosyn Sulfite FreeGeneric: Crystalline Amino Acid Solution
- Brand: Generic:
- Brand: SoriataneGeneric: Acitretin
- Brand: Dehydrated AlcoholGeneric: Dehydrated Alcohol Injection
- Brand: Kombiglyze XRGeneric: Saxagliptin and Metformin HCl Extended-Release
- Brand: PrevaliteGeneric: Cholestyramine for Oral Suspension, US
Slideshows, Images, and Quizzes
- Vitamin D Deficiency: How Much Vitamin D Is Enough?Source: OnHealth Optimized
What does vitamin D do? Learn about vitamin D benefits and discover foods that are high in vitamin D. Explore vitamin D deficiency symptoms and the safest ways to get enough vitamin D.
- Nutritional Health: 19 Key Vitamins and Minerals Your Body NeedsSource: OnHealth Optimized
Minerals and vitamins are key nutrients your body needs to thrive. Vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin D, vitamin E, niacin, and riboflavin are just a few of these nutrients. Some vitamins act as antioxidants. Minerals serve many vital roles.
- Vitamins and Supplements: Signs You're Low on Vitamin CSource: WebMD - Health Tools
Worried you're coming up short on vitamin C? Here are some telltale symptoms to watch out for.
- Vitamin D Quiz: Test Your IQ of Dietary SupplementsSource: RxList
Could you be at risk for vitamin D deficiency? Take this online quiz to find out what your body and your bones may be missing.
- Eye Health: Foods, Vitamins and Nutrients to Improve EyesightSource: OnHealth Optimized
Eye health is boosted by lutein, zeaxanthin, vitamin C, omega-3 fatty acids, beta-carotene, vitamin E, vitamin A, and other nutrients. Special formulas of eye vitamins are available to boost eye health and decrease the risk of age-related macular degeneration (AMD) and other eye conditions. Eat a variety of colorful fruits and vegetables to protect your eye health.
- Vitamin B6: Signs You're Not Getting EnoughSource: OnHealth Optimized
B6 is a hard-working vitamin that affects everything from your mood to appetite to skin condition. Here are signs you may not have enough.
- Vitamins and Supplements: Signs You're Low on Vitamin B12Source: WebMD - Health Tools
Your body needs vitamin B12 to keep blood cells healthy and to make your nerves work right. But what happens when you run low?
- Health Screening Tests Every Woman NeedsSource: OnHealth Optimized
What is a health screening? Why is it important to know your blood pressure? How long will your health screening take? Learn about wellness screenings for women for breast cancer, HIV, diabetes, osteoporosis, skin cancer, and more.
- Vitamins and Supplements: Test Your Medical IQSource: RxList
There are certain essential vitamins the human body needs to supplement good health and proper function. Do you know what they are? Take our Vitamins & Supplements Quiz and get healthy!
- Healthy Aging: Vitamins You Need as You AgeSource: WebMD - Health Tools
Your body needs more of certain vitamins and minerals as you hit your 40s and beyond. Find out which ones will benefit you -- and which won't.
- 16 Foods That Boost and Improve Your Immune SystemSource: OnHealth Optimized
Help fight colds, flu, as well as viruses like coronavirus (COVID-19) with foods that boost and improve your immune system. Reach for bright-colored antioxidant and vitamin-rich fruits and vegetables such berries, broccoli, garlic, ginger, tea and more for vibrant health.
- Osteoporosis Quiz: What is Osteoporosis?Source: RxList
Take this osteoporosis quiz! Learn signs, symptoms, treatments, exercises, and how you can prevent bone loss and painful fractures associated with this degenerative disease.
- What Does It Mean When Your Whole Body Aches?Source: OnHealth Optimized
Body aches and pains can be disruptive and frustrating. Learn many chronic pain causes, including lupus, arthritis, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, influenza, and vitamin deficiency. Find treatments that can ease whole body pain and bring relief, such as meditation and self-management.
