- Brand: PropeciaGeneric: Finasteride
- Brand: ProscarGeneric: Finasteride
- Brand: EntadfiGeneric: Finasteride and Tadalafil Capsules
- Brand: CialisGeneric: Tadalafil
- Brand: JalynGeneric: Dutasteride and Tamsulosin Hydrochloride Capsules
Slideshows, Images, and Quizzes
- Hair Loss: Alopecia, Thinning Hair in Men and WomenSource: OnHealth Optimized
Learn about hair loss (alopecia) in women and men. Discover hair loss causes and treatments like shampoos and drugs, as well as how to prevent hair loss.
Diseases, Conditions, and Procedures
- Hair Loss (Alopecia) In Men and In WomenSource: MedicineNet
Causes of hair loss in men or in women include thyroid disease, alopecia areata, telogen effluvium, and tinea capitis. Hair loss prevention and treatment may involve minoxidil (Rogaine) or finasteride (Propecia). Learn about 2 types of hair loss and how to prevent it.
- Enlarged Prostate (BPH, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia)Source: MedicineNet
BPH stands for benign prostatic hyperplasia, or an enlarged prostate gland. Half of all men will have prostate problems by the age of 50. BPH doesn't always have symptoms, but when they do occur they include painful urination, inability to urinate, and dribbling after urinating. Not all cases of BPH need medical treatment.
- Prostate CancerSource: MedicineNet
Read about prostate cancer symptoms, survival rates, stages, treatment options, causes, prevention, screening, and diagnosis. Learn lifestyle strategies to reduce the risk of prostate cancer.
- Hidradenitis Suppurativa (Acne Inversa)Source: MedicineNet
Hidradenitis suppurativa is a skin condition characterized by pimple-like bumps resembling that appear in the armpit and groin regions. Learn about other symptoms, causes, diagnosis, and treatment.
- Urinary IncontinenceSource: Government
Learn about urinary incontinence (UI) in men. Read about UI types, signs, symptoms, causes, diagnosis, and treatment options. Male urinary incontinence can occur because of prostate cancer along with other bladder control problems.
- Urinary RetentionSource: Government
Urinary retention (inability to urinate) may be caused by benign prostatic hyperplasia, multiple sclerosis, vaginal childbirth, and certain drugs. Read about symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, and complications.
- PSA Test (Prostate Specific Antigen)Source: MedicineNet
Prostate specific antigen (PSA) is a protein found in semen. PSA levels are used to detect prostate cancer and monitor the progression of the disease. Learn about test uses, results, and accuracy.
- Male Breast CancerSource: MedicineNet
Read about male breast cancer symptoms, treatment, pain, statistics, and survival rates. Male breast cancer is relatively rare, accounting for 1% of all breast cancers.
- Cancer PreventionSource: Government
Cancer prevention strategies exist for reducing the number of both new cases of cancer and deaths caused by cancer. Read about cancer prevention lifestyle, diet, exercise, viatmins, and more.
- Drug Side EffectsSource: RxList
Information on prescription drug side effects such as Benadryl, Jantoven, Coumadin, Raptiva, and Baycol. Types of allergic reactions to prescription medications is included.
- Recall of Generic Citalopram, FinasterideSource: WebMD Health News
Read about the recall of generic citalopram and finasteride due to a label switch on RxList.com.
- Propecia, Proscar: New Sexual Dysfunction WarningsSource: WebMD Health News
The baldness drug Propecia and the BPH drug Proscar -- may cause problems with sexual desire, ejaculation, orgasm, and infertility.