- Brand: Esomeprazole Magnesium CapsulesGeneric: esomeprazole magnesium
- Brand: Slow-KGeneric: Potassium Chloride
- Brand: Micro-K for Liquid SuspensionGeneric: Potassium Chloride Extended Release Formulation for Liquid Suspension
- Brand: VeltassaGeneric: Patiromer Powder for Suspension in Water for Oral Administration
- Brand: K-TabGeneric: Potassium Chloride Extended-Release Tablets
- Brand: Micro-KGeneric: Potassium Chloride Extended-Release
- Brand: LokelmaGeneric: Sodium Zirconium Cyclosilicate
- Brand: Potassium Chloride Extended Release TabletsGeneric: Potassium Chloride Extended Release Tablets
- Brand: Klor-ConGeneric: Potassium Chloride
- Brand: TrilisateGeneric: Choline Magnesium Trisalicylate
- Brand: DyazideGeneric: Hydrochlorothiazide and Triamterene
- Brand: Potassium Chloride in Lactated Ringer's and 5% Dextrose InjectionGeneric: Potassium Chloride in Lactated Ringer's and 5% Dextrose Injection
- Brand: Magnesium SulfateGeneric: Magnesium Sulfate Injection
- Brand: Penicillin G PotassiumGeneric: Penicillin G Potassium
- Brand: Potassium AcetateGeneric: Potassium Acetate
- Brand: KCL in D5NSGeneric: Potassium Chloride in 5% Dextrose and Sodium Chloride Injection
- Brand: KCL in D5WGeneric: Potassium Chloride in 5% Dextrose Injection
- Brand: KCL in NSGeneric: Potassium Chloride in Sodium Chloride Injection
- Brand: AugmentinGeneric: Amoxicillin Clavulanate
- Brand: AldactoneGeneric: Spironolactone
- Brand: TriLyteGeneric: PEG-3350, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Bicarbonate and Potassium Chloride
- Brand: K-LORGeneric: Potassium Chloride
- Brand: MidamorGeneric: Amiloride
- Brand: DyreniumGeneric: Triamterene
- Brand: Timentin InjectionGeneric: Ticarcillin Disodium and Clavulanate Potassium Galaxy
- Brand: ClenpiqGeneric: Sodium Picosulfate Oral Solution
- Brand: Augmentin Chewable TabletsGeneric: Amoxicillin Clavulanate Potassium
- Brand: SteritalcGeneric: Talc For Intrapleural Administration
- Brand: HyzaarGeneric: Losartan Potassium-Hydrochlorothiazide
- Brand: AldactazideGeneric: Spironolactone and Hydrochlorothiazide
- Brand: Amiloride HydrochlorideGeneric: Amiloride Hydrochloride
- Brand: ModureticGeneric: Amiloride and Hydrochlorothiazide
- Brand: AlamastGeneric: Pemirolast Potassium Ophthalmic Solution
- Brand: PfizerpenGeneric: Penicillin G potassium
- Brand: MaxideGeneric: Triamterene and Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets
- Brand: VascorGeneric: Bepridil
- Brand: Urocit-KGeneric: Potassium Citrate Extended-Release Tablets
- Brand: VimovoGeneric: Naproxen and Esomeprazole Magnesium Delayed Release Tablets
- Brand: VasereticGeneric: Enalapril Maleate-Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets
- Brand: KayexalateGeneric: Sodium Polystyrene
- Brand: DigibindGeneric: Digoxin Immune Fab
- Brand: CarospirGeneric: Spironolactone
- Brand: SafyralGeneric: Drospirenone/Ethinyl Estradiol/Levomefolate Calcium Tablets and Levomefolate
- Brand: AngeliqGeneric: Drospirenone and Estradiol
- Brand: YasminGeneric: Drospirenone and Ethinyl Estradiol
- Brand: CapozideGeneric: Captopril and Hydrochlorothiazide
- Brand: IsentressGeneric: Raltegravir Tablets
- Brand: TarkaGeneric: Trandolapril and Verapamil ER
- Brand: Lo-ZumandimineGeneric: Drospirenone and Ethinyl Estradiol Tablets
- Brand: SuclearGeneric: Sodium, Potassium, Magnesium and PEG-3350
- Brand: HextendGeneric: 6% Hetastarch in Lactated Electrolyte Injection
- Brand: K-Phos Neutral Generic: Potassium and Sodium Phosphate
- Brand: PhysioSolGeneric: Electrolytes in Water
- Brand: Augmentin ESGeneric: Amoxicillin Clavulanate Potassium
- Brand: Augmentin XRGeneric: Amoxicillin Clavulanic Potassium
- Brand: DigitekGeneric: Digoxin Tablets
- Brand: ValturnaGeneric: Aliskiren and Valsartan, USP Tablets
- Brand: YazGeneric: Drospirenone and Ethinyl Estradiol
- Brand: Radiogenix SystemGeneric: Technetium Tc-99m Generator
- Brand: DigiFabGeneric: Ovine Lyophilized Powder for Intravenous Injection
