- Brand: CozaarGeneric: Losartan Potassium
- Brand: HyzaarGeneric: Losartan Potassium-Hydrochlorothiazide
- Brand: Fluconazole InjectionGeneric: Fluconazole Injection
- Brand: DiflucanGeneric: Fluconazole
- Brand: MavyretGeneric: glecaprevir and pibrentasvir
- Brand: AtacandGeneric: Candesartan Cilexetil
Diseases, Conditions, and Procedures
- Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (MCTD)Source: MedicineNet
People with mixed connective tissue disease (MCTD) have systemic lupus erythematosus, scleroderma, and polymyositis. Get information on mixed connective tissue disease (MCTD) symptoms, types, treatment, and prognosis.
- Chronic CoughSource: MedicineNet
Chronic cough in children and adults is a persistent cough. Causes of chronic cough include colds, GERD, bronchitis, drugs, and smoking. Chronic coughs can be dry, wet, or whooping. Other symptoms of a chronic cough are sore throat, heartburn, or a stuffy nose. Treatment for a chronic cough is aimed at the cause. Learn about 5 types, 10 home remedies, and 5 prevention tips.
- Diabetes and Kidney DiseaseSource: Government
Learn about diabetes and kidney disease, which can lead to chronic kidney failure. The primary cause of kidney failure is diabetes related kidney failure. Preventive measures such as medication, diet, and close monitoring of the disease are key to prevention.
- Raynaud's PhenomenonSource: MedicineNet
Raynaud's phenomenon symptoms and signs include the fingers turning white, then blue, and then red after exposure to cold temperature or emotional events. Read about treatment, causes, and diagnosis, plus, see pictures.
- High Blood Pressure Treatment (Natural Home Remedies, Diet, Medications)Source: MedicineNet
High blood pressure can be reduced and managed naturally with the DASH diet, and by quitting smoking, reducing alcohol intake, and cutting back on caffeine. Combined with diet, other natural ways to lower blood pressure naturally are stress reduction and weight loss. If high blood pressure cannot be controlled naturally, medications may be necessary.
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED, Impotence)Source: MedicineNet
Erectile dysfunction (ED, impotence) is the failure to achieve or maintain an erection. Learn about ED causes, symptoms, treatment, medications, risks, and ED drug side effects. ED is curable.
- Heart FailureSource: MedicineNet
Heart failure symptoms include fatigue, nausea, coughing, lightheadedness, and loss of appetite. Learn about heart failure stages, types (diastolic, systolic), treatment guidelines, diet, prognosis, and life expectancy.
- Marfan SyndromeSource: Government
Marfan syndrome is a familial (genetic, hereditary) condition affecting connective tissue of the body. Symptoms and characteristics include an arched palate (roof of the mouth), scoliosis, and flat feet. Problems with the eyes; cardiovascular and nervous system; skin; and lungs. Genetic testing and counseling are available for this syndrome.
- Blood Pressure Drug Losartan Shrinks Cancer TumorsSource: WebMD Health News
Blood Pressure Drug Blocks Newly Found Breast Cancer Gene in Study
- FDA Approves First Generic Versions of Drugs for HypertensionSource: FDA
The FDA approved the first generic versions of Cozaar and Hyzaar, two drugs used for the treatment of hypertension.
- Label Mix-Up Prompts Asthma/Allergy Med RecallSource: WebMD Health News
Camber Pharmaceuticals is recalling one lot of montelukast sodium tablets because the bottles are labeled "montelukast sodium tablets, 10-mg, 30-count" but actually contain 90 tablets of losartan potassium, 50 mg.