- Brand: NamendaGeneric: Memantine HCL
- Brand: Namenda XRGeneric: Memantine Hydrochloride Extended Release Capsules
- Brand: NamzaricGeneric: Memantine Hydrochloride Extended-release and Donepezil Hydrochloride Capsules
- Brand: Nuedexta CapsulesGeneric: Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide and Quinidine Sulfate Capsules
- Brand: Exelon PatchGeneric: Rivastigmine Transdermal System
- Brand: AriceptGeneric: Donepezil
Diseases, Conditions, and Procedures
- Alzheimer's DiseaseSource: MedicineNet
Learn about Alzheimer's disease, the most common cause of dementia. Some of the symptoms of Alzheimer's disease are memory loss, problems performing familiar tasks, vision problems, and personality changes. Read about causes, stages, and treatments.
- DementiaSource: MedicineNet
Dementia is a disease that include a variety of symptoms and signs, for example, memory loss, impaired judgement, and problems with doing daily tasks. Dementia is caused by factors that lead to damaged neurons. There are five types of dementia and 13 stages of the disease. Treatment therapies are directed at managing symptoms and progression of the disease.
- FibromyalgiaSource: MedicineNet
Fibromyalgia symptoms include sleep disturbances, tender points, and fatigue. Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition that causes body-wide muscle pain.
- TonometrySource: MedicineNet
Tonometry is a method for measuring intraocular pressure (IOP) and detecting glaucoma. Learn how tonometry is performed and the equipment that's used during the procedure.
- Mental HealthSource: MedicineNet
Read about mental health, and learn about common types of mental illness, such as anxiety, depression, and behavioral and substance abuse disorders.
- Binswanger's DiseaseSource: Government
Learn about Binswanger's disease, a form of dementia with symptoms like short-term memory loss, mood chantes, inappropriate behavior, forgetfulness, unsteady gait, and more.
- Alzheimer's Drug May Be Neuroprotective in TBISource: WebMD Health News
A drug commonly used to treat Alzheimer's disease (AD) may also be beneficial for traumatic brain injury (TBI), new research suggests. The randomized study of 41 adults with moderate TBI showed that those who received memantine (from Forest Labs and other manufacturers) plus standard TBI management had significantly greater reductions 7 days later in levels of serum neuron-specific enolase (NSE) compared with those who received standard management only. NSE is a common marker for neuronal damage.
- FDA Approves Namzaric for Alzheimer's DiseaseSource: WebMD Health News
he US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved a fixed-dose combination of memantine hydrochloride extended-release (XR) and donepezil hydrochloride (Namzaric, Actavis plc/Adamas Pharm) for moderate to severe Alzheimer's-related dementia in patients receiving stable doses of the two drugs.