- Brand: ZegeridGeneric: Omeprazole, Sodium Bicarbonate
- Brand: BeyazGeneric: Drospirenone/Ethinyl Estradiol/ Levomefolate Calcium Tablets and Levomefolate Calcuim Tablets
- Brand: CozaarGeneric: Losartan Potassium
- Brand: Daypro AltaGeneric: Oxaprozin
- Brand: MoviPrepGeneric: PEG-3350, Sodium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Ascorbate, Ascorbic Acid
- Brand: ExtranealGeneric: Icodextrin Peritoneal Dialysis Solution
- Brand: Pylera CapsulesGeneric: Bismuth Subcitrate Potassium
- Brand: TimentinGeneric: Ticarcillin and Clavulanate
- Brand: GoLytelyGeneric: Polyethylene Glycol 3350 and Electrolytes Oral Solution
- Brand: Lanoxin InjectionGeneric: Digoxin Injection
- Brand: LanoxinGeneric: Digoxin Tablets
- Brand: ZorvolexGeneric: Diclofenac Capsules
- Brand: HalfLytely and Bisacodyl TabletsGeneric: Sodium Chloride-Sodium Bicarbonate and Potassium Chloride
- Brand: Altace CapsulesGeneric: Ramipril Capsules
- Brand: DiovanGeneric: Valsartan
- Brand: Nexium I.V.Generic: Esomeprazole Sodium
- Brand: PlenvuGeneric: Polyethylene Glycol 3350 with Electrolytes for Oral Solution
- Brand: MonoprilGeneric: Fosinopril Sodium
- Brand: Lactated Ringer'sGeneric: Lactated Ringer's Injection
- Brand: Generic:
- Brand: ExforgeGeneric: Amlodipine and Valsartan
- Brand: InspraGeneric: Eplerenone
- Brand: PrilosecGeneric: Omeprazole
- Brand: AceonGeneric: Perindopril Erbumine
- Brand: EntrestoGeneric: Sacubitril and Valsartan Film-coated Tablets for Oral Administration
- Brand: Exforge HCTGeneric: Amlodipine Valsartan Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets
- Brand: AccureticGeneric: Quinapril HCl/Hydrochlorothiazide
- Brand: CylertGeneric: Pemoline
- Brand: PrepopikGeneric: Sodium Picosulfate, Magnesium Oxide, and Anhydrous Citric Acid) for Oral Solution
- Brand: ZenpepGeneric: Pancrelipase Delayed Release Capsules
- Brand: AvalideGeneric: Irbesartan-Hydrochlorothiazide
- Brand: NexiumGeneric: Esomeprazole Magnesium
- Brand: Tekturna HCTGeneric: Aliskren and Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets
- Brand: QsymiaGeneric: Phentermine and Topiramate
- Brand: ZestoreticGeneric: Lisinopril and Hydrochlorothiazide
- Brand: Amturnide Generic: Aliskiren, Amlodipine and Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets
- Brand: Enalaprilat InjectionGeneric: Enalaprilat Injection
- Brand: Generic:
- Brand: MicardisGeneric: Telmisartan
- Brand: Penicillin VKGeneric: Penicillin V Potassium
- Brand: Bevespi AerosphereGeneric: Glycopyrrolate and Formoterol Fumarate Inhalation Aerosol
- Brand: iOsat TabletsGeneric: Potassium Iodide
- Brand: FlorinefGeneric: Fludrocortisone
- Brand: XopenexGeneric: Levalbuterol
- Brand: RenacidinGeneric: Citric Acid, Glucono-Delta-Lactone and Magnesium Carbonate Irrigation
- Brand: Ortho Tri-Cyclen / Ortho-CyclenGeneric: Norgestimate and Ethinyl Estradiol
- Brand: Irbesartan Generic TabletsGeneric: irbesartan
- Brand: KionexGeneric: Sodium Polystyrene Sulfonate
- Brand: LexxelGeneric: Enalapril Maleate-Felodipine
- Brand: Teveten HCTGeneric: Eprosartan Mesylate Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets
- Brand: Foradil CertihalerGeneric: Formoterol Fumarate Inhalation Powder
- Brand: GaviLyte-H Tablets and Oral SolutionGeneric: PEG-3350, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Bicarbonate and Potassium Chloride
- Brand: Diovan HCTGeneric: Valsartan and Hydrochlorothiazide
- Brand: CapotenGeneric: Captopril
- Brand: UnireticGeneric: Moexipril HCl Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets
- Brand: ByvalsonGeneric: Nebivolol and Valsartan Tablets
- Brand: AtacandGeneric: Candesartan Cilexetil
- Brand: Fludrocortisone TabletsGeneric: Fludrocortisone
- Brand: HytrinGeneric: Terazosin Hcl
- Brand: TekamloGeneric: Aliskiren and Amlodipine Tablets
- Brand: PerforomistGeneric: Formoterol Fumarate Inhalation Solution
- Brand: Dexilant and Dexilant SoluTabsGeneric: Dexlansoprazole Capsules and Tablets
- Brand: YospralaGeneric: Aspirin and Omeprazole Tablets
