- Brand: TekamloGeneric: Aliskiren and Amlodipine Tablets
- Brand: ExforgeGeneric: Amlodipine and Valsartan
- Brand: CaduetGeneric: Amlodipine Besylate, Atorvastatin Calcium
- Brand: Generic:
- Brand: DiovanGeneric: Valsartan
- Brand: LotrelGeneric: Amlodipine Besylate and Benazepril HCl
- Brand: Diovan HCTGeneric: Valsartan and Hydrochlorothiazide
- Brand: AmlobenzGeneric: Amlodipine Besylate and Benazepril Hydrochloride Capsules
- Brand: Amturnide Generic: Aliskiren, Amlodipine and Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets
- Brand: Exforge HCTGeneric: Amlodipine Valsartan Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets
- Brand: TwynstaGeneric: Telmisartan Amlodipine Tablets
- Brand: TribenzorGeneric: Olmesartan Medoxomil Amlodipine Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets
- Brand: ConcensiGeneric: Amlodipine and Celecoxib Tablet
- Brand: ValturnaGeneric: Aliskiren and Valsartan, USP Tablets
- Brand: AzorGeneric: Amlodipine and Olmesartan Medoxomil Tablets
- Brand: ByvalsonGeneric: Nebivolol and Valsartan Tablets
- Brand: PrestaliaGeneric: Perindopril Arginine and Amlodipine Tablets
- Brand: EntrestoGeneric: Sacubitril and Valsartan Film-coated Tablets for Oral Administration
- Brand: NorvascGeneric: Amlodipine Besylate
- Brand: TekturnaGeneric: Aliskiren Tablets
- Brand: AdcircaGeneric: Tadalafil Tablets
- Brand: Generic:
- Brand: StendraGeneric: Avanafil
- Brand: Tekturna HCTGeneric: Aliskren and Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets
- Brand: Irbesartan Generic TabletsGeneric: irbesartan
- Brand: AvaproGeneric: Irbesartan
- Brand: CialisGeneric: Tadalafil
- Brand: IncivekGeneric: Telaprevir Film-Coated Tablets
- Brand: ContraveGeneric: Naltrexone HCl and Bupropion HCl Extended-Release Tablets
- Brand: GloperbaGeneric: Colchicine Oral Solution
- Brand: NizoralGeneric: Ketoconazole
Slideshows, Images, and Quizzes
- Cholesterol Drugs: What to Expect With Heart MedicationSource: OnHealth
Has your doctor prescribed a new heart medication? Learn more about different prescription cholesterol drugs, what they do, and how they work to lower cholesterol.
Diseases, Conditions, and Procedures
- High Blood Pressure Treatment (Natural Home Remedies, Diet, Medications)Source: MedicineNet
High blood pressure can be reduced and managed naturally with the DASH diet, and by quitting smoking, reducing alcohol intake, and cutting back on caffeine. Combined with diet, other natural ways to lower blood pressure naturally are stress reduction and weight loss. If high blood pressure cannot be controlled naturally, medications may be necessary.
- Chronic CoughSource: MedicineNet
Chronic cough in children and adults is a persistent cough. Causes of chronic cough include colds, GERD, bronchitis, drugs, and smoking. Chronic coughs can be dry, wet, or whooping. Other symptoms of a chronic cough are sore throat, heartburn, or a stuffy nose. Treatment for a chronic cough is aimed at the cause. Learn about 5 types, 10 home remedies, and 5 prevention tips.
- Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI)Source: MedicineNet
Information on coronary balloon angioplasty and stents. Angioplasty and stent placement is a nonsurgical procedure performed to relieve narrowing or obstruction of the arteries to the muscles of the heart.
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED, Impotence)Source: MedicineNet
Erectile dysfunction (ED, impotence) is the failure to achieve or maintain an erection. Learn about ED causes, symptoms, treatment, medications, risks, and ED drug side effects. ED is curable.
- Heart FailureSource: MedicineNet
Heart failure symptoms include fatigue, nausea, coughing, lightheadedness, and loss of appetite. Learn about heart failure stages, types (diastolic, systolic), treatment guidelines, diet, prognosis, and life expectancy.
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) MedicationsSource: RxList
Learn about 10 types of high blood pressure (hypertension) medication, the selection of best HBP medications, drug list, side effects, drug interactions, and more.
- FDA Recalls Some Valsartan Drugs Due to ImpuritySource: WebMD Health News
The FDA has announced a voluntary recall of several drugs that contain the heart drug valsartan because a possible carcinogen was found in the recalled products.
- Tainted Valsartan Recall Expands as More Drug Makers ImplicatedSource: WebMD Health News
European and US health officials are expanding their recall of valsartan after the potentially cancer-causing substance, N-nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA), was detected in some valsartan medications made by a second Chinese drug maker and by a drug maker in India.
- Exforge HCT Approved to Treat HypertensionSource: WebMD Health News
Read more about the new drug Exforge HCT that the FDA has approved to treat high blood pressure.
- FDA Issues Alert on Irbesartan Due to ContaminationSource: WebMD Health News
SciGen Pharmaceuticals has voluntary recalled certain lots of the angiotensin II receptor blocker (ARB) irbesartan, owing to the presence of N-nitrosodiethylamine (NDEA), a probable human carcinogen, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) said in a drug safety alert.
- Top Prescriptions Index for 2010Source: RxList
- Top Prescriptions Index for 2011Source: RxList
- Top Prescriptions Index for 2009Source: RxList