Tonsillectomy and Adenoidectomy Surgical Instructions
Table of Contents
- Tonsillectomy and Adenoidectomy Facts
- Tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy introduction
- What are the risks and complications of tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy?
- What happens before surgery?
- What takes place the day of surgery?
- What happens during surgery?
- What happens after surgery?
- General instructions and follow-up care
- General instructions and follow-up care (Continued)
- When to call the doctor
Tonsillectomy and Adenoidectomy Facts
- Tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy are surgical procedures performed to remove the tonsils and adenoids.
- The tonsils and adenoids are masses of lymphoid tissue located behind the nasal passages.
- All surgical procedures have risks and potential complications.
- Understanding what is involved before, during, and after surgery can help the patient recover from surgery as comfortably as possible.
1/10Reviewed on 11/3/2015