- Brand: AmlobenzGeneric: Amlodipine Besylate and Benazepril Hydrochloride Capsules
- Brand: Foradil AerolizerGeneric: Formoterol Fumarate Inhalation Powder
- Brand: Monopril HCTGeneric: Fosinopril Sodium-Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets
- Brand: PrinzideGeneric: Lisinopril and Hydrochlorothiazide
- Brand: NeconGeneric: Norethindrone and Ethinyl Estradiol Tablets
- Brand: Ortho-NovumGeneric: Norethindrone and Ethinyl Estradiol
- Brand: PlegisolGeneric: Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Calcium Chloride, and Magnesium Chloride Injection Solution
- Brand: AvaproGeneric: Irbesartan
- Brand: BactrimGeneric: Trimethoprim and Sulfamethoxazole
- Brand: Indocin SRGeneric: Indomethacin Extended Release Capsules
- Brand: AltaceGeneric: Ramipril Tablets
- Brand: PrestaliaGeneric: Perindopril Arginine and Amlodipine Tablets
- Brand: VasotecGeneric: Enalapril
- Brand: Aminosyn ElectrolytesGeneric: Crystalline Amino Acid Solution with Electrolytes
- Brand: DutrebisGeneric: Lamivudine and Raltegravir Film-coated Tablets
- Brand: TranxeneGeneric: Clorazepate Dipotassium
- Brand: EpanedGeneric: Enalapril Powder for Oral Solution
- Brand: PrinivilGeneric: Lisinopril
- Brand: SutentGeneric: Sunitinib Malate
- Brand: UnivascGeneric: Moexipril
- Brand: Lotensin HctGeneric: Benazepril HCl and HCTZ
- Brand: LotrelGeneric: Amlodipine Besylate and Benazepril HCl
- Brand: MavikGeneric: Trandolapril
- Brand: ThymoglobulinGeneric: Anti-Thymocyte Globulin (Rabbit) Intravenous Administration
- Brand: Aci-JelGeneric: Vaginal Jelly
- Brand: FolivaneGeneric: Multivitamin Capsules
- Brand: FuroxoneGeneric: Furazolidone
- Brand: GaviLyte-NGeneric: PEG-3350 and electrolytes
- Brand: QuartetteGeneric: Levonorgestrel/Ethinyl Estradiol and Ethinyl Estradiol
- Brand: Suprep Bowel Prep KitGeneric: sodium sulfate, potassium sulfate, and magnesium sulfate
- Brand: ZypitamagGeneric: Pitavastatin Tablets for Oral Use
- Brand: Candesartan Cilexetil Hydrochlorothiazide TabletsGeneric: candesartan cilexetil hydrochlorothiazide
- Brand: Prempro, PremphaseGeneric: Conjugated Estrogens, Medroxyprogesterone Acetate
- Brand: KorlymGeneric: Mifepristone
- Brand: ProtonixGeneric: Pantoprazole
- Brand: BumexGeneric: Bumetanide
- Brand: EdecrinGeneric: Ethacrynic Acid
- Brand: Ethacrynic Acid TabletsGeneric: Ethacrynic Acid Tablets
- Brand: Micardis HCTGeneric: Telmisartan and Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets
- Brand: SeptraGeneric: Trimethoprim and Sulfamethoxazole
- Brand: TekturnaGeneric: Aliskiren Tablets
- Brand: CambiaGeneric: Diclofenac Potassium for Oral Solution
- Brand: CataflamGeneric: Diclofenac Potassium Immediate-Release Tablets
- Brand: Ortho Tri-Cyclen LoGeneric: Norgestimate, Ethinyl Estradiol
- Brand: RestorilGeneric: Temazepam
- Brand: Tri-SprintecGeneric: Norgestimate and Ethinyl Estradiol Tablets-Triphasic Regimen
- Brand: TriNessaGeneric: Norgestimate and Ethinyl Estradiol Tablets
- Brand: ZipsorGeneric: Diclofenac Potassium Liquid Filled Capsules
- Brand: LozolGeneric: Indapamide
- Brand: Advair HFAGeneric: Fluticasone Propionate and Salmeterol
- Brand: KerledexGeneric: betaxolol hydrochloride and chlorthalidone
- Brand: GatifloxacinGeneric: gatifloxacin
- Brand: Dextrose / Electrolytes No. 48Generic: 5% Dextrose and Electrolyte No. 48 Injection
- Brand: Normocarb HFGeneric: Sterile Electrolyte Concentrate for Infusion
- Brand: PrevacidGeneric: Lansoprazole
- Brand: Zenate PrenatalGeneric: Vitamins Prenatal with Zinc
- Brand: Aciphex SprinkleGeneric: rabeprazole sodium
- Brand: Atacand HCTGeneric: Candesartan Cilexetil-Hydrochlorothiazide
- Brand: SamscaGeneric: Tolvaptan Tablets
- Brand: IndocinGeneric: Indomethacin
- Brand: Indocin Oral SuspensionGeneric: Indomethacin Oral Suspension
- Brand: TivorbexGeneric: Indomethacin Capsules
- Brand: ZiacGeneric: Bisoprolol and Hydrochlorothiazide
- Brand: EtrafonGeneric: Perphenazine and Amitriptyline
- Brand: LamictalGeneric: Lamotrigine
- Brand: QuinidexGeneric: Quinidine
