- Brand: PyridiumGeneric: Phenazopyridine
- Brand: UrobioticGeneric: Oxytetracycline, Sulfamethizole and Phenazopyridine
- Brand: ZotrimGeneric: Sulfamethoxazole, Trimethoprim, Phenazopyridine
Diseases, Conditions, and Procedures
- Interstitial Cystitis (IC) and Painful Bladder Syndrome (PBS)Source: MedicineNet
Interstitial cystitis (IC)/painful bladder syndrome (PBS) is characterized by a feeling or need to urinate urgently or frequently, often with pelvic pain. Read about other symptoms, causes, diagnosis, and treatment.
- UrinalysisSource: MedicineNet
Learn about the urinalysis test. Urine tests can be used to test for drugs, pregnancy, or diseases and conditions such as urinary tract or kidney infection, kidney stones, kidney failure, diabetes, or high blood pressure can be diagnosed or monitored.
- Bladder Infection (Cystitis)Source: MedicineNet
Read about bladder infection (cystitis) symptoms in men, women, and children (frequent urination, burning urination, foul-smelling urine), signs, treatment, and home remedies. Learn about medications that get rid of bladder infections.
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)Source: MedicineNet
Read about urinary tract infection (UTI) symptoms in men and women and about treatment and home remedies. Learn what causes urinary tract infections in males, females, and children. Learn when antibiotics are warranted for a UTI so you can get rid of it fast.
- PhenazopyridineSource: RxList Medscape
Phenazopyridine is used to relieve symptoms caused by irritation of the urinary tract such as pain, burning, and the feeling of needing to urinate urgently or frequently. Phenazopyridine does not treat the cause of the urinary irritation, but it can help relieve the symptoms while other treatments take effect. Phenazopyridine is a dye that works as a painkiller to soothe the lining of the urinary tract.