- Brand: AldactoneGeneric: Spironolactone
- Brand: CarospirGeneric: Spironolactone
- Brand: AldactazideGeneric: Spironolactone and Hydrochlorothiazide
- Brand: Lanoxin InjectionGeneric: Digoxin Injection
- Brand: LanoxinGeneric: Digoxin Tablets
- Brand: DemadexGeneric: Torsemide
- Brand: CortrosynGeneric: Cosyntropin
- Brand: DyreniumGeneric: Triamterene
- Brand: CasodexGeneric: Bicalutamide
Slideshows, Images, and Quizzes
- Picture of Polycystic Ovary SyndromeSource: RxList
View an Illustration of Picture of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome and learn more about Medical Anatomy.
Diseases, Conditions, and Procedures
- Ascites: Fluid RetentionSource: MedicineNet
Ascites is accumulation of fluid in the abdominal cavity, often caused by liver disease or cirrhosis, cancers, or heart failure. Learn about symptoms, types, and treatment.
- Cystic AcneSource: MedicineNet
Cystic acne is the most severe form of acne and is characterized by painful nodules on the face, back, chest, and neck. Read about treatment, medications, home remedies, and causes.
- What Are Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Symptoms?Source: MedicineNet
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) symptoms include: acne, obesity, irregular or no periods, and excess hair growth. PCOS treatment depends on the woman's stage of life, which can include medication, birth control pills, and fertility treatments when pregnancy is desired.
- High Potassium (Hyperkalemia)Source: MedicineNet
Hyperkalemia (high blood potassium) is abnormally high potassium levels in the blood. Hyperkalemia symptoms include nausea, muscle weakness, tingling sensations. Medications and certain medical conditions are hyperkalemia causes.
- Gynecomastia (Enlarged Male Breasts)Source: MedicineNet
Gynecomastia is condition in which the gland tissue enlarges the the male breast(s). There are numerous causes of gynecomastia. Medications and surgery can correct and cure the problem.
- Menstrual Cramps and PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome) TreatmentSource: MedicineNet
Read about menstrual cramps and PMS (premenstrual syndrome) over-the-counter and prescription medications to relieve menstrual cramps and PMS symptoms.
- Hair Loss (Alopecia) In Men and In WomenSource: MedicineNet
Causes of hair loss in men or in women include thyroid disease, alopecia areata, telogen effluvium, and tinea capitis. Hair loss prevention and treatment may involve minoxidil (Rogaine) or finasteride (Propecia). Learn about 2 types of hair loss and how to prevent it.
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)Source: MedicineNet
Premenstrual syndrome or PMS is a set of symptoms in females that occur in the first half of the menstrual cycle. Symptoms include irritability, depression, crying, mood swings, and oversensitivity. Natural and home remedies, medication, and lifestyle modifications may help with PMS symptoms.
- Heart FailureSource: MedicineNet
Heart failure symptoms include fatigue, nausea, coughing, lightheadedness, and loss of appetite. Learn about heart failure stages, types (diastolic, systolic), treatment guidelines, diet, prognosis, and life expectancy.
- Cirrhosis (Liver)Source: MedicineNet
Cirrhosis of the liver symptoms includes jaundice, fatigue, weakness, loss of appetite, itching, and easy bruising. Learn about causes, treatment, 4 stages, life expectancy, and cancer.
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) MedicationsSource: RxList
Learn about high blood pressure (hypertension) medications such as ACE inhibitors, beta-blockers, diuretics, angiotensin II receptor blockers, calcium channel blockers, alpha-blockers, alpha-2 receptor blockers, central agonists, peripheral adrenergic inhibitors, and vasodilators. Read about side effects, drug interactions, and more.
- Spironolactone Promising in Duchenne Muscular DystrophySource: WebMD Health News
Preliminary results from a study of spironolactone in Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) suggest that the drug is safe in this patient group and may preserve left ventricular function.