- Brand: XospataGeneric: Gilteritinib Tablets
- Brand: AccuprilGeneric: Quinapril Hydrochloride
- Brand: Dianeal Low CalciumGeneric: Low Calcium Peritoneal Dialysis Solutions
- Brand: Dianeal PD-1Generic: Peritoneal Dialysis Solution
- Brand: Dianeal PD-2Generic: Peritoneal Dialysis Solution
- Brand: LotensinGeneric: Benazepril
- Brand: CancidasGeneric: Caspofungin Acetate for Injection
- Brand: QbrelisGeneric: Lisinopril
- Brand: ZestrilGeneric: Lisinopril
- Brand: Glucophage, Glucophage XRGeneric: Metformin Hcl
- Brand: IntelenceGeneric: Entravirine Tablets
- Brand: Plasma-Lyte 56 and DextroseGeneric: Multiple Electrolytes and Dextrose Injection in Viaflex Plastic Container
- Brand: Plasma-Lyte M and 5% Dextrose InjectionGeneric: Multiple Electrolytes and Dextrose Injection
- Brand: ProquadGeneric: Measles Mumps Rubella Varicella Vaccine Live
- Brand: Benicar HCTGeneric: Olmesartan Medoxomil-Hydrochlorothiazide
- Brand: InvokametGeneric: Canagliflozin and Metformin Hydrochloride Tablets
- Brand: Flo-PredGeneric: Prednisolone Acetate Oral Suspension
- Brand: Orapred ODTGeneric: Prednisolone Sodium Phosphate
- Brand: TriesenceGeneric: Triamcinolone Acetonide Injectable Suspension
- Brand: ApidraGeneric: Insulin Glulisine [rDNA origin] Inj
- Brand: Aristocort Forte InjectionGeneric: Triamcinolone Diacetate
- Brand: Celestone SoluspanGeneric: Betamethasone Injectable Suspension
- Brand: DecadronGeneric: Dexamethasone
- Brand: HumalogGeneric: Insulin Lispro (Human Analog)
- Brand: Humulin RGeneric: Insulin (Human Recombinant)
- Brand: CorzideGeneric: Nadolol and Bendroflumethiazide
- Brand: DemadexGeneric: Torsemide
- Brand: GLYRX-PFGeneric: Glycopyrrolate Injection
- Brand: Invokamet XRGeneric: canagliflozin and metformin hydrochloride
- Brand: InvokanaGeneric: Canagliflozin Tablets
- Brand: SandimmuneGeneric: Cyclosporine
- Brand: Advair DiskusGeneric: Fluticasone Propionate
- Brand: DuleraGeneric: Mometasone Furoate, Formoterol Fumarate Dihydrate Inhalation
- Brand: AccuzymeGeneric: Papain and Urea
- Brand: AnturaneGeneric: Sulfinpyrazone
- Brand: DaklinzaGeneric: Daclatasvir Tablets
- Brand: Deconsal DMGeneric: Phenylephrine, Pyrilamine Maleate, and Dextromethorphan HBr
- Brand: Deconsal CTGeneric: Phenylephrine HCl and Pyrilamine Maleate Tannate Chewable Tablets
- Brand: DemulenGeneric: Ethinyl Estradiol and Ethynodiol Diacetate
- Brand: DesyrelGeneric: Trazodone Hydrochloride
- Brand: Dextrose / Electrolytes No. 75Generic: 5% Dextrose and Electrolyte No. 75 Inj
- Brand: Norminest Fe and Norquest FeGeneric: Norgestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol Tablets
- Brand: SingulairGeneric: Montelukast Sodium
- Brand: SumadanGeneric: Sodium Sulfacetamide Wash
- Brand: SupraxGeneric: Cefixime
- Brand: VioreleGeneric: Deogestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol Tablets
- Brand: VitraseGeneric: Hyaluronidase Injection
- Brand: ZotrimGeneric: Sulfamethoxazole, Trimethoprim, Phenazopyridine
- Brand: ZytigaGeneric: Abiraterone Acetate Tablets
- Brand: Aminosyn HF 8%Generic: Amino Acid Injection Hepatic Formula
- Brand: TikosynGeneric: Dofetilide
- Brand: Tasigna CapsulesGeneric: Nilotinib Capsules
- Brand: Celestone SyrupGeneric: Betamethasone
- Brand: TimolideGeneric: Timolol Maleate-Hydrochlorothiazide
- Brand: ZaroxolynGeneric: Metolazone Tablets
- Brand: ZometaGeneric: Zoledronic Acid for Inj
- Brand: SymbicortGeneric: Budesonide and Formoterol Fumarate Dihydrate
- Brand: Wixela InhubGeneric: Fluticasone Propionate and Salmeterol Inhalation Powder
- Brand: Gengraf CapsulesGeneric: Cyclosporine Capsules
- Brand: NeoralGeneric: Cyclosporine
- Brand: PrednisoneGeneric: Prednisone Tablets, USP
- Brand: Abilify MyCiteGeneric: Aripiprazole Tablets with Sensor
- Brand: BekyreeGeneric: Desogestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol Tablets
- Brand: Biaxin, Biaxin XLGeneric: Clarithromycin
- Brand: BreviconGeneric: Norethindrone and Ethinyl Estradiol Tablets
