- Brand: HaldolGeneric: Haloperidol Injection
- Brand: Haldol DecanoateGeneric: Haloperidol Decanoate
- Brand: SerzoneGeneric: Nefazodone
- Brand: DopamineGeneric: Dopamine Hydrochloride
- Brand: SeroquelGeneric: Quetiapine Fumarate
- Brand: EffexorGeneric: Venlafaxine Hydrochloride
- Brand: BusparGeneric: Buspirone
- Brand: RavictiGeneric: Glycerol Phenylbutyrate Oral Liquid
- Brand: IntermezzoGeneric: Zolpidem Tartrate
- Brand: AmbienGeneric: Zolpidem Tartrate
- Brand: GeodonGeneric: Ziprasidone
- Brand: EdluarGeneric: Zolpidem Tartrate Sublingual Tablets
- Brand: EvekeoGeneric: Amphetamine Sulfate Tablets, USP
- Brand: ProCentraGeneric: Dextroamphetamine Sulfate Oral Solution
Diseases, Conditions, and Procedures
- Schizoaffective DisorderSource: MedicineNet
Schizoaffective disorder is a mental illness featuring schizophrenia and a mood disorder -- depression or bipolar disorder. It's estimated that about 0.32% of the U.S. population has schizoaffective disorder.
- How to Get Rid of HiccupsSource: MedicineNet
The main muscle that helps your lungs expand and contract to breathe is the diaphragm, which is in your abdomen and controls the volume of your chest cavity. Hiccups (also spelled hiccough) happen when the diaphragm muscle spasms suddenly and forcefully. In response, your vocal cords snap shut, causing the “hic” sound you hear with hiccups. This condition is usually harmless and temporary, but prolonged cases may indicate some disease process or digestive problem that is causing the condition.
- Psychotic DisordersSource: MedicineNet
Schizophrenia, brief psychotic disorder, schizoaffective disorder, delusional disorder and psychosis are types of psychotic disorders. Symptoms and signs include delusions, hallucinations, anxiety, aggression, and depression. Read about treatment, diagnosis, tests, and causes.
- SchizophreniaSource: MedicineNet
Schizophrenia is a mental disorder that causes symptoms such as delusions, hallucinations, and disorganized speech and behavior. Read about treatment, types, and testing.
- Bipolar Disorder vs. SchizophreniaSource: MedicineNet
Read about bipolar disorder and schizophrenia's similarities and differences. Bipolar is marked by mood swings and episodes of mania and depression. Schizophrenia symptoms include delusions, catatonia, and hallucinations. Learn about tests and medications.
- Brief Psychotic DisorderSource: MedicineNet
Find out about brief psychotic disorder symptoms (delusions, hallucinations), treatment, and criteria. A brief psychotic disorder is a short-term illness with psychotic symptoms. Learn about the causes and prognosis for this psychiatric condition.
- Rheumatic FeverSource: MedicineNet
Rheumatic fever is a disease brought on by group A streptococcal infection. Get the facts on causes, symptoms (rash, chorea, arthralgia), treatment, survival, 5 major criteria, diagnosis, and complication.
- What Is Schizotypal Personality Disorder?Source: MedicineNet
Schizotypal personality disorder is characterized by odd behaviors, feelings, perceptions, and ways of relating to others that interfere with one's ability to function. Medication and psychotherapy can help the sufferer to manage their symptoms.
- Bipolar Disorder in Children, Teens, and AdultsSource: MedicineNet
Bipolar disorder causes symptoms of mania and depression. Read about bipolar disorder in children, teens, and adults, including types, treatment, medications, and causes of this mental illness.
- Autism Spectrum DisorderSource: MedicineNet
Autism spectrum disorder is a developmental condition that affects a person's speech and nonverbal communication, social interaction, and causes restricted/repetitive behaviors. Learn about the causes, symptoms, treatment, and diagnosis of autism. Get tips on improving communication and behavior in children.
- How to Get Rid of HiccupsSource: MedicineNet
Hiccups are involuntary spasms of the diaphragm that may be caused by medications, certain foods, surgery, strokes, brain tumors, and noxious fumes. Get tips for curing hiccups in infants and babies.
- Drug-Induced Liver DiseaseSource: MedicineNet
Drug-induced liver disease comes in many types, and has many potential causes. Find out about drug-induced liver disease treatment, signs, and symptoms like itching, easy bruising, and jaundice, and learn how certain drugs can cause liver disease.
- Prolactinoma (Pituitary Tumor)Source: MedicineNet
Learn about prolactinoma (pituitary tumor). Symptoms in women include infertility, menstruation changes, decreased libido and painful intercourse. The primary symptom in men is impotence (erectile dysfunction). Learn about pituitary tumor surgery, symptoms, and treatment.
- ICU PsychosisSource: MedicineNet
Read about ICU psychosis, a disorder in which ICU patients experience serious psychiatric symptoms such as anxiety, hearing voices, hallucinations, nightmares, paranoia, disorientation, agitation, delusions, and more. Learn about treatment, stories, and the condition's definition.