- How to Get Rid of a Cold: Natural RemediesSource: OnHealth Optimized
What home remedies work to get rid of a cold fast? Many claim cold symptoms and flu symptoms can be relieved with Echinacea, zinc, neti pots, garlic, vitamin C, saltwater gargles, nasal strips, or bed rest. Find out what cold and flu treatments work the natural way, and what doesn't.
- Sleep Health: 20 Facts About Your Biological Body ClockSource: OnHealth Optimized
Biological clocks control much of human biology, including aging, hormones, sleep, fertility, and seasonal cycles. The body clock controls circadian rhythms, the 24-hour cycle that governs biological processes in humans, animals, plants, and even bacteria. Science says maintaining healthy circadian rhythms may protect against chronic conditions.
- Healthy Living: 15 Healthy Ways to Use Lemons and LimesSource: WebMD - Health Tools
Lemons and limes are chock full of nutrients that can keep you healthy. Learn more about what they can do.
- Vegetarian Diet: Benefits, Meat Substitutions, and Meal PlansSource: OnHealth Optimized
Vegetarian diet plans have benefits like weight loss and reduced risk of heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. Vegetarian diet recipes contain protein from beans, legumes, nuts, eggs, and dairy. Vegetarian diets confer health benefits if you eat this way even once or twice per week.
- Foods That Help Fight DepressionSource: OnHealth Optimized
Foods that help fight depression include turkey, Brazil nuts, carrots, shellfish, coffee, leafy greens, salmon, milk, and berries. These are rich in antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids, selenium, vitamin B12, folate, and vitamin D. Avoid central nervous system depressants like alcohol and foods containing high-glycemic simple carbohydrates and added sugars that exacerbate depression.
- Organic Foods Guide: When To Buy (or Not Buy) OrganicSource: OnHealth Optimized
What health benefits can organic foods offer? What organic foods have the best nutrition, and when are supermarket standards fine? Learn about milk, beef, apples, bananas, and more. Learn what fruits and vegetables have the most pesticides according to FDA reports.
- Superfoods Quiz: List of Top SuperfoodsSource: RxList
What is a superfood? Test your superfoods IQ with this online quiz featuring heart-healthy, weight-friendly, fruits, vegetables, drinks, and other foods that are available at your fingertips.
- Food and Recipes: Cheap, Healthy FoodsSource: WebMD - Health Tools
Think you have to pay big bucks to eat healthy? Think again. Find out more about cheap foods that will keep your body and bank account in good health.
- Hepatitis: Surprising Things That Can Damage Your LiverSource: WebMD - Health Tools
Alcohol and acetaminophen are well-known liver dangers, but what else can be harmful? WebMD says some of them may surprise you.
- Picture of Pernicious Anemia Source: MedicineNet
View a picture of Picture of Pernicious Anemia and learn more about Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions.
- Anemia Symptoms and Signs, Types, Treatment and CausesSource: OnHealth Optimized
Anemia is a disease marked by low numbers of red blood cells. Low iron deficiency or underlying disease, like cancer, may be to blame. Treatment can resolve anemia.
- Cholesterol Drugs: What to Expect With Heart MedicationSource: OnHealth
Has your doctor prescribed a new heart medication? Learn more about different prescription cholesterol drugs, what they do, and how they work to lower cholesterol.
- What Is Osteoporosis? Treatment, Symptoms, MedicationSource: OnHealth
What are the first signs of osteoporosis? A disease characterized by low bone mass and density. Osteoporosis causes symptoms of weak, thin, fragile bones. Learn the treatments and medications used to fight osteoporosis.
- Dieting Tips to Care for Your SkinSource: OnHealth Optimized
Your diet can affect your skin in many ways. Certain foods that contain nutrients that promote a healthy, vibrant complexion. Explore foods for clear, glowing and younger-looking skin.
- Portion Control Tips: Lose Weight and Stick to Your DietSource: OnHealth Optimized
Portion control can help with weight loss and stick to a healthy diet. But how much is too much? This photo guide will help you assess serving sizes for proper portion control.