- Brand: Cleocin HydrochlorideGeneric: Cleocin Hydrochloride Capsules
- Brand: Influenza A H1N1 Intranasal VaccineGeneric: Influenza A H1N1 Monovalent Intranasal Vaccine Live
- Brand: Lo Loestrin FEGeneric: Norethindrone Acetate and Ethinyl Estradiol, Ethinyl Estradiol Tablets
- Brand: PrevpacGeneric: Lansoprazole, Amoxicillin and Clarithromycin
- Brand: PristiqGeneric: Desvenlafaxine Extended-Release Tablets
- Brand: ProcalamineGeneric: Amino Acid and Glycerin
- Brand: Aminosyn HBC 7% Sulfite FreeGeneric: Amino Acid Injection High Branched Chain
- Brand: Aminosyn II 3.5% in 25% DextroseGeneric: Amino Acid Injection in Dextrose Injection
- Brand: Generic:
- Brand: Aminosyn II 5% in 25% DextroseGeneric: Amino Acid Injection 5% in 25% Dextrose Injection
- Brand: Bicillin C-R 900/300Generic: Penicillin G Benzathine and Penicillin G Procaine Injection
- Brand: HepatAmineGeneric: Amino Acid
- Brand: AciphexGeneric: Rabeprazole Sodium
- Brand: FiaspGeneric: Insulin Aspart Injection for Subcutaneous or Intravenous Use
- Brand: Humulin 70-30Generic: Insulin (Human Recombinant)
- Brand: Humulin NGeneric: Insulin (Human Recombinant)
- Brand: MetolazoneGeneric: Metolazone Tablets
- Brand: Novolin RGeneric: Recombinant DNA Origin
- Brand: Osmitrol Injection in ViaflexGeneric: Mannitol Injection in Viaflex Plastic Container
- Brand: EndrateGeneric: Edetate
- Brand: MicrozideGeneric: Hydrochlorothiazide Capsule
- Brand: Afluria Quadrivalent 2016Generic: Afluria Quadrivalent 2016
- Brand: AvianeGeneric: Levonorgestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol Tablets
- Brand: BSS Plus 500Generic: Sterile Intraocular Irrigating Solution
- Brand: DisalcidGeneric: Salsalate
- Brand: Entero VuGeneric: 24% Barium Sulfate Suspension
- Brand: LivaloGeneric: Pitavastatin
- Brand: MotegrityGeneric: Prucalopride Tablets
- Brand: ShingrixGeneric: Zoster Vaccine Recombinant, Adjuvanted Suspension for Intramuscular Injection
- Brand: Slo-phyllinGeneric: Theophylline, Anhydrous
- Brand: Tetanus Toxoid AdsorbedGeneric: Tetanus Toxoid Adsorbed
- Brand: CuvposaGeneric: Glycopyrrolate Oral Solution
- Brand: Diamox SequelsGeneric: Acetazolamide XR
- Brand: MethazolamideGeneric: Methazolamide
- Brand: NeumegaGeneric: Oprelvekin
- Brand: Astagraf XLGeneric: Tacrolimus Extended-release Capsules
- Brand: DexamethasoneGeneric: Dexamethasone
- Brand: LantusGeneric: Insulin Glargine [rDNA origin] Injection
- Brand: PrografGeneric: Tacrolimus
- Brand: TenoreticGeneric: Atenolol and Chlorthalidone
Slideshows, Images, and Quizzes
- Magnesium: Basics, Benefits, and SourcesSource: OnHealth Optimized
Magnesium is a critical mineral nutrient that the body needs, along with calcium and potassium, to regulate blood pressure. Many people do not get enough magnesium. Magnesium deficiency may result in muscle cramps, seizures, and heart disease. Eat more nuts, seeds, and leafy greens to prevent deficiency and keep magnesium levels up.
- Healthy Eating: What Foods Have More Potassium Than a Banana?Source: WebMD - Health Tools
It turns out lots of things have more potassium than a banana! Here's a guide to the tastiest choices.
- Heart Healthy Diet: 25 Foods You Should EatSource: OnHealth Optimized
What foods are heart healthy? Learn what foods help protect your cardiovascular system from heart attack, coronary heart disease, stroke, and cardiovascular disease. Plus, find easy meal recipes and menu ideas for more everyday heart benefit.
- Nutritional Health: 19 Key Vitamins and Minerals Your Body NeedsSource: OnHealth Optimized
Minerals and vitamins are key nutrients your body needs to thrive. Vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin D, vitamin E, niacin, and riboflavin are just a few of these nutrients. Some vitamins act as antioxidants. Minerals serve many vital roles.
- Food and Recipes: Cheap, Healthy FoodsSource: WebMD - Health Tools
Think you have to pay big bucks to eat healthy? Think again. Find out more about cheap foods that will keep your body and bank account in good health.
- Organic Foods Guide: When To Buy (or Not Buy) OrganicSource: OnHealth Optimized
What health benefits can organic foods offer? What organic foods have the best nutrition, and when are supermarket standards fine? Learn about milk, beef, apples, bananas, and more. Learn what fruits and vegetables have the most pesticides according to FDA reports.
- Healthy Aging: Vitamins You Need as You AgeSource: WebMD - Health Tools
Your body needs more of certain vitamins and minerals as you hit your 40s and beyond. Find out which ones will benefit you -- and which won't.
- Men's Health: What Foods Improve Male Health?Source: OnHealth Optimized
What foods have the most health benefits for men? For losing weight, gaining muscle, and lowering your risk of prostate cancer, check out these healthy foods. Choosing a diet focused on whole grains, fruits, and a variety of vegetables can lead to a longer life, fewer health problems, and a trim waistline. Learn more about the health advantages of various foods for guys.
- Osteoporosis Super-Foods for Strong Bones With PicturesSource: WebMD - Health Tools
WebMD shows you how to build strong bones -- and stave off osteoporosis -- through a diet rich in high-calcium foods that might surprise you.
- Tropical Fruits: 8 Exotic Fruits for Your Everyday Grocery ListSource: WebMD - Health Tools
From the acai berry to the pomegranate, WebMD shows to prepare and serve vitamin-rich, exotic, tropical fruits.
- Diet for Stress Management: Carbs, Nuts, and Other Stress-Relief FoodsSource: WebMD - Health Tools
While there are many ways to cope with stress, one strategy is to eat stress-fighting foods. WebMD shows you which foods to eat as part of a stress management diet.
- Kidney Disease Quiz: Test Your Medical IQSource: RxList
Take this online kidney disease quiz to learn the symptoms and causes of kidney disease and what foods to eat and avoid!
Diseases, Conditions, and Procedures
- Are You Getting Enough Potassium in Your Diet?Source: MedicineNet
Potassium is a mineral (electrolyte) used by the body to function. Low blood potassium (hypokalemia) is a condition in which the body is not getting enough potassium. Causes of hypokalemia are chronic kidney disease, low magnesium, and sweating. Symptoms of low potassium include palpitations and muscle aches. Usually, people with infections like the stomach flu will recover on their own. However, in severe cases you may be hospitalized.
- Low Potassium (Hypokalemia)Source: MedicineNet
Low potassium or hypokalemia is a decrease in blood potassium levels, which is caused by colon polyps, vomiting, diarrhea, medications, and laxatives. Foods in the diet are how the body absorbs potassium. Symptoms of low potassium in the blood include palpitations, muscle cramps, and muscle aches. Treatment for low potassium is low potassium through diet IV.
- High Potassium (Hyperkalemia)Source: MedicineNet
Hyperkalemia (high blood potassium) is abnormally high potassium levels in the blood. Hyperkalemia symptoms include nausea, muscle weakness, tingling sensations. Medications and certain medical conditions are hyperkalemia causes.
- ElectrolytesSource: MedicineNet
Read about blood electrolytes (sodium, potassium, chloride, and bicarbonate) and the effects of electrolyte imbalances like kidney failure, low blood pressure, hypokalemia, and hyperkalemia.
- Muscle CrampsSource: MedicineNet
A muscle cramp is an involuntarily contracted muscle that won't relax. Get information on muscle cramps (charley horses), including leg cramps, causes (vitamin deficiency, drugs, lactic acid, dehydration, low calcium, potassium or magnesium), treatment, home remedies, and prevention.
- Edema (Pitting)Source: MedicineNet
Edema is swelling caused by fluid accumulation in the tissues of the body and occurs most often in the legs, feet, ankles, or hands. Learn about different types, symptoms, causes, and treatment.
- Periodic Paralysis SyndromeSource: MedicineNet
Periodic paralysis syndrome describes seven to eight different types of rare genetic conditions that cause symptoms of episodic muscle weakness and paralysis. Episodes of paralysis can occur in only certain areas of the body, like an arm or leg, or the whole body. Hypokalemic and normokalemic are two kinds of this genetic problem. Treatment depends upon the type. There is no cure for these syndromes.
- 15 Top Pregnancy Power Foods (Superfoods)Source: MedicineNet
Read about pregnancy power foods or superfoods, which are healthy foods that provide nutrients for you and your growing baby. Learn why each food is healthy for you and your baby, and find out how to enjoy these power foods.
- ConstipationSource: MedicineNet
Constipation is something that everyone has once in awhile. Medications, bowel habits, foods you eat, and laxatives all can cause occasional constipation. Home remedies and over-the-counter products generally treat occasional constipation. If you have constipation on a frequent basis, contact your doctor.
- Headache Home RemediesSource: MedicineNet
Natural or home remedies for headaches include drinking coconut water, caffeine, essential oils like lavender, herbs, vitamins, and avoiding certain foods that trigger headaches, like foods high in salt, alcohol, shellfish, preserved foods, and foods rich in tyramine-rich nutrients.