- Brain Foods: Healthy Food for Kids' BrainsSource: OnHealth Optimized
Make your child smarter and healthier with these brain-boosting meals! Developing brains needs the right foods to boost learning and improve concentration.
- Osteoporosis Super-Foods for Strong Bones With PicturesSource: WebMD - Health Tools
WebMD shows you how to build strong bones -- and stave off osteoporosis -- through a diet rich in high-calcium foods that might surprise you.
- Colon Cancer: How Your Diet Can Affect Colorectal CancerSource: OnHealth Optimized
Diet, including nutrient, antioxidant, and vitamin intake, affects colon cancer risk. Certain dietary factors either decrease or increase the risk of colorectal cancer, breast cancer, and other diseases. Dietary factors may either inhibit or stimulate the development of cancer cells. Have a nutrition plan that decreases the risk.
- Drug Interactions: Foods, Drugs, Herbs Affecting MedicationsSource: OnHealth Optimized
What foods, drugs, and herbal supplements interact with your pharmaceuticals? Learn about grapefruit and other common drug interactions to medications like warfarin, tramadol, Zoloft, trazodone, gabapentin, melatonin, Xanax, Lexapro, lithium, Lisinopril, Mucinex, and more.
- Healthy Living: Sunlight and Your HealthSource: WebMD - Health Tools
While too much time in the sun can be bad for your skin and may lead to serious health problems, small doses can be good for you in several ways.
- Infectious Disease: Are These Historical Illnesses Coming Back?Source: OnHealth Optimized
Despite medical progress, tuberculosis, measles, and scarlet fever keep infecting people worldwide. Why are these diseases from history so tough to stamp out? Learn about bubonic plague, chlamydia, mumps, and whooping cough, along with treatment and prevention information.
- Diet and Nutrition Quiz: Plans & FactsSource: RxList
Take the Diet & Nutrition Quiz to learn more about healthy portions, nutrition, and how many fruits and vegetables you should consume per day.
- Cellulite Facts and Treatment Options Source: OnHealth Optimized
Don't confuse cellulite with loose skin or stretch marks, get the facts about cellulite. Learn to identify cellulite and discover the most effective methods for cellulite treatment.
- Picture of AcneSource: RxList
View an Illustration of Picture of Acne and learn more about Bacterial Skin Diseases.
- Dementia and Alzheimer's: 13 Bad Brain Health HabitsSource: OnHealth Optimized
Good brain health depends on exercising regularly, eating well, and getting enough sleep. Learn how to develop good health habits to protect your brain against neurodegeneration, Alzheimer's disease, and other kinds of dementia.
- Healthy Seeds: 11 Edible Super Seeds for Better NutritionSource: OnHealth Optimized
Are pumpkin seeds good for your health? What's the nutritional value of chia seeds? Find out how to easily incorporate more edible, healthy seeds into a diet rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Nutrition and Healthy Eating: All About AntioxidantsSource: WebMD - Health Tools
They're sometimes seen as a kind of magic bullet for our health problems. Find out more about what antioxidants can do for your health.
- Top 10 Foods for Healthy HairSource: OnHealth Optimized
Top foods for healthy hair include salmon, green vegetables, beans, nuts, poultry, eggs, whole grains, oysters, low-fat dairy products, and carrots. Foods for healthy hair supply protein, healthy fats, and vitamins and minerals.
- Foot Health: Reasons You Feel Burning in Your FeetSource: WebMD - Health Tools
The feeling of burning in your feet isn't just an annoyance. It might also be a sign of a more serious condition. Find out more about what can make your feet burn.
- Heart Healthy Diet: 25 Foods You Should EatSource: OnHealth Optimized
What foods are heart healthy? Learn what foods help protect your cardiovascular system from heart attack, coronary heart disease, stroke, and cardiovascular disease. Plus, find easy meal recipes and menu ideas for more everyday heart benefit.