- High Blood Pressure Treatment (Natural Home Remedies, Diet, Medications)Source: MedicineNet
High blood pressure can be reduced and managed naturally with the DASH diet, and by quitting smoking, reducing alcohol intake, and cutting back on caffeine. Combined with diet, other natural ways to lower blood pressure naturally are stress reduction and weight loss. If high blood pressure cannot be controlled naturally, medications may be necessary.
- Heartburn During Pregnancy Source: MedicineNet
Heartburn during pregnancy is common due to high levels of hormones. Certain foods can aggravate heartburn, such as chocolate, fatty foods, peppermint, and chocolate. There are natural, home remedies like avoiding tight clothing, bending and moving correctly, and even chewing gum!
- Atrial Fibrillation (AFib) Treatment DrugsSource: MedicineNet
Atrial fibrillation (AFib) is an abnormal heart rhythm that causes an irregular and rapid heartbeat. Medications to treat AFib include beta-blockers, blood thinners, and heart rhythm drugs. AFib medications can cause side effects.
- Interstitial Cystitis (IC) and Painful Bladder Syndrome (PBS)Source: MedicineNet
Interstitial cystitis (IC)/painful bladder syndrome (PBS) is an inflammatory disease of the bladder that can cause ulceration and bleeding of the bladder's lining and can lead to scarring and stiffening of the bladder. Symptoms of interstitial cystitis vary, but can include pelvic or bladder pain, frequent urination, and urinary urgency.
- Preeclampsia and EclampsiaSource: MedicineNet
Preeclampsia is a condition that pregnant women can get and is marked by three specific symptoms. Eclampsia is the final and most severe phase of preeclampsia and occurs when preeclampsia is left untreated.
- Laxatives for ConstipationSource: MedicineNet
Laxatives are often used to relieve constipation. Examples of types of laxatives include bulk-forming, stool softeners, lubricants, stimulants, saline, enemas, and suppositories. Side effects include allergies to ingredients in the medicine; interactions with other medications; liver, spleen, and lymph gland inflammation; and over-thinning of blood.
- Hemodialysis (Treatment for Kidney Failure)Source: Government
Read about hemodialysis, a treatment for kidney failure using an advanced dialysis machine to remove waste products from the blood, and then returning the clean blood to the patient.
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis (Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, Complications)Source: MedicineNet
Diabetic ketoacidosis, a life threatening complication that affects people with type 1 diabetes. Diabetic ketoacidosis occurs when the body cannot produce enough insulin for glucose (blood sugar) to use for fuel. Low insulin levels produce ketones (blood acids), which alters the body’s electrolytes. Diabetic ketoacidosis can be fatal if not medically treated.
- Dehydration in Adults & ChildrenSource: MedicineNet
Read about dehydration in children, adults, symptoms, and signs (thirst, dry mouth, dark urine), causes (vomiting, diarrhea). Causes of dehydration are diarrhea, vomiting, excessive sweating, and diseases or conditions like diabetes or severe skin burns.
- Kidney (Renal) Failure Source: MedicineNet
Kidney (Renal) failure (acute or chronic) occurs when the kidneys no longer function well and the end stage of kidney failure. Some people have symptoms of kidney failure while others do not; however whey they do occur they include shortness of breath, generalized swelling, and congestive heart failure. Causes of acute and chronic kidney failure include medications, cancer, and cirrhosis. Kidney failure can be treated with medications, lifestyle changes, dialysis, and kidney transplant. There is no cure for kidney failure.
- Common Medical Abbreviations & TermsSource: MedicineNet
Use this list of common medical abbreviations and terminology used by doctors, medical specialists, RNs, PAs, and other health-care professionals to help you read and decipher the information on your prescriptions and doctors' medical notes.
- DASH Diet (for High Blood Pressure)Source: MedicineNet
Learn about the DASH diet for high blood pressure. The DASH diet includes eliminating high salt, fat, and sugary foods and drinks from the diet (for example, meat dishes, pizza, soups, prepackaged foods), and replacing them with healthier options.
- Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumors (Islet Cell Tumors)Source: Government
Pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors (NETs) form in the islet cells of the pancreas. Signs and symptoms vary depending upon the type of pancreatic NET. Read about prognosis, treatment, and staging.
- Premature Ventricular Contractions (PVCs)Source: MedicineNet
Read about premature ventricular contractions (PVCs) or premature heartbeats that originate from the heart ventricles. Causes of PVCs include heart attacks, high blood pressure, COPD, medications, alcohol, excess caffeine, and more.
- Reflux Laryngitis (Diet, Home Remedies, Medicine)Source: MedicineNet
Reflux laryngitis is a condition caused by GERD or acid backing up into the esophagus and vocal cords. The most common symptom of reflux laryngitis is heartburn. This type of laryngitis causes inflammation of the lining of the esophagus, which causes chronic hoarseness, cough, and throat clearing, difficulty swallowing, asthma, and sinusitis. Diet, home remedies, lifestyle changes, and OTC and prescription medication treat most cases of reflux laryngitis. Rarely, surgery is necessary.
- Types of Antacids MedicationsSource: RxList
Information about antacids used to treat heartburn, gastritis, esophagitis, duodenitis, ulcers, calcium deficiencies, hyperphosphatemia, low phosphate levels, postmenopausal osteoporosis. Including side effects, types, uses, and interaction.