- How to Reduce Wrinkles With Lifestyle ChangesSource: OnHealth
Learn how to protect your skin from wrinkles with these antiaging tricks such as sleep position, diet, and wrinkle treatments. Simple lifestyle changes can reduce wrinkles around the eyes, on the forehead, and around the mouth.
- Men's Health: Easy Skin Care Tips for GuysSource: OnHealth Optimized
Guys, want some great skin care tips? Beauty doesn’t have to take hours. Learn how to shave without razor bumps, solutions for dry and oily skin, and the difference between soap and cleanser. Find out how to avoid premature aging and get tips for ways to fight skin problems.
- Men's Health: What Foods Improve Male Health?Source: OnHealth Optimized
What foods have the most health benefits for men? For losing weight, gaining muscle, and lowering your risk of prostate cancer, check out these healthy foods. Choosing a diet focused on whole grains, fruits, and a variety of vegetables can lead to a longer life, fewer health problems, and a trim waistline. Learn more about the health advantages of various foods for guys.
- Parkinson's Disease: Symptoms, Causes, Stages, TreatmentSource: OnHealth Optimized
Discover the symptoms, causes, stages, and treatment options for Parkinson's disease. Learn more about the stages of Parkinson's disease such as tremors and loss of muscle control.
- Tropical Fruits: 8 Exotic Fruits for Your Everyday Grocery ListSource: WebMD - Health Tools
From the acai berry to the pomegranate, WebMD shows to prepare and serve vitamin-rich, exotic, tropical fruits.
Diseases, Conditions, and Procedures
- Vitamin D DeficiencySource: MedicineNet
Depression, thyroid problems, osteoporosis, allergies, and certain cancers have been tied to vitamin D deficiency. Read about vitamin D deficiency treatment, causes, symptoms, signs, diagnosis, and daily limits chart.
- Vitamins and Calcium SupplementsSource: MedicineNet
Taking vitamins and calcium supplements can help you to meet your nutritional needs. Learn about vitamin deficiencies, drug interactions, food sources, health benefits, and overdose and absorption information.
- Pernicious AnemiaSource: MedicineNet
Pernicious anemia is a type of blood disorder caused when the body does not make enough red blood cells due to lack of vitamin B12. Pernicious anemia causes a variety of symptoms and signs, for example, feelings of weakness, numbness, tingling, and personality changes. Treatment of pernicious anemia is an injection of vitamin B12 for life. Untreated pernicious anemia can be permanent and cause death.
- RicketsSource: MedicineNet
Rickets is caused by a deficiency of vitamin D, calcium, or phosphate. Get additional facts about symptoms and signs, treatment, causes, history, diagnosis, prognosis, and prevention.
- Essential Mixed CryoglobulinemiaSource: MedicineNet
Essential mixed cryoglobulinemia is a condition caused by abnormal blood proteins called cryoglobulins. Read about essential mixed cryoglobulinemia causes, symptoms (joint pain, swelling, enlarged spleen, skin vasculitis, nerve & kidney disease), prognosis and treatment.
- OsteoporosisSource: MedicineNet
Read about osteoporosis treatments, medication, causes, symptoms, signs, diagnosis, prevention (diet, weight-bearing exercise), risk factors (family history), and research. Osteoporosis is a condition marked by decreased bone density and strength, resulting in fragile bones.
- PreventionSource: MedicineNet
A healthy diet helps to prevent diseases. It can also help control celiac disease, control diabetes, control high blood pressure, prevent loss of bone mass, prevent loss of muscle strength, and prevent vitamin deficiencies. Healthy diets also help with weight loss and obesity prevention.
- Alcohol and NutritionSource: MedicineNet
Alcohol has a big nutritional impact. Therefore, it is important to understand how alcohol is processed by your body in order to appreciate how it affects blood alcohol concentration and blood sugar, impacts weight, and contributes to vitamin and mineral deficiencies.
- OsteopeniaSource: MedicineNet
Osteopenia is a bone condition characterized by bone loss that is not as severe as in osteoporosis. Read about treatment, symptoms, causes, diagnosis, medications, and prevention information.