- Types of Diuretics MedicationsSource: RxList
Diuretics: FAQs - Information on diuretic drugs and the diseases and conditions they are prescribed for; high blood pressure, kidney disease, heart disease, osteoporosis, kidney failure, cirrhosis, and glaucoma. Including uses, types, side effect, and drug interaction.
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) MedicationsSource: RxList
Learn about high blood pressure (hypertension) medications such as ACE inhibitors, beta-blockers, diuretics, angiotensin II receptor blockers, calcium channel blockers, alpha-blockers, alpha-2 receptor blockers, central agonists, peripheral adrenergic inhibitors, and vasodilators. Read about side effects, drug interactions, and more.
- ACE InhibitorsSource: RxList
Learn about ACE Inhibitors, a class of drugs prescribed for high blood pressure, heart failure, hypertension related kidney disease, stroke prevention, and other conditions. Side Effects, types, uses, and interaction are also included.
- High-Sodium, Low-Potassium Diet Linked to Heart RiskSource: WebMD Health News
According to a new study, diet high in sodium and low in potassium increases the risk of death from heart disease and other causes.
- Hospira Recalls One Lot of Magnesium Sulfate for InjectionSource: WebMD Health News
Hospira, Inc has issued a voluntary recall of one lot of magnesium sulfate in water for injection (0.325 mEq Mg**/mL) after a customer report of an incorrect barcode on the primary bag labeling, the company has announced.
- Magnesium May Improve MemorySource: WebMD Health News
Magnesium, a mineral found in dark leafy vegetables and certain fruits, beans, and nuts, may help prevent age-related memory lapses.
- Magnesium-Rich Foods May Lower Stroke RiskSource: WebMD Health News
Read about how magnesium-rich foods may lower stroke risk.
- Potassium Iodide Tablet FactsSource: Government
Read the FDA's final issue of the Guidance on Potassium Iodide as a Thyroid Blocking Agent in Radiation Emergencies on RxList.com
- Short-term Magnesium Sulfate Use Appropriate, ACOG, SMFM SaySource: FDA
Short-term (usually less than 48 hours) use of magnesium sulfate in obstetric care is appropriate for certain conditions and duration of treatment, according to a committee opinion from the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine. The new recommendations, which update the previous opinion from September 2013, are published in the January issue of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- FDA Approves New Drug to Treat HyperkalemiaSource: FDA
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Veltassa (patiromer for oral suspension) to treat hyperkalemia, a serious condition in which the amount of potassium in the blood is too high.
- FDA Approves First Generic Versions of Drugs for HypertensionSource: FDA
The FDA approved the first generic versions of Cozaar and Hyzaar, two drugs used for the treatment of hypertension.
- Study: Healthy Eating Costs MoreSource: WebMD Health News
Healthy eating can really run up a grocery bill, making it tough for Americans on tight budgets to meet nutritional guidelines, according to a new analysis.
- Direct Comparison Favors Electrolyte Bowel PrepSource: WebMD Health News
For bowel cleanliness and readiness, polyethylene glycol is better than a combination of sodium picosulfate plus magnesium citrate, and split dosing over 2 days is more effective than split dosing over 1 day, according to a new study.
- Spironolactone Promising in Duchenne Muscular DystrophySource: WebMD Health News
Preliminary results from a study of spironolactone in Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) suggest that the drug is safe in this patient group and may preserve left ventricular function.
- Top Prescriptions Index for 2010Source: RxList
- Top Prescriptions Index for 2011Source: RxList
- Do Older Adults Need Vitamins, Supplements?Source: WebMD Health News
From an Emory University expert, half or more of adults age 65 and above take daily vitamins and other supplements, but only a fraction actually need them.
- FDA Approves Potiga to Treat Seizures in AdultsSource: FDA
Potiga (ezogabine) tablets were approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for use as an add-on medication to treat seizures associated with epilepsy in adults.
- Label Mix-Up Prompts Asthma/Allergy Med RecallSource: WebMD Health News
Camber Pharmaceuticals is recalling one lot of montelukast sodium tablets because the bottles are labeled "montelukast sodium tablets, 10-mg, 30-count" but actually contain 90 tablets of losartan potassium, 50 mg.
- Top Prescriptions Index for 2009Source: RxList
- Deficiency, magnesium
- K (potassium)
- Magnesium deficiency
- Magnesium excess
- Magnesium sulfate
- Potassium deficiency
- Potassium excess
- Potassium perchlorate
- Mag sulfate
- Periodic paralyses
- Adrenal gland
- Bartter syndrome
- Bergamot oil
- Conn syndrome
- DRVs (Daily Reference Values)
- Epsom salt
- Hormone, mineralocorticoid
- Diet, DASH
- MagnesiumSource: Therapeutic Research Faculty
Learn more about Magnesium health benefits, uses, side effects, effectiveness, safety, precautions, and warnings
- PotassiumSource: Therapeutic Research Faculty
Learn more about Potassium health benefits, uses, side effects, effectiveness, safety, precautions, and warnings