- Vitamins, Minerals and Nutritional SupplementsSource: WebMD Weight Loss Clinic - Expert Column
Find out how to get the vitamins and minerals you need through the nutrients in food and nutritional supplements.
- Vegetarian and Vegan DietSource: MedicineNet
Get the facts on the different types of vegetarian and vegan diets, the benefits and disadvantages of each diet, and see the vegan and vegetarian food pyramid guides. Learn about vitamins and supplements and recipe resources.
- Muscle CrampsSource: MedicineNet
A muscle cramp is an involuntarily contracted muscle that won't relax. Get information on muscle cramps (charley horses), including leg cramps, causes (vitamin deficiency, drugs, lactic acid, dehydration, low calcium, potassium or magnesium), treatment, home remedies, and prevention.
- Pregnancy Diet (Menu Plans)Source: MedicineNet
Learn about healthy eating during pregnancy, what foods to avoid, staying on a vegetarian diet, dealing with lactose intolerance, pregnancy food cravings, and foods to eat when you are not feeling well during pregnancy.
- Infant FormulasSource: MedicineNet
Read a comparison of formula feeding and breastfeeding benefits, and learn about homemade formulas and how to choose the healthiest infant formula for your baby.
- Lactose IntoleranceSource: MedicineNet
Lactose intolerance is an inability to digest and absorb the sugar in dairy products. Signs and symptoms are gas, diarrhea, and bloating. Foods that contain lactose include breads, processed foods, margarine, cereals, and lunch meats. There are several tests to diagnose lactose intolerance.
- SIBO (Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth)Source: MedicineNet
SIBO, or small intestinal bacterial overgrowth is a condition in which bacteria that lives in the large colon moves into the small colon causing symptoms of gas; and abdominal pain, bloating, and distention. SIBO is associated with diseases like IBS, Crohn's, liver disease, alcohol abuse, and fatty liver.
- What Gets Rid of Headaches Quickly?Source: MedicineNet
Natural or home remedies for headaches include drinking coconut water, caffeine, essential oils, herbs, and vitamins. Avoid certain foods that trigger headaches, like foods high in salt, alcohol, shellfish, preserved foods, and foods rich in tyramine-rich nutrients.
- Omega-3 Fatty AcidsSource: MedicineNet
Omega-3 fatty acids are a class of essential fatty acids. Foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids include certain types of fish, walnuts, and canola oil. Researchers believe that a diet rich in omega-3 fatty acids can help reduce the risk of having a heart attack.
- Skin CancerSource: MedicineNet
Get the facts on skin cancer symptoms, signs, treatment, and 3 major types. Learn how to tell the difference between a benign mole and potential skin cancer. Read about skin cancer prevention and screening.
- Dry SkinSource: MedicineNet
Symptoms and signs of dry skin include itching and red, cracked, or flaky skin. Read about causes, diagnosis, treatment, home remedies, prevention, and the best moisturizers for dry skin.
- Mediterranean DietSource: MedicineNet
Learn about the health benefits of the Mediterranean diet, foods that are part of the meal plan, and diseases that the diet is supposed to prevent.
- Homocysteine (Normal and Elevated Levels Blood Test)Source: MedicineNet
Homocysteine is an amino acid produced by the body and also is in your blood. When the levels get too high, it increases your risk of heart disease, heart attack, and stroke. Causes can be genetic (homocystinuria) or alcoholism. Treatments are individualized to each individual.
- Cold, Flu, Allergy TreatmentsSource: MedicineNet
Get the facts on treatment of the common cold, influenza, and allergy symptoms (headache, fever, sneezing, cough, sore throat) with over-the-counter (OTC) medications.
- CelluliteSource: MedicineNet
There are many purported cellulite treatments: liposuction, products, creams, Endermologie, mesotherapy, diet, and massage. Body fat that distorts the skin's connective tissue is the main cause of cellulite.
- MenopauseSource: MedicineNet
Menopause, by definition, is the absence of menstrual periods for 12 consecutive months. The age of onset varies for each woman. Menopause symptoms and signs include hot flashes, night sweats, abnormal vaginal bleeding, vaginal itching, dryness, and pain, urinary symptoms, weight gain, acne, skin texture changes, and mood changes.
- Drug-Induced Liver DiseaseSource: MedicineNet
Drug-induced liver disease comes in many types, and has many potential causes. Find out about drug-induced liver disease treatment, signs, and symptoms like itching, easy bruising, and jaundice, and learn how certain drugs can cause liver disease.
- Natural Home Remedies for SunburnSource: MedicineNet
Learn 30 natural and home remedies to relieve sunburn pain and itching. Essential oils (lavender), apple cider vinegar baths, milk, vitamins, freshly brewed black tea, and cucumber mash can soothe a sunburn. Blisters are a sign of a bad sunburn (sun poisoning). Coconut oil can be used to moisten the skin after the sunburn has healed.
- Fatty Liver (NASH)Source: MedicineNet
Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, or NASH, is a disease due to an abnormal accumulation of fat within the liver. Eventually, NASH scars the liver, and it ultimately leads to cirrhosis or liver cancer. Usually, NASH causes no symptoms, but later in the progression of the disease, it may cause jaundice, blood clots, and coma. Treatment for fatty liver includes diet, exercise, medication, and surgery.
- Hair Loss (Alopecia) In Men and In WomenSource: MedicineNet
Causes of hair loss in men or in women include thyroid disease, alopecia areata, telogen effluvium, and tinea capitis. Hair loss prevention and treatment may involve minoxidil (Rogaine) or finasteride (Propecia). Learn about 2 types of hair loss and how to prevent it.
- Hypercalcemia (Elevated Calcium Levels)Source: MedicineNet
Learn about hypercalcemia or elevated levels of calcium in the blood. Conditions associated with hypercalcemia include hyperparathyroidism, lung and breast cancer, kidney failure, hyperthyroidism, and excess vitamin D or calcium.
- PerimenopauseSource: MedicineNet
Perimenopause is a part of a woman's transition into menopause. Symptoms can begin as early as age 44 and may include pain during sex or low sex drive, nausea, weight gain, mood changes, hot flashes, and elevated cholesterol levels. Some herbal supplements may help ease symptoms. Medications may be necessary to treat some women's symptoms.
- Cystic AcneSource: MedicineNet
Cystic acne is the most severe form of acne and is characterized by painful nodules on the face, back, chest, and neck. Read about treatment, medications, home remedies, and causes.
- Natural Remedies for Hot FlashesSource: MedicineNet
Hot flashes are a common symptom in women during menopause. They also in women can cause a lot of discomfort. Especially at night, hot flashes are a common problem during and after menopause. Learn the causes of hot flashes and how to stop hot flashes with natural remedies and other treatments.
- Vitamins & Exercise: Heart Attack Prevention SeriesSource: MedicineNet
Folic acid, B vitamins, homocysteine, antioxidants, and exercise can lower your risk factors for a heart attack. Exercise and vitamins play a key role in heart attack prevention, too.
- WrinklesSource: MedicineNet
Wrinkles typically appear on the forehead and around the eyes, which are areas of the body that get a lot of sun exposure. Smoking, light skin type, hairstyle, the way you dress, your occupational and recreational habits, and heredity can cause wrinkles. Treatments for wrinkles include antioxidants, moisturizers, alpha-hydroxy acids, vitamin A acid, dermabrasion, microdermabrasion, glycolic acid peels, laser resurfacing, Botox, and fillers.
- AnemiaSource: MedicineNet
Anemia (lack of blood) symptoms and signs can vary depending on the cause. Symptoms and signs may include fatigue, pale skin, heart palpitations, shortness of breath, and dizziness. There are several anemia types. Anemia treatment depends upon the type.
- High-Protein Low Carbs Diet for Weight LossSource: MedicineNet
Protein is an important amino acid that helps the body function. A high-protein diet is a diet that is rich in protein, for example, beans, soy, seafood, lean beef, and the poultry white meat. The amount of protein varies among children, girls, boys, women, and men. For example, there are 24 grams (112 calories) in a four-ounce serving of a salmon filet.
- Gum ProblemsSource: MedicineNet
Read about gum problems causes, symptoms, home remedies, treatment, and prevention. Gum problems include gingivitis, oral cancer, gum recession, gum disease, and gum abscess.
- Fibrocystic Breast ConditionSource: MedicineNet
Fibrocystic breast condition is characterized by pain, tenderness, and/or discomfort in one or both breasts, often caused by changes in hormones (menstruation, menopause). Learn about causes and treatment.
- FibromyalgiaSource: MedicineNet
Fibromyalgia symptoms include sleep disturbances, tender points, and fatigue. Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition that causes body-wide muscle pain.
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis (PBC) TreatmentSource: MedicineNet
Primary biliary cirrhosis (PBC) treatment includes medications (for example, UDCA, corticosteroids, immunosuppressive drugs, and drugs to treat PBC symptoms) and sometimes surgery.
- Cold Sores (Oral Herpes, Herpes Labialis)Source: MedicineNet
Cold sores (labial herpes) are caused by herpes simplex virus type 1 infection. Read about treatment causes, symptoms, treatment, and diagnosis of oral herpes.
- Migraine vs. Headache: Differences and SimilaritiesSource: MedicineNet
Migraine headache pain and headache pain are similar in the severity (mild, moderate, or severe), but differ in the type of pain. Migraine pain can be throbbing, sensitive to light or sound, and worsens with physical activity. Most headaches can be treated with OTC medication and home remedies, while migraines often require prescription medication.
- 15 Top Pregnancy Power Foods (Superfoods)Source: MedicineNet
Read about pregnancy power foods or superfoods, which are healthy foods that provide nutrients for you and your growing baby. Learn why each food is healthy for you and your baby, and find out how to enjoy these power foods.
- Peripheral Neuropathy Source: MedicineNet
Peripheral neuropathy occurs when peripheral nerves become damaged. Peripheral neuropathy causes include diabetes, cancer, shingles, alcohol, medication, and vitamin deficiency. Peripheral neuropathy treatment and prognosis depend on the cause.
- Interstitial Lung Disease (Interstitial Pneumonia)Source: MedicineNet
Interstitial lung disease refers to a variety of diseases that thicken the tissue between the lungs' air sacks. Symptoms of interstitial lung disease include shortness of breath, cough, and vascular problems, and their treatment depends on the underlying cause. Causes include viruses, bacteria, tobacco smoke, environmental factors, cancer, and heart or kidney failure.
- Liver (Anatomy and Function)Source: MedicineNet
Get information about the function of the liver, the largest gland in the body. Liver diseases include hepatitis, cancer of the liver, infections, medications, genetic conditions, and blood flow problems. Read about liver disease symptoms and signs like fatigue, yellowing of the skin, nausea, and more.
- Prostate CancerSource: MedicineNet
Read about prostate cancer symptoms, survival rates, stages, treatment options, causes, prevention, screening, and diagnosis. Learn lifestyle strategies to reduce the risk of prostate cancer.
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin K
- Deficiency, vitamin K
- Vitamin D
- Amino acid, essential
- Essential fatty acid
- Essential mixed cryoglobulinemia
- Essential oil
- Essential tremor
- Essential vulvodynia
- Hereditary essential tremor
- Vulvodynia, essential
- Vitamin B2
- Vitamin A
- Oil, tropical
- Tropical oil
- Vitamin D3
- Infant vitamin requirements
- Infantile vitamin B1 deficiency
- Rickets, vitamin D resistant
- Vitamin A deficiency
- Vitamin B -- niacin
- Vitamin B -- nicotinic acid
- Vitamin B -- pantothenic acid
- Vitamin B1
- Vitamin B1 deficiency, infantile
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin B12-responsive methylmalonicaciduria
- Vitamin B15
- Vitamin B3
- Vitamin B5
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D requirement
- Vitamin O
- Vitamin P
- Vitamin Q10
- Vitamin requirements, infant
- Vitamin therapy
- Anemia, pernicious
- Pernicious anemia
- Fatty acid, trans
- Trans fatty acid
- Acid, trans fatty
- Acid, fatty
- Fat, trans
- Fatty acid
- Fatty acids
- Trans fat
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration
- Painful vulva
- Fat requirements, infant
- Fatty acids,omega-3
- Infant fat requirements
- Vulvar pain, chronic
- Addison anemia
- Addisonian anemia
- Anemia, Addison
- Anemia, Biermer's
- Biermer's anemia
- Familial tremor
- Heredofamilial tremor
- Acid, pantothenic
- Barker, Horace Albert
- Beta carotene
- Blindness, night
- Hodgkin, Dorothy
- Night blindness
- Omega-3 fatty acids
- Gamma-linolenic acid
- Breastfeeding practices
- Women's Health Initiative
- Anemia, addisonian
- ACE2 (angiotensin converting enzyme 2)
- Alpha-linolenic acid
- Angiotensin converting enzyme 2
- Ant, fire
- Aspartic acid
- Chemokine receptor
- Chromosome 2
- Chromosome, dicentric
- Cyclin D
- Deficiency, selenium
- Dicentric chromosome
- Dihydroorotate dehydrogenase
- Eicosapentaenoic acid
- Evening primrose oil
- Evolutionarily conserved gene
- Flax seed
- Gene, evolutionarily conserved
- Gilbert syndrome
- Glucuronosyltransferase, UDP-
- Health for All
- Hornet sting
- Insect sting
- Insecticide-treated bednet
- Keshan disease
- Labial sounds
- Lethal gene, zygotic
- Medulla oblongata
- Nephritis, infective tubulointerstitial
- Organ failure
- Physicians Health Study
- RDIs (Reference Daily Intakes)
- Reaction, chemical
- Receptor, chemokine
- Rickets, hypophosphatemic
- Selenium deficiency
- Sting, insect
- Total parenteral nutrition
- Wasp sting
- Docosahexaenoic acid
- Apolipoprotein E
- Osteodystrophy, renal
- Protein C
- Renal osteodystrophy
- ABO blood group
- Amino acid
- Amino acid, nonessential
- Ascorbic acid
- Blood group, ABO
- Chargaff rule
- Chromosome, X
- Disorders, myeloproliferative
- Eyes, glaucoma
- Factor X
- Fibulin 5
- FLT-3 inhibitor
- Gene, zygotic lethal
- Glycogen storage disease
- Heat stroke
- Small round blue cell tumor
- Tube, Fallopian
- X, factor
- Chapped lips
- Dr. Andrew Weil
- Fish oil, omega-3
- Thyroid hormones
- Vitamin ASource: Therapeutic Research Faculty
Learn more about Vitamin A health benefits, uses, side effects, effectiveness, safety, precautions, and warnings
- Vitamin B12Source: Therapeutic Research Faculty
Learn more about Vitamin B12 health benefits, uses, side effects, effectiveness, safety, precautions, and warnings
- Vitamin DSource: Therapeutic Research Faculty
Learn more about Vitamin D health benefits, uses, side effects, effectiveness, safety, precautions, and warnings
- Vitamin ESource: Therapeutic Research Faculty
Learn more about Vitamin E health benefits, uses, side effects, effectiveness, safety, precautions, and warnings
- Vitamin KSource: Therapeutic Research Faculty
Learn more about Vitamin K health benefits, uses, side effects, effectiveness, safety, precautions, and warnings
- Vitamin OSource: Therapeutic Research Faculty
Learn more about Vitamin O health benefits, uses, side effects, effectiveness, safety, precautions